August 22 thru September 1 Sale is NOW OVER! šŸ„³

At checkout, after discount it was showing a big amount till I found this! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

@Hauru

4 Likes

Thanks Captain!

3 Likes

I tried to buy some audio on Gumroad. This time I notice Gumroad.com added a big amount of forced tip, besides the tax.
I live outside of US. Does the tip apply to non-US countries only?

Is there any way to remove or reduce the tip ?

1 Like

Click 0% tip on the lower right side.

5 Likes

Hi Innow1
Thanks for the tip. Pun intended.

I bought 2 audios 2 days ago without noticing the tip amount. Very painful :unamused:

3 Likes

At least it all went to a cause for good - the Captain.

4 Likes

No, it doesnt.

1 Like

I think thatā€™s pretty scummy on the part of gumroad to default add a percentage tip to purchases without even putting a big banner ā€œhey thereā€™s a tip option now and its set to 20%ā€
there must be a lot of people that add their items worth thousands to cart and purchase without doing a double check on the price because they just dont expect this stuff
I hope they get into some legal trouble to learn a lesson

4 Likes

When you fire a 1000+ usd order a bit of duediligence and double-checking stuff should be the preferable course of action

6 Likes

what if you bought fields tens of times before and think this purchase is just like any other
I almost clicked pay with tip added too

1 Like

Maybe there is a setting to have it on 0. I will check in a few days guys, (do not have my laptop with me) just look out for it.

14 Likes

For the record, I felt horrible for moving the tip from 20% to 0ā€¦ because you guys deserve 100% if not moreā€¦ maybe after I spam the wealth fields in about 3-4 months. :)

6 Likes

as long as i know itā€™s not on the creators(people were talking about this on X thatā€™s what i remember)

2 Likes

@Rosechalice will the code work throughout the 1st of September too or itā€™s only until it?(i really appreciate the sale !! only asking because of language barrier things and the fact that iā€™m postponing it to find right time to do it because iā€™m just so nervous about purchases on Gumroad after what happened last time)

2 Likes

There is no setting funny thing is at the time of checkout after removing the tip if you refresh the page the 20% tip gets added back.

People who want to tip can directly send to Captainā€™s paypal if possible because gumroad will not be giving 20% tip to the creators, no company does.

7 Likes

So Paypal is getting the tips and not 'the Captain . Thatā€™s a ripped off .

3 Likes

No gumroad doesnā€™t have paypal option right?

I meant it is better to send the tips to Captain directly and paypal would deduct some amount too as fee and gumroad as well will deduct some amount and give to creators else why it would forcefully add tip at the time of checkout and on page refresh.

3 Likes

Yeah i meant to say Gumroad tips instead of Paypal . But the Gumroad tips isnā€™t going to Captain then

2 Likes

Captain wonā€™t be getting all 20% that is for sure.

4 Likes

From the Gumroad help page:

ā€œFinancial details:
You receive 100% of tips, minus standard Gumroad and Stripe/PayPal fees
Tips are included in your regular Gumroad payoutsā€

6 Likes