Corpus Spiritus Tarot Deck

i had wonderful experiences carying those with me like mandalas. full and open contact. one at a time cos they are strong.

7 Likes

Love me a good Maoshan post

13 Likes

Ironically I got my deck on April 1st and the first card in the deck was The Fool :laughing: It was supposed to be delivered on the 7th, but magically it somehow came a week earlierā€¦and it wasnā€™t even scheduled like that until the day before!

Anyways, I am totally new to Tarot as far as actually ever having my own deck. I watch readings on YouTube, but never felt the confidence to actually try it out for myself. The art on the cards is so beautiful and captivating. Each card has a different energetic feel and allure with each archetype. I got a download from my Higher Self the evening I got them home to not immediately look into the traditional meanings and definitions, but to take time to get to know each card for myself. The weekend was spent looking at the cards and studying the images to allow my subconscious to get the information.

I also looked up Michael Tsarion as suggested by @Atreides and purchased his book on Tarot. The way he explained the ancient wisdom of the Tarot was exactly what I was looking for. I also found a YouTube channel that had 2 introductory videos that broke down the Tarot in a very easy to understand way that is helping me get a grasp on understanding the connections of the entire deck. For those of you that are new to Tarot or just want a practical yet insightful breakdown of how the cards are related, check these 2 videos out when you have a chance.

Iā€™m grateful to have these as apart of my journey and just wanted to say Thank You Captain

6 Likes

I did have one question. In the traditional deck, the Strength card is the 8th card, but in this deck the 8th card is Justice. Does anyone know why that is?

2 Likes

Depends on what ā€œtraditionā€ youā€™re citingā€¦

Traditional Marseilles tarot (older than the RWS) places Justice at VIII and Strength at XI.

In the end, only Captain can say why exactly.

6 Likes

yes this follows the marseilles traditional type
well it draws from each to have bits of ā€˜all tarotā€™
if you get what i mean.

21 Likes

Nobody scared as yet at the accuracy?

A little doubt the imagination can accept, maybe its so, maybe notā€¦ its vague.

but when its not vague and direct, people tend to want to hide it and run away screaming.

34 Likes

Yeah, itā€™s got me on the nose, but I asked for it, so grateful and refuse to run and hide. Thanks, Captain, this is a godsend. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Wellā€¦ so far Iā€™ve only pulled the 3 of Cups and Iā€™m sticking to it for a bit until I learn this. :sweat_smile:

If I understand tarot reading correctly, if we pull a card or a spread, it doesnā€™t necessarily mean that itā€™s written in stone. Our actions can change the outcomes ā€¦ correct?

2 Likes

The way that Iā€™m going through is, which cardā€™s energy do I want to infuse myself with? For example meditate to the hermit or sleep near the moon.

Use intention to set which aspect Iā€™ll like upright or reverse.
At least thatā€™s how Iā€™m going about it, feedbacks?

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing. I didnā€™t know that the cards would be able to infuse the user also but good to know.

3 Likes

Well Iā€™m not entirely sure, Iā€™m thinking of them as mandalas

Only @Captain_Nemo can confirm.

3 Likes

I have used both approaches. I asked to be shown what illusion I was operating under that prevented progress, and also chose a card to meditate upon to receive the nature of the subject matter. This was suggested by Maoshan somewhere in here.

7 Likes

So I had been playing with the tarot cards a bit over the weekend and came to several realizations. The archetypes of the cards would interact with me through my mind to bring about the realizations I was looking for. The cards that would come up were clearly telling me what I need to know but not so much from what the cards oirignal meaning was but the feeling I was getting. I had asked dream about this and he said:

You are the interpretation tool. Itā€™s supposed to help you see what you ask. So just be open to it and it helsp you see how the future plays out, then you know how to meanings are tied and you will be able to know how to navigate the future slowly like this.

You will see traditional meanings if that is what you expect to see. But this is more open ended. The archetypes will just eventually talk to you in your head. Just need to develop the bridges first. By using it daily, talking to the archetypes, doing the magic, same as you are.

These cards are alive in a sense and speak through you. Something Iā€™ve played around with is while shuffling the cards, Iā€™d think of something like ā€˜How to resolve a dispute Iā€™ve been having with someone,ā€™ and then the cards would arise. Iā€™d then meditate on the cards. Meditating simply means focusing on it. Even thinking about it is focusing on it. Because the thing is, the cards already have magic/power. By focusing on it, youā€™re tapping into that power. Into that archetype. And itā€™s already meshing with you in a way.

Of course, you can take it to the next level by doing pranayama while focusing on a card or even just having it in front of you. Using radionics, extā€¦ Sky is the limit. You can also focus on a particular card to generate a vibe within yourself. Or you can just think while shuffling the cards. The thing with tarot is there is an overall bigger picture to the tarot and each card is just pieces of that bigger picture. Each card contains the overall wisdom of the tarot.

Now, Iā€™m still trying to piece together and translate the conceptual information Iā€™ve been getting from playing with it so excuse me if I sound cryptic. Iā€™m not going to sit here and pretend Iā€™m a professional reader. Iā€™ve got lots to learn. I think learning the original meanings is still important as it helps you understand each card on a deeper level. Getting to know the archetypes in the same way some of you get to know about certain dieties and whatnot by reading about them and learning. That deeper understanding does help. Alsoā€¦continue to build that bridge with these archetypes so that the subconscious messages become clearer and clearer.

I can tell some of you that have purchased it are confused with it and wondering where to go from here. But there are plenty of places to go. I would suggest starting by watching a tarot beginner video on youtube. It definitely helps getting used to a form of revealing cards.

I would also suggest just, pulling out cards and focusing on them. Observe the image and try to gauge what is going on in the image. Make up your own story. It doesnā€™t matterā€¦ So as long as you think about it. Thinking about something is focusing and merging with its energy in some form. Problem tends to be that a lot of peopleā€™s thinking tends to have underlying doubt which blocks openness/connection. So just try to be more open minded here.

Anyways, I will be creating a tarot category so we can explore these things more deeply. Still just figuring out how to organize it.

30 Likes

Finally arrived! I havenā€™t even opened the plastic and I feel the energy.

Also, which end do I draw from for the first card? Itā€™s either The Fool or the King of Pentacles.

7 Likes

Just shuffle, focus on a question and pick.

4 Likes

FWIW,ā€¦if I get to voteā€¦ I like the method that @anon51280824 suggested. One category with each card being itā€™s own entry there under. Very elegant and straight forward.

4 Likes

We talked about different things considering his views on it and what Captain has told him and my little input.

Once he creates the category im sure he will know how to go about it, but tho we all agree is important to get familiar with the basic meaning, he will direct us in the sub categories how to participate so we can all enjoy and grow. and he will just add different ways to connect more to them in a personal way.

And then i guess we would just make lots of trials and share :grin: :partying_face:

7 Likes

I am pretty familiar with reading individual cards, but how do experienced readers form the story or message of a combination of 2 or three cards?

2 Likes

Its like watching a movie.

Each card is a scene.

And just like you start adding the dots as you watch each scene to understand the story, youll feel the same putting together the messages you receive from each card and build a story from them.

7 Likes