Joining audio fields into one track (NOT merging)

Simple question here but couldn’t find an answer. I want to join multiple fields into a single track - but where each field is played one after another - so NOT merged/combined on top of each other.

For instance, the tool I am using is: https://audio-joiner.com/

Will this affect the fields, their energy or effectiveness?

2 Likes

Nope. You’re good.

4 Likes

Awesome, thank you :)

2 Likes

Make sure the data stream is not compressed or otherwise messed with by the software in any way.

1 Like

I don’t think it is, but I may try doing it with an actual audio software so I can make sure it’s not getting compressed.

What about the sound level? I am also interested in making one track but the sound levels of the different fields are going up and down. Would it harm the fields if I make the sounds more equal? I was planning to use my editing program and make WAV. Would that be ok? Thank you for your help.

The key is you don’t want to change the file, because that’s where the field is. When you change the file, you’re changing the field and you risk damaging the field.

In your plans of your question, you’ll be changing the file in two places: changing the volume that the original file was recorded at and changing the file format (from .mp3 to .WAV). This last bit is why downloading or converting a YouTube field renders it ineffective.

As I said above, you don’t want to be changing the file or the data in it. (This is why most of use “playlists” rather than turning out playlists into a single track. Plus playlists make it easier for us to evolve our playlists as we accomplish individual goals.)

I’m told there are some music players which adjust the volume of the individual tracks of an album or playlist. Since it’s the player that’s performing this “normalization,” it’s doing this in the normal course of its translating of the file data. So, the field is unaffected.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this quick reponse. I understand and will not do what I was asking. I do understand that downloading through youtube premium and all the mp3 downloads on patreon are ok right?
May I ask you what kind of programs you use to make your playlists on? I saw that many make stacks in which they listen for example 1 time to a few fields and 3 times to another. I tried to make a list like that but I cannot add double songs. I have tried with 3 different apps on my phone but could not manage. Thanks for your help again.

Yes, because as long as the YouTube Premium files are played through the YouTube Premium app, the file isn’t being changed. It’s simply being played. (The mp3’s from Patreon can be downloaded for the same reason. Those files, too, aren’t being changed. They’re simply being played.)

I, like many of our other forum friends, use VLC Player to make my playlist on. It allows me to add the same field a number of times (as you were asking) into my playlist. VLC Player works on iOS, Android and Windows (and maybe MacOS–not sure). It even has the ability to add YouTube clips (as a replay, not download) to your playlists. (Keep in mind that, because it’s a replay and not a download, your device will need internet access when it comes time to play the YouTube clips.) It doesn’t not (to my knowledge) have that volume “normalization” feature I’d mentioned in my previous post.

Sure thing! My pleasure!

1 Like