Blacklight Virus (cancelled)

‘‘10 percent of the human genome is made of bits of virus DNA. It can be said you are part virus.’’
Virus Disruption ver 2.0

Although viruses are most often studied as pathogens that have caused extensive disease and suffering for humans and domesticated plants and animals, there are also many that are beneficial to their hosts, providing essential functions in some cases and conditionally beneficial functions in others. Beneficial viruses have been discovered in many different hosts, including bacteria, insects, plants, fungi and animals.

There can be several interpretations of ‘intimate’, but most people would agree that all viruses have an intimate relationship with their hosts. Symbiosis can be obligate, meaning that the relationship is required for the survival of one or both partners, or non-obligate. Viruses are obligate symbionts in that they cannot replicate outside their hosts. Although they are often thought of as purely antagonistic, examples of mutualistic viruses have been described for several decades.

What is mutualistic symbiosis? Mutualisms are relationships between living entities in which each member benefits from the relationship, although it should be pointed out that mutualisms can also exist between partners that are not in a symbiotic relationship. According to most ecology textbooks, mutualism must result in increased fitness, as measured by increased reproduction. However, here the term ‘mutualistic symbiosis’ is used more loosely, to describe any symbiotic relationship in which all partners benefit.

I am sure we have all experienced the terrifying speed of infection and the debilitating effects of common harmful viruses before, such as Covid, so imagine what if there was a virus that spreads just as fast, but is completely benevolent and beneficial to the host?

This project will create a novel and beneficial ‘virus’ (for the host user) that has the following benefits through inherent qualities of the virus itself or through gene manipulation:

• Bacteria killer (only harmful ones)
  • Virus killer (only harmful ones)
  • Cancer and Tumour cell killer
  • Accelerated wound healing
  • Life extension
  • Physical Enhancement

looking for 8 members

5 Likes
  • Interested

0 voters

interested :grinning:

Interested man

Questions:

1. Are you sure that viruses can actually do these functions? I have never heard viruses being able to do these:
  1. A field cannot create a virus out of nothing, but can modify an existing one. If one is going to modify an existing virus into becoming a beneficial virus, which virus or viruses would you modify to become benevolent?
    Also, as you mentioned above, there are different types of viruses, capable of different things and with different strategies. I don’t think it is possible to create one universal beneficial virus that can multi-task everything.
    Your immunesystem would need to also accept that new modified virus.

2. If you modify an existing virus how will it come into the body of the target? Viruses are usually not floating around in the air, so the field would need to modify an existing virus in your body or someone else’s body and then be transmitted to you.
    If you remove an existing virus inside your body, how will it affect the internal viral balance inside your body?

3. The modified virus would potentially spread to other humans and even animals and plants. It will not stop with the NFT owner.
    Just because it is beneficial for the human who started with it, there is huge risk for longterm biosphere on the planet.

4. If the new benevolent virus automatically and instantly kills all the infected cells in your body, it would often kill infected cells long before the immune system discovers the bad intruders with the risk that the immune system would stop adapting to and learning new incoming threats from the environment.

5. The benevolent virus wouls still need to hi-jack your own cells in order to replicate.

1 Like

Theirs a star trek episode not sure what its called where scientists on a planet genetically modify the immune system to target all disease only for it to target Unmodified humans as well and rapidly age them . in any case the moral of this story is viruses mutate good or bad they cannot be fully controlled and they spread.

Season 2 episode 7 I believe unnatural selection

Everything but physical enhancement yes. For physical enhancement am considering activation of certain genes or smth but the rest there are real pre existing examples, details which I will share in the group if the project takes off. I did some research to find the examples don’t worry.

1 Like

For the rest of your questions there is always the alternative of making it an energetic virus that affects all the cells. I will leave it up to captain’s discretion (on the feasibility of making it a real physical virus), after all he will not make an impossible project.

If you make it energetic, then there is no need for a virus concept. You can just make the energy / field do directly what you intended to do and influence.

Of course the goal is to create a real virus, whether it will use the dormant virus that makes up our genome or how it will be created is up to captain. The goal is to make it native to only the host body - perhaps sustained by the energy source of the NFT. But don’t ask me HOW it will be created lol, that’s like asking how captain induces all the new proteins and activates genes in other projects or even make projects like dragon lord which creates fictional genes. That’s all up to captain man. The energetic virus is only a last alternative/resort

Captain simply assesses the goal and underlying concepts of the projects and decide whether it is possible for him to replicate its intended effects and outcome, all your questions combined is probably the answer to a scientist physically creating it, but rmb, we’re not working with science only, it’s largely energetic and conceptual work here.

1 Like

I am too, interested in Captain’s feedback here.

My questions/concerns were coming from a strict physical science point of view – which of course is always a limited way to look at things.

2 Likes

Well… Viruses are kinda weird. They’re not technically “alive”, by standards of modern science. They don’t really have cells either, which would put them on a molecular scale rather than a cellular scale. They’re a bit like nano-bots…albeit organic.

I dunno… if Hydogen, oxygen, and other ions can be manipulated it’s possible that some type of “virus” could be assembled as a way to physicalize/ground some changes. That might be a stretch, though.

But usually, when sources say that humans are part virus, they’re saying that humans have viral strands of DNA/RNA… So, in principle, that might make field-induced morphogenetic changes effectively something on the same level

1 Like