Can one be multiple archetypes of Jung?

Hey,

I was about to DM @Bronyraur for her brilliance after getting hooked up on Jung’s stuff for the past a few days, then I thought I should open this question to anyone who might be interested in the subject.

As the title states, can a person be of a combination of these archetypes?

6 Likes

a bit more context?

2 Likes

Lmaoooo why do I sense a full blown roast coming in :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:.

3 Likes

@Septimus did an excellent job of explaining this. I’m impressed.
Most people get “lost” in the details.

Ideally, ONE (Christ/Buddha/Krishna consciousness) is able to masterfully take up any of the 12 archetypes as needed.

We all do this to some degree in our lives anyways…
At work, you are a worker.
At home, you become the “parent (ruler/caregiver)” or “spouse(lover)” etc.

Where people have difficulties is when they get “stuck” or they are unable to easily switch to the needed “archetype” for the specific situation.

Using the above metaphor…
a parent can’t always be “the caretaker” when they need to be the “ruler” and vice versa
ie … always too strict vs always too lenient with their kids.

17 Likes

Pinging @_OM for this one. This goes contrary to what we were discussing in our other thread about transcending Ego to become fully realized = having free will thus bypassing all this. Or did I not understand fully?

1 Like

Notice that I almost always write “transcend” as transcend/integrate/balance the blah blah…
(That’s not on accident)

Far too often people want to “transcend” something…meaning “bypass” it without having to “balance/integrate” those things.

So to be clear “Transcending the ego” also means “balancing/integrating” the Ego.
The Ego is this case can be represented as the 12 zodiac signs, the 12 aspects of the disciples, the 12 Jungian archetypes, etc, etc.

There are slower and faster ways of doing this.

Exactly.
To quote a well-known biblical verse

" For everything there is a season, A time for every activity under heaven. A time to be born and a time to die. A time to plant and a time to harvest.

This is saying the same thing as @Septimus said above.

And yes, it takes 99.9999999% of people several lifetimes to “balance/integrate/transcend” all the different aspects of the Ego… however one wants to represent them.

(See posts about Ego represented as Bull )

10 Likes