Gut friendly protein powders?

Hey anybody know of a good way to get more protein in the diet with issues like candida/sibo and ibs/gut issues.

Is plant based protein powders the way to go ?

2 Likes

candida feeds mostly from sugars so I dont think this will matter

thing is if a protein is complete is good anyways.

If you have a vegan preference then take the vegan without any carbs in it

thats my recommendation only. I havent gotten through candida so I am not sure either ways just my knowledge applied here. Better to take the opinion of someone who got through it

1 Like

Ok, because all protein powders i come across have a little bit of sugar in it.

2 Likes

maybe proteins in isolate form would be best because they have 90% of protein

less carbs less lipids

1 Like

Protein powders themselves can cause gut reactions, so you’ll want to do your research.

As you’ve already noticed, many protein powders have added sugars (or sugar alcohols) which are big no-no’s in the candida/SIBO protocols that I know of.

Are there reasons you’re not looking to whole food sources of protein to get your more protein? That’s the route that most of the candida/SIBO diets I know about recommend.

Also, is your protein supplementation truly necessary? Do you have a medical condition which demands you to supplement your diet in this way?

Keep in mind that the liver turns excess protein into sugars, which will then feed any systemic candida you may have. IOW, needless protein supplementation might be counterproductive for your goal of healing your candida/SIBO.

3 Likes

Its the muscle loss from being still from having candida that has me worried about protein.

Also im just now getting rid of the candida with diet and fields from sapien fully. My parents have fed me shit foods all my life and encouraged me to have a unhealthy lifestyle. And so I have had to find out stuff by myself and do my own research.

I am eating alot of protein foods, but the candida has made it so that my digestive system gets exhausted after eating anything because of all the bloating.

I think I will stick to foods for protein then, im thinking maybe buy a creatine and d-ribose powder for recovery ?

Also im doing the immune booster, do you think thats a good idea for the candida/bad bacteria ?

Long walks, sapien fields, good sleep, good diet and a better outlook and then better health hopefully.

Protein powder (or even protein supplementation) isn’t going to help your muscle loss. Protein supplementation is going to make your kidneys work harder.

Exercise (even light to moderate exercise) is going to help your muscle loss. Since you’re already eating alot of protein foods, you’re not going to need protein supplementation (either in whole food or in powder forms) until you start training hard.

For what purpose? Are you weight-training?

The Immune Booster field? Yes, that will support your immune system’s natural defenses.

1 Like

If I work out with like weights, my face is gonna look older (the muscles). I havent aged well.

Since, in your threads, you’re wanting more fields to use, (and I say this with kind honesty) this :point_up: suggests to me JAAJ’s Daily Self Love Stack :white_heart:. Accepting and honoring the good work that your body has been and is doing to keep you alive is such a helpful boon to your healing.

1 Like