Its over I guess

So I had my first date 9 days ago.
It was everything pretty chilled. We played mini golf twice. We had fun and talked with each other but it wasn’t deep talk more a normal talk. After that I accompanied her home that was her first time a boy accompanied her home.

It’s hard to describe but the date didn’t feel pretty nice. The middle was not bad but later on it wasn’t that nice. And the attraction that I had for her is somehow gone. I hope I doesn’t sound like a asshole.
The good thing about the date is that it was my first one and that I somehow appreciate that I am single.

12 Likes

:partying_face::partying_face::partying_face: Congratulations :)

Hey it’s still a nice experience overall, at least it seems like that from the outside.
And if I understand correctly, you guys are in the same class.so.probably you’ll see each other regularly. You never know what may (or may not) happen as you inevitably get to know each other a bit better.

And yeah that happens sometimes.

13 Likes

Well, IMHO (but expereienced opinion, LONG history of dating and relationships) , most first dates dont have a “deep talk” component. U are just at the beginnings of getting to know each other. To reveal yourself in a deep talk takes a good amount of “trusting” and that takes time. (Yes, I know some people reveal ALL on the INTERNET, but in person, its a whole different ballgame)
So, this takes time.
IF u want to persue it with this person.

If not, another person will come along.

And another…

The good thing about dating is u get to know the kind of person u want to have a relationship with, AS WELL as the kind of person u dont want to get involved with.

I compare dating to trying on different pairs of shoes (when u have an odd/unusual shape/sized foot) to get the right fit and get something u like.
So a womens 10.5 Narrow foot, unusual size, I cant walk into a regular shoe store and just casually buy a pair of shoes, they wont have my size. I need a store that carries a wide range of shoe sizes and widths and start from there. Even with that 1 pair of 10.5 N is too wide, some too tight in the heel, some too tight in the toe area. Then after all these tries, U actually find a good fit, a good style that u like then BINGO, it makes it worthwhile. And thats how u find someone u want to have a meaningful relationship with.
(The dating is trying on the shoes)

As Mosseti posted its important to have fun!

13 Likes

Oh man, shit happens. Opportunities like this come and go, just keep learning from them, and the most important, have fun!

10 Likes

appreciate the journey and what you’ve felt as they were all beautiful and real.

like monkeyowl says, congratulations!

you’ll have plenty more opportunities to love and feel!

right? single, in a relationship, open, etc. find what is right for you and the souls who are right for you!

7 Likes

Some time it just blows, it takes time to find the right tempo.

It’s not like you’re soul bonded already. One of you gets sick or tired, there’s a lack of something one time. One of you is stressed about something else. You’re gonna think you don’t really like this girl, but then another time she’s acting like in the beginning and you’ll remember why you liked her.

It’s always kinda awkward in the beginning, you like each other but you don’t know at which reveal will be off putting which case the land mine is on.

If it just clicked perfectly right from the start without the effort to connect the bridge, there would be many more break ups.

You’re getting comfortable

Edit: lol, but if you don’t even care about it anymore :joy: :man_shrugging:

11 Likes

No Man! I was too invested in this story.

You aint ending it like that

I need details lol

9 Likes

Lol, I’m assuming it’s not an ego thing, where she said or did something you’d don’t like or she didn’t react the way you expected and you got afraid and pushed back… somehow decided “if it’s like that… then I don’t like her” because it got too real for you

Then you wouldn’t want to admit it and look like an asshole, so you’d say “meh, I’m not that much into her”… hoping that we cut you some slack because you also have a public

9 Likes

The date went not bad but I probably realised that she isn’t my type (I guess?). I don’t know but I just accept that and live my life happy.

8 Likes

Ah man, they’ll be more opportunities for you :relieved: no doubt.

3 Likes

And for her :)

I always ask when people talks about wanting this and that from a partner:

And, are you the person the person you want would want?

8 Likes

@MilesParker , you’re 15/16. Everything you felt, said, did was perfectly normal and healthy for someone your age with their first serious crush/dating opportunity.

You seem well adjusted and well on your way to having many more dates and the emotional ups and downs that everyone goes thru when deciding what they like, want, don’t like and don’t want in their relationships.

You’re going to be just fine.:muscle:

20 Likes

A bit late, but here enters the chaaaaad of dating. Just kidding, but anyways here is what I see:
1.It was first time for both, so she could have had trouble relaxing or having deep convo, cuz this is now serious between u two and not just casual talk while at school. For some relationships it takes time for borth parties to get used to each other,but once it happens, it is awesome.

2.U were excited for the possibility of dating a girl, she caught ur attention, made herself approachable and now that u 2 have went on a date, excitement is lost, with dissapointmed being only thing left(u had some expectations, and they werent fulfilled). This is just how our brains work, this is what forces people to switch partners occasionally, this “hype” is really powerful, but lasts shortly.
It is good that u are the dissapointed one, cuz trust me it sucks when girl gets to know u, and then rejects u.

3.SilverZuzu wrote beautiful reply. But Philip as well.
This could be just a learning experience where u partially learned what sort of girl u wanna date.
But also, it could just be wrong timing and in a month from now u will be writting how u are together and how happy u are.
Dating should be fun and explorative, at the end of the day u have made a female friend, and girls automatically like u more when they see u talking to another girl. So at the end of the day, NOTHING IS OVER, u have lost what u wanted, but gained what u needed.

4 Likes