So excited to officially make your acquaintance!

Hello! I have been reading the forum for many a weeks and am so excited to officially make your acquaintance! SapienMed has been a game changer and without the forum it would have taken much longer to decipher, research and test. Thanks to your knowledge, experience but also the care and patience of your explanations I have made quite a leap in my wellbeing, mental and physical. So to say that I am grateful to Dreamweaver and you all is an understatement :D

I’ll tell you a bit about me, so I don’t feel like a creepy dude (or rather dudette) lurking in the shadows :P

I’m French Canadian and what describes me in a nutshell is that I am a hedonist, through and through. People may think that hedonism is about immediate gratification and little follow through, but to me it rather means that happiness is an investment and that I don’t wish to mortgage the pleasure of tomorrow for that of today (well, not unless it’s very much worth it!). I have an unflappable sense of humour, at times rather inappropriate truth be told and I’m partial to swearing. But I’ll gladly tone it down if it offends :)

Through diligent research and experimentation, I recently recovered from a supposed incurable illness. During that process I fell into the rabbit hole of truth finding, as I like to call it. What I learned I’ll summarize as: when truly taking the time to look, the only reasonable conclusion is that reality is not at all like we assume. As such, everything remains to be explored and doing so with an open but critical mind leads one to discover wonders.

I’ve come to realise that the “body journey” was only the beginning. I have adopted many negative beliefs and fears in the last years (apparently c-PTSD is common in people with long term debilitating illnesses) and it feels like I am going through my days with arms raised in protection of blows that are no longer coming. I have tried many many things and found some that worked, but La Résistance! she is strong and I was getting somewhat discouraged by how slow the progress was. That’s when I found Sapienmed, or rather it found me. And I am incredibly grateful for that :heart_eyes: To see people care about the wellbeing of others has been really soothing. And, of course, to have such a treasure-trove of fun and useful things to explore that speed up my process all the while working alongside so well with my spiritual practice has rekindled my resilience and desire to explore within :) These tools are incredible! I feel so lucky that they exist.

So anyway… as you can see I’m a not a woman of a few words ;) I’ll try to curb my enthousiasm within humanly acceptable levels of words, but it may not be easy as it’s the first time I have encountered a group that seems interested in so many of the things I have discovered in the last years!

Ok, enough for the time being, I let your people go :stuck_out_tongue:

***to the admins: I couldn’t send a PM as my account is new, but while registering I couldn’t get a confirmation email so I tried a few different ones. Would it be possible to delete profiles Amber and Amber2 so I can change my email address to my regular one? It would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

29 Likes

Bienvenue Amber!

Tu va être marrante, je le sens :+1:

8 Likes

Hi @Amber3 welcome to our awesome Forum :smiley:

6 Likes

Yeah haha my first impression was like ohh we have a new fun person around :D

Welcome @Amber3 :clinking_glasses:

5 Likes

Aucune garantie :stuck_out_tongue: hahahhah

@Jennyfire and @Desiree Thank you both!!

4 Likes

Bienvenue à bord du Nautilus
Profitez de votre séjour

15 Likes

I’ll sign up for your upcoming course “how to be likeable (extremely) after the first post”.

Likeable is an understatement

Welcome to the forum halls of infinite depths

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum Amber!! Enjoy it

5 Likes

MouHhahahhahah! Step one of my evil plan is already working! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Jesting aside (and here’s to hoping I’m not being too personal) as I am starting to interact with life and the world again, I’ve had to come to terms with how insecure I am. Try as I might to have an internal validation system, I’m far from there and every time I encounter new people there’s always that bit of “here we go…” you know like when you dive in a body of water but have no idea if the water will be hot or cold? Thank you for those kind words and to all of you for having made the water warmer :heart:

4 Likes

Welcome aboard ;)

4 Likes

Bienvenue à bord :grin:

2 Likes

Welcome @Amber3, glad to have you here! :smiley:

Hope you enjoy it here.

2 Likes

Welcome @Amber3

2 Likes