Format/Resolution for NFT

I managed to get through buying my first NFT. It is in my Phantom wallet and I have downloaded the audio. I was unsure the best way to download the picture. I first downloaded from my wallet by choosing “save as.” It came in at 261kb. I then revisited my claim page and found another button to download something. This downloaded the picture at 10 mb. Both are in the png. format. When I try to print them on my mac it opens in preview application which I am only used to using with pdfs . I resize it down. No matter what size it is the picture is so dark I can hardly see it. This happens in both the kb and mb size. There is no option to change the resolution. I have an inexpensive Brother black and white laser printer. Is this normal for people. I have tried printing a couple of the free mandalas in the past and they were dark as well but not quite this bad. Do most people take the file to a professional place and print it? If so, which file? the big mb file or the smaller kb file. Any guidance would be appreciated. thank you.

1 Like

Seems to be a problem with your printer. Mine is laser HP and is the same. Is good for documents, but not pictures.

I’s use the 10mb image, either from the download (I never did that so I dunno) or from the forum here:

What came as 261kb was a preview. On Phantom Wallet, you can choose to “view on Solscan” or smth like that. And then under the image (in Solscan page), there is a “view original” button. Which is the image uploaded on that thread.

I’d definitely use an original one over a preview or the wallet thumbnail.

Thank you so much. I am not very computer savy and your reply is very appreciated. I will take the big file and have a few professional copies made. Glad it is not just me that is having this problem.

1 Like