Physical Sensations vs Energetic Sensations

I am creating a separate thread to write about my experiences and thoughts about this topic. Partly because I think it is fun to explore but also to put an end to my confusion about them. Please note that I haven’t researched about this topic and am only describing my experiences which I could be grossly misinterpreting. That being said, here goes nothing…

Feeling physical sensations is NOT THE SAME as feeling energetic sensations.

Physical Sensations are “in your face” sensations that appear very obviously on your body and can be localised very easily. For example, feeling vibrations (like that of a mobile phone) in your abdomen. Or pain in your chest. Or experiencing something stuck (akin to a piece of gum in your throat). Or feeling your tummy rumbling. Or palpitations from being excited or anxious.

Energetic Sensations on the other hand are a lot subtler and can be easily missed if not focused on. Their location is very difficult to pinpoint (at least for me) and I experience them as sort of physical but also not, i.e., they’re in my body but they’re also out of it. They can also be ‘seen’ with the eyes although this is not the same as visualisation of an image but rather something else entirely (I don’t currently have the words to describe this eye sense). In fact, they can’t just be ‘seen’ but also ‘smelled’, ‘heard’, ‘tasted’ and ‘touched’, although these are imprecise words for a different set of senses altogether that are very similar to the 5 physical senses but very different at the same time. For example, I describe the feeling of the Ojas field as ‘sweet’ tasting and ‘warm’, with a ‘honey like fragrance’ but this is just an approximant.

The problem is that a lot of the time, physical and energetic sensations coincide (although not always). And so, when one decides to play with these energies, i.e., create or dissipate sensations, it is easy to get lost. For example, creating an energetic sensation and trying to dissipate its physical counterpart while forgetting about the original energetic sensation altogether

I theorise that it is in fact the energetic sensations that cause the physical sensations in the body and the key to getting rid of any uncomfortable physical sensations is to focus deeply on its energetic counterpart and deal with it.

That being said, I would like to hear your thoughts and insights on this.

7 Likes

Want to add about energetic sensitivity and the energey sensitivity field from the Course
the more you use it, the different the feeling of energy gets
for example
At first the energy that I felt was more of a buzzing vibrating thing, like if you try to astral travel, now it feels like white water light

3 Likes

Thought so. It seems like the ability to feel these energetic sensations can be refined and improved upon further.

4 Likes

Ye man a lot, first its very subtle then its very life changing :) for sure a nice adventure to deal with !

2 Likes

Also keep in mind,
they are all interconnected, energy sensing requires use of your nervous system.
Following the rule, neurons that fire together wire together.
The more you make use of it and ‘pay attention’ the brain will wire more in that direction.

The problem with describing energy is that, there are hardly any real descriptions for things a little more than the normal senses.
As the nervous system starts to be able to ‘feel’ these things, the brain tries to ‘logically’ interpret it, using the existing normal senses as a base to start.
So you get a mix of a few other senses, ‘touch’ ‘smell’ ‘taste’ and however it mixes.
But then you keep growing from there.

33 Likes

Thank you dream! Yes, that makes a lot of sense.

3 Likes

Is it normal for energy sensitivity to temporarily disappear at higher states of consciousness?

1 Like