Callout to the Artists (Community Project)

Looking for musicians, writers, visual artists, probably missing a few, but if you are an artist and are struggling with the resistance, the motivation, getting the right people to notice you and your work, to get comfortable with charging for your work, marketing it and making money at it, learning to master the skills of your medium like the greats, protect yourselves from the naysayers, even the well-meaning one’s, the stamina to practice your craft, the insatiable cruriousity to understand every part of your craft and the business and marketing that goes along with it…maybe tap into the masters to be your guides?

Let’s brain storm and put together something that we can pitch as a community project to create a field/maker/ or servitor to help us be the best artists we can be.

Capping this at 20-25 for real this time, including myself. I put together a full group for the Athletes and fully half of the folks haven’t said a peep. You are expected to contribute. Reserving a few spots for distinguished members who’ve earned a right to be part of any Group created (i.e. @_Om, @Maoshan_Wanderer, and any of the mods…no insults intended if I am missing a distiguished member).

@Kay is also reserved as he/she approached me and gave me the last little push to launch this one.

The usual caveat that there’s no guarantees that what we propose ever comes to fruition, but if it does, understand there is a cost to it. This is probably the last one I’m putting together, as it covers the remainder of my passions:

Confirmed at present:

1. Scribe
  2. Kay
  3. phlf003
  4. Biceps
  5. Rosechalice
  6. SnipingTour
  7. Starlight
  8. Baya
  9. _Om
  10. @Bronyraur
  11. Emily
  12. Ealva004
  13. Globus
  14. Seamie
  15. Kchannar
  16. gittir
  17. Vakkuum
  18. va7631
  19. Beltloop
  20. benspq
  21. Sammy???
14 Likes

Funnily enough, I’ve had 2 conversations to 2 different people today about selling my paintings and turning my passion into a source of revenue.

And then I came across your post. :blush:

I’d love to participate if you will have me.

7 Likes

Ah man now this one!!! I can’t miss out on haha

Before bodybuilding i used to dream of being a boxer and before boxing i used to dream of being a rapper!

I’ve been writing since i was 12 and harmonies constantly consume me! Id love to join man

Mann!!! It’s hitting me harder as I’m writing this how crazy this one is haha i can’t wait to be a part of it!

6 Likes

I envision a situation where all your servitors gang-up on you for a carpet party, which, for the uninformed, is when you get wrapped up in a roll of carpet and the rest of the party goer’s start feverishly striking it with baseball bats. …but I’ve been wrong before.

2 Likes

Sounds like a new reality TV show, lol.

2 Likes

Hahaha wooahhh that sounds like not a lot of fun! Sounds like you been to a few of those carpet parties in your days huh? Haha

1 Like

I’m not saying I have, or I haven’t.

5 Likes

I would love to join.

As a personal trainer, Im trying to imrpove my business and constantly look for ways to promote myself. If the group description fits for me as well, I would love to increase my potentional clients interest

2 Likes

Not completely sure, Luke. This is more for the Artists. I’m a gym owner and NASM certified trainer and nutritionist too, but I wouldn’t think this one is for the non-Artists.

2 Likes

Developing artistic skills will be an important focus. Breaking down resistance as well. Motivation for the life long search of truth and beauty. DaVinci is the avatar in my head for this.

5 Likes

I put this one up because I am a musician and author as well.

6 Likes

I found photographic evidence of you on your way to a carpet party. explain yourself sir.

Alright alright i won’t detail the thread any more lol

1 Like

Thank you for your response my fellow coach…wish all the future artists well made project :pray::heart:

1 Like

The singer/songwriter in me says yes, but the empath in me says no. Already had a good cry about the last group of projects.

4 Likes

Ohh noo do join! I have a good feeling this group would be harmonious :notes::notes:

3 Likes

All of this really resonated with me. I’m a novice “writer” and have struggled with it for a long time. Have taken classes and joined writing groups. Self-sabotage and lack of belief have been my enemy.

I would love to join this.

edit - As i wrote this, so many fears came up. :thinking:

4 Likes

You sure it wasn’t some trauma from listening to my song in the other creative group? j/k. We’d love you have you. The Warrior Athlete group has been running ok under my watch, and with the help of some key members. Still trying to focus things there. But it is up to you if you wish to join us here.

4 Likes

I promise I’ll refrain from singing and stick to my paintbrushes! :rofl:

2 Likes

Those suspenders sure look sharp on me.

1 Like

Lol, I’m sure it would. I would like to be in it for the creative exercise.

3 Likes