Receiving money in India from abroad

What is the best way to receive money in India from abroad apart from paypal?

What service do you use?

4 Likes

transferwise - Wise

5 Likes

trasferwise- Wise is the best.

2 Likes

Do you have to wait for a couple of days before you can send money using Wise ?

from india you cant send. only receive. i dont know about sending.

2 Likes

What about wellsfargo??
Or is transferwise more better
If it is i gotta let some aunties know haha

1 Like

No. Once you register a India account in Wise for receiving and initiate a transfer from other countries, the transfer takes minimum of 3 mins and maximum of 30 minutes. The transfer mechanism for receiving in India is over IMPS so there isn’t a long delay.

5 Likes

I’m getting this in the Wise app.
Any other service apart from PayPal and Wise, guys? I really need it :bowing_woman:

3 Likes

Wise is useful for following scenarios:

1. you are outside India but you wish to send money to your own account or some family members who have Indian bank accounts
  2. If you wish to receive money from someone, then they can use wise to send the money to your Indian bank account with your bank account number, IFSC code and Name
  3. If you wish to receive bank to bank transfer than you can share the details in point 2 with additional info of a swift code. The swift code will be provided by your bank and the sender can use it for bank to bank transfer

Western Union is one option to receive money in India but i haven’t used it hence i am not sure of it’s efficiency. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Wise says this on their website :disappointed_relieved: so should try Western Union instead

This function is needed when you are asking for money from other people who don’t have wise account, so they can do a transfer to the bank account wise offers. If the person you ask for money have a wise account, then you can receive money from from wise to wise.

The withdrawal of funds from wise to banks in India is cheap and fast. I just tried a small amount today, and it arrived at my hdfc bank account in just a minute.

3 Likes

Woah okay that’s good to know :+1: I finally figured out y paypal itself so I got a solution to this thing. I wish Gpay itself was international you know :sleepy:

1 Like

you can receive money from UPI. I have received from usa and australia. If the other person uses transferwise it has feature to do so. pretty low commissions.

1 Like

Right. in my case the other party didn’t use it so had to make my PayPal a business account (horrible fees) and receive it on PayPal itself

1 Like