Sapiens patreon problems

Why can’t I pay patreon with my debit card? It is difficult to count on pay pal because I don’t have a cell phone.

Hi, have you checked this page? It has a mention for debit cards as well, in the FAQ at the bottom:

1 Like

Damn, my card is not accepted, I’ll see what I can do

1 Like

Check with your bank if your card is allowed for international transactions.

4 Likes

ok.

1 Like

The patreon could simply have a payment option by boleto, it would make life easier for many

I was able to, so not sure what is preventing it. Maybe it’s the country you are based in, although Patreon is very international

I am Brazilian

I think there will be no way

All sites have these same requirements, I don’t believe I won’t be able to buy anything from sapiens

Get creative! I’m sure you can come up with a clever solution if you put your mind to it.

3 Likes

Just a post to cheer you up a little and also because of Not-Frank’s statement about creativity: my favorite Brazilian movie is O Homem Que Copiava. One of those that I can watch zillion times without ever getting bored.

The characters in that movie had… not very advisable methods for earning money lol, but their perseverance and general optimism was valuable… and sometimes hilarious :))

I hope you will find a solution.

5 Likes

Me too!! I’m facing a payment failure problem whenever I try with any option – both the PayPal option and my international debit card option. Both are failing. I really need to take the membership because I need the Ivermectin audio for recovering from Covid

1 Like

When you get your payment sorted, you can download the Ivermectin file so you’re not left in the lurch if your payment has problems again.

Is there a YouTube copy you can use in the meanwhile?

3 Likes

I have no idea what other method I can try. The payment works when I have to buy on gumroad or teespring. But on patreon it’s acting up
It’s not on YouTube:(

Patreon has their own software, setup and rules.

Plus because they’re a subscription service, they’re under different regulations for different countries. For example, there was a while (maybe still?) where the country of India changed its banking rules so that Patreon couldn’t operate. That was India’s doing, not Patreon’s.

1 Like

Yes that rule came into place last year or such and all subscriptions were affected. But it was recently made less harsh. But patreon is still a problem :no_mouth:

Well, if it’s “recently,” it’ll take some time for Patreon to evolve with your country’s changing regulatory environment.

Again, it’s not a problem with your payment method and all that you were wrestling with. It’s an issue with your country’s changing regulatory environment.

1 Like

Thank you for troubleshooting with me :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grimacing:

1 Like