Forgetting about breathing

does it ever happen to you that you get very zoned that breathing becomes very subtle or lungs feel like they’re not moving? I felt like writing this to read about this kinda stuff with ppl here. Part of me since childhood had severe anxiety which was borderline suicidal and ever since then I feel anxious even as I breathe consciously. It happens till now to me, subtly. I also had poor nutrition growing up, again, because of anxiety even eating at the table back then, its leading/lead me to lots of trouble. as well as ‘self-destruction’ has, I could’ve done better at least in that aspect.

7 Likes

Very sorry to hear about your issues with anxiety. I sincerely hope you are happy and healthy. :slight_smile:

If you can rule out physiological causes for breath impairments, then this may be a good thing!

As for the state of “breathlessness”, that is what we strive for. Breath and thoughts are deeply connected. The Yogic methods tend to regulate and sublimate the thoughts aka the mind through the energy of the breath. This is generally easier (grosser forms of energy are easier to work with).

Others, who practice some direct approaches like some schools of Non-Duality, Advaita, etc., attain the moment of mental clarity and thoughtlessness and their breath naturally slows down and at a stage feels like it has stopped.

I can speak of this in terms of Mantra practice (which is what I am most familiar with) - when the breath seems to stop, it can feel anxious, it can feel scary as breath, in all its glory, is also what anchors us to this physical plane of existence while also serving as a bridge to higher dimensions of wisdom and clarity. So, when this most familiar and intimate process seems to stop, it feels very disconcerting, but that is when old patterns, thousands of years of conditioning begin to unravel. It is only in that state that one is completely undistracted by thought/breath and can see Herself/Himself for what we really are, the Effulgent Radiant Light.

Even during the process of meditation training, we initially focus on breaths, the warmth in and out but once that pattern is stabilized, the goal is to focus on the silence in between the breaths - initially when holding the breath, and eventually when the breath has been exhaled and there is quietness. Eventually when reciting a mantra or meditating, very small periods of such silence begin to appear, where the breath seems to have disappeared. Once the strangeness of this unfamiliar condition is transcended, this state, where breathing has naturally dissolved (this should never be forced) is when the glorious vibration of the Mantra begins to emerge, where every cell in the body begins to vibrate and recite the mantra (mantra’s journey is from gross sound to subtle sound to pure vibration to vibratory intent pre-vibration, then light form and eventually just pure consciousness where the reciter- act of recitation-the mantra, and the deity are one unified consciousness). This state now begins to extend more and more and when one is stabilized in it for a reasonable period of time, it is called Samadhi. This also has the effect of extending the physical life by arresting/reducing the aging process (which is again intricately tied to the breath and its patterns).

Breathlessness is Deathlessness…

13 Likes

I feel you. I can relate to breathing problems or not the ideal breathing dynamic very well. During childhood I had poor eating habits as well… that’s a pattern. Anxiety regarding some foods and smells got me immediately anxious.

At this point in my life I’ve had great improvement but sometimes the improvements were at the rate of baby steps.

My problem with breathing correctly was that, like you it was a superficial breathing and also that I kind of had the impulse to stuck the breath so to speak.
But with consciousness, directing attention to the problem and focus on breathing I could address it and overcome it. Now my breathing is balanced and I’m sure you will find your balance too. Keep the focus, and address your anxiety with the Sapien fields. The main thing is that you recognize the problem and want to improve it. That’s the first step.

9 Likes

I’ll skip the backstory and recommend subconscious limit remover, extreme confidence and chakra growth. All three consistently for a while.

Maybe blockage removal.

4 Likes

I think what Philip said for your actual issue;

Regarding the breathing thing, this reminded me of the time maybe 5-6 years ago when I would do the Silva method (which is just… you go into a alpha + deeper brainwave, nothing special) in the night on my bed and sometimes I noticed I “didn’t breathe”.
My mind was just observing, my body would take a breath in, out, stop…stop…stop… my mind observing, no breath in… then after a long time I would breath in.
I could count to 60+ between breaths just breathing naturally and not making an effort to keep the breath out.
Sometimes it’s weird like that

But it sounds like your real issue is with anxiety and the blockage removal, trauma healing (all mental health album) and anxiety release fields should help a.lot with that.

4 Likes

Yes this is true,@Maoshan_Wanderer. During my daily meditations, I, many times already, hold off my breathing for several seconds and it’s effective in deactivating any thoughts instantly which I’m very interested in since I’m preparing for practicing Constructive Dissociation technique by Jonathan Dilas.

The free divers come to mind since they also have to hold their breaths for a number of minutes while underwater without oxygen tanks. Thanks for bringing up this topic. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Whenever I put myself in mind awake-body asleep state(having university early in the morning with 2 hours break),I would notice that she slower my thoughts are,the slower the breathing until I would enter state where I am barely awake and there it is impossible to differentiate exhale from inhale.Trully beautiful state to be in,ur breathing becomes so gracefully shallow that inhale and exhale merge into one.As soon as thought comes up and I entertain it,that gracefulness is broken,so basically ur thoughts are ur biggest enemy.
Here are my recommendations that people havent mentioned:
Amygdala
Nervous System: Renew, Restore & Rejuvenate (Energy Healing Protocol)-Spirituality zone(cant link it,post might get flagged)
RESONANT FREQUENCIES OF MAGNESIUM, NITROGEN, ZINC FOR RELAXATION & HEALING-arcturian sound and energy healing
U probably have trouble falling asleep,issue for me was overstimulated nervous system(if that is the word),from all the fields I would use and generally other things.
Now third video I sent gives energetic presence of magnesium which has enabled me to easily rly easily relax body,fall asleep like a baby and not wake up every 2 hours.I tested it while in fasted state and I had beatuful sleep,and tonight before sleep I ate chips and sunflower seeds cuz I am tired of having to always know if I wanna sleep,last meal is 6 hours before bed.Well it worked I had wonderful sleep so yeah.We always chase root cause in obvious places,but tend to forget our body needs minerals and vitamins still no matter how good stuff Dream releases.
Sumarry:after fixing my nervous system,and finally discovering that third video,I realized how essential Magnesium was for good sleep.

2 Likes