Om aim hreem shreem kleem dreamweaver

Can you tell what is the function or purpose of the chant? Or is it supposed to be done for enjoyment or spontaneously?

Sounds like celebration or greeting to me.

I actually have chanted two names of Shiva (not meaning Shiva Shambho) sometimes. Still do. Just cause I like it. Or looking for a connection but without much expectation of success.

Tbh I even focus on Shiva Shakti Ajna sometimes. Whatever I’m doing I must be protected or I’d have destroyed my mind/energy body already xD

That reminded me of Siva Siva mantra (if it is a mantra) too. Which is done simply to focus on the A.

If a gospel chorus sings it I guess xD

2 Likes
  • Shiva - the name is very powerful and means auspiciousness
  • Shiva + Shakti - Shambhava and the name Shambhu is derived from this - which means the one who is always embedded with limitless power

So, invoking these names will connect to the deity - if one does it with enough intensity and devotion. Names are very powerful - especially specific names such as these. While a mantra requires technical knowledge: initiation, specific details of visualization, how to align it with the breath, how to recite it in different chakras, how to place the syllables of the mantra in one’s physical and astral body, how to apply the mantra to attain different results, etc.

All these technicalities are recorded and taught for a “mantra”. For chants such as reciting the names, none of these apply - it is just devotion and concentration; Mantra is a whole different game. Intensity does not mean volume. It means how strong one’s determination to invoke the deity is, how mindful one is, etc. The least beneficial recitation is verbal and loud, the most effective is the silent mode of recitation (for mantras).

I write this because not everything is a mantra. A mantra is one which is (a) revealed by a realized sage (b) Has been practiced by a lineage of realized teachers (c) The details and applications of the mantras are recorded based on millenia of use.

6 Likes

I used it few nights more with similiar result, but I stopped because I found Om Namah Shivaya mantra on Spotify and lucid dreams are not my current goal

1 Like

What about chanting mantra “in your head” as in while falling asleep etc ?

2 Likes

That is highly recommended - chanting it mentally and mindfully is the way to go.

I fall asleep chanting my mantra and sometimes, in the middle of sleep, I notice that I am still mentally chanting it.

9 Likes

Thank You!

3 Likes

Here is the three-fold categorization:

• Vaikhari - verbal chanting producing audible sound
  • Upamshu - just a whisper, with barely vibrating lips; there is still some mechanical effort, but minimal and only the chanter hears the faint sound
  • Manasi - completely mental recitation where the lips and tongue are not moving, and the mind is alert and awake. My Guru told this to me - “Every single repetition of mantra you recite in your head, you should also consciously hear it, that ensures mindfulness”

Each of these is successively more powerful by a factor of 1000 (mental being the most effective). That said, usually, these three methods target the body, mind and deeper levels of soul respectively - so it is also taught as gradual steps. I started reciting my first mantra loudly for first 3 years, as whisper for another 3 and then progressed to completely silent chanting…

9 Likes

You mean the first drive Link? Is it okay to download from that link?

1 Like

Is it hreem or hreen? I’m kinda confused about the correct pronunciation of this mantra

3 Likes

There are phonetic differences in how certain sounds are pronounced in different regions of India. You can go with Hreem. My tradition is from Southern India (school of Bhaskararaya) and Nepal/Bengal (Sarvananda) - both these living traditions use “hreem”.

6 Likes

Thank you so much for the clarification :relaxed:

Whoa!

2 Likes

Sorry I didn’t see this.

Yes I think they are the same song. I don’t know where that song is sourced from but if it is from patreon you’d need to be a member to get the field effects.

I read around the forum that there was a mantra channel…I dunno how it would work then, if downloaded from youtube.

So welp, if you want the audio, it is fine. If you want the field, I’d listen in patreon or spotify or anywhere else.

Do you mind sharing the legit link?

Tbh I had been using that audio thinking it was legit as it posted on forum. It was working? Maybe it was placebo :sob:

1 Like

Can’t find it either. It seems it isn’t on patreon.

Maybe the Spotify link works.

I don’t use apple music and all that so I don’t know where else it can be.

1 Like
5 Likes

Do you feel those are fielded?

It is Dream’s album, but it is in the wrong account.

1 Like

I guess so? :thinking:
@Maoshan_Wanderer Sir, do you have an answer?

There was a YouTube account. I believe it was named Mantra Meditations where Dream posted these. I always thought they were fielded. In general, most every audio is fielded and some artwork is not (though every work of art probably has some residual field of its creator, they probably lack the coherence of the fields typically discussed on the forum).

2 Likes

From what I remember, the Mantra Meditations album was indeed fielded.

3 Likes

@Maoshan_Wanderer
hi Moshan! hope you’re doing well
can i ask if you meant listening to the meditations is equal to chanting actual mantra?! i can’t chant the mantra itself but i’ve heard that Gayatri mantra increases the intelligence and rewires the brain so i really wanted to gain the benefits but can’t find any description for it :( and not sure what can brings maximum results