Enquiry about the Microcosmic Orbit

I had a discussion with my friend (he’s a student under a taoist qigong master) and he told me that the microcosmic orbit has been causing problems (in the long-term) within taoist traditions for years and practitioners who would see that it works efficaciously for a while and then after a few years develop energetic imbalances.

His teacher said that the problem was that a lot of people try to guide the energy down the front of the body (front channel) which contradicts the natural movement (which is to move up from the perineum). He also said that there were several taoist teachers who later realised this and shifted the ‘front channel’ deeper into the body closer to the center channel.

Reference image above is from Tao & Longevity by Nan Huai Chin, showing the natural movement of the front channel…

He gave a solution which is to bring in the front channel by a few inches, and instead that he teaches to descend directly from the center of the body (top of crown down to the middle of the head/pineal gland, to the middle of throat, to middle of chest, to lower dan tien, to bottom of torso), completely avoiding the front surface of the body.

He also gave special words for each point of the orbit:

1. lower dan tien - “Om”

2. reproductive organs - “Mwo” (reversed “om”)

3. bottom of torso - “Om”

4. tail bone - “Mwo”

5. lumbar back - “Om”

6. between kidneys - “Mwo”

7. C7 vertebrae - “Om”

8. back of head - “Mwo”

9. top of head - “Om”

10. middle of head - “Mwo”

11. middle of throat - “Om”

12. middle of chest - “Mwo”

13. lower dan tien - “Om”

Just wondering if the current Automated Microcosmic Orbit takes this into account, and whether it coul be further optimised? :stuck_out_tongue: Okay I am clearly pushing my luck, I’m sorry~ xD

10 Likes

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Transmutation and MicroCosmic