Not about getting more or less

I was using some fields and wondering - why is my luck turning so bad? Why is my luck temporarily good? Why are things happening, why are some things not happening? Then suddenly something clicked… It’s not about whether things are good or bad, it’s our reaction to it.

Peace isn’t removing anger, desire, restlessness and any of that. It is complete acceptance of who we are - in the deepest authentic sense - being able to embrace every single facet of us. The ugly, the bad, the painful, the traumatic, the shameful, the happy, the joyful, the grateful, etc. It feels good to feel bad, just as good as it feels to celebrate. Every inch is alive, every particle is alive, and in this timeless now, this “happening” is unfolding again and again.

Good or bad - it’s authentic. Peace comes from our reaction to any of it - not from trying to change things outside… Although some of that can help a little, it’s not a replacement :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Obviously whatever going on outside we must ignore that
My personal experience I would like to share with you 12 years ago I was going through financial crisis I was unable to understand what to do
Then I applied one strategy
I kept on saying myself that if I am not able to do something good for myself then I am dead & dead person should not bother feelings which are causing by external environment
By this way I could suppres negative feelings however I cold not stop to express gratitude if something happened good with me

& Slowly my life began to change

1 Like

Often we forget that we chose this human experience to have a wide range of emotions and experiences. It takes a high degree of awareness to appreciate the so called negative. Excellent insight! Thank you for sharing!

5 Likes

:100:

Welcome to stoicism.:grin: Amor fati.

2 Likes

The Obstacle Is The Way!