On the Horizon 2023: Public Zoom Chat

Hi Sam,

I just found out about your team’s work and got the course. It has been a fascinating journey. I don’t know how to PM you on this… Can you send me the Zoom link for tomororw?

Thanks

J

3 Likes

Hi @Jimmy welcome to our awesome Forum :smiley:

To send a PM to someone just click on their profile pic and a new screen will appear with a blue message box in it. If you click on the blue box you will then be taken to another screen where you can type in your message. Once you are done just click on the blue message box that will this time be at the bottom of that particular screen and your message will be on it’s way to it’s lucky recipient.

6 Likes

Hi, Jimmy!
neon welcome 2

3 Likes

Thank you Jenny

2 Likes

Update: I’ll Join - I hope it’s Not too late :grimacing:. I just checked the time conversion from EST to EET.

3 Questions:

How often are those (Public or non public/private) Zoom meetings (if I miss this one)?

What is the time limit until we can still ask/make an appointment?

Also, what if I say that I’m in, yet I can’t participate in the zoom call? :confused::sweat_smile:
Is that a (big) problem?

Thank You.

3 Likes

Also this.
Will there be a recap?

Oooh, we gonna have a packed house! I’m excited.

A recap… probably not. People here can recap if they’d like. It’s just a discussion on where we all are and moving forward. No huge announcements so don’t have expectations like we are about to show some field trailers :sweat_smile:

Just catching up with you all. At the end of the day, this is a community and I find it much more effective to connect directly.

As for how common… I don’t suppose so. But there might be a variation of this that is more common, coming soon.

A few minutes before the event, I’ll still be sending zoom links. So up to the time limit. Technically, if you are a trusted user and you ask someone that’s inside for a link, that’s okay too. I would post the link publicly but that could possibly lead to some anonymous no gooders.

(I’d still add people who don’ participate much so lurkers are welcome. It’s just best if you pm me first, cause that way, I can mitigate potential issues)

If you can’t participate and just want to listen, that’s fine as well. It can be like a little podcast in the background.

21 Likes

We’re excited, too, Sammy! :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

4 Likes

How long will this be?

1 Like

Hey brother, is it possible if we can plan another meeting as well for the weekend? @SammyG

Just found out I have classes during this time.

Excited to shoot the breeze with all of you.

2 Likes

I havent recieved the link

Has anybody received it ?

1 Like

I am in… although it will be past midnight for me but I will still like to join for sometime in the start for the call till I can keep awake

I think it will be closer to the time of the call

3 Likes

Enjoy guys!! I will be looking forward to the next one!

I got work today :)

9 Likes

We will miss you, Biceps!
Have fun at work!

5 Likes

Resources for prepping and using Zoom

Downloads & Quick guides

Official download page

Download Center - Zoom

Main Getting Started Guide for new zoom users

:iphone:Mobile users

Google play:
Quick guide for Android
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=us.zoom.videomeetings

iOS (iPhone & iPad)
Quick guide for iOS
‎Zoom - One Platform to Connect on the App Store

Troubleshooting / Double checking

Quick Check for the following;

1. If mic is connected properly and the mic volume / gain is at a proper volume
  2. If sound /speaker is on
  3. Be sure no other apps / programs / download processes are slowing the app / stream down
  4. Be sure your connection is stable
  5. Be sure your own VPN isn’t giving you issues with Zoom

Articles
Common issues
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/204484835-Troubleshooting-speaker-or-microphone-issues-on-your-mobile-device
FaQ
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206175806-Frequently-Asked-Questions

9 Likes

Can someone give some info
I never used zoom and had to install it
That went ok i think

Sammy did send me a link, a meeting id + password but i didn’t have to use it…

It seems that the zoom is already opened and i’m already in the meeting

2 Likes

What do you see on the screen?

Three people typing something

the name of the meeting seems to be SapienMed’s Zoom Meeting so

1 Like

Ok. @RobbyHa I think you’re fine. Just wait for the host to start talking.

2 Likes