THE DIVINE TREE OF LIFE - NFT: New Release

You didn’t get a confirmation email with the image in it when you placed your order? From the replies above, that’s what I would’ve expected from the replies above. The waiting period was simply for the NFT token to be minted. (Very early in the thread, Dream replied to me, clarifying that there was nothing physical being delivered with this item.)

1 Like

The token gives you the right to legitimately sell your image to someone else, as this is a limited edition item. When you do sell your token, the token assures the buyer that they are buying a legitimate product without any “protection” that might interfere with their purchase, you get your money and Dream gets a little piece of the action. (As I understand all of this. :laughing: )

1 Like

But, is he keeping his copy though, when he sells to another person NFT? :thinking:

I suppose he could but, as I understand it, all he would be keeping is a pretty picture. When he sells the NFT, the field moves with the token.

This is all new to me, too, but the way I’m understanding it is the token is like the music of our more familiar audio fields. The way the audios have been explained to me is the sounds of the audios aren’t part of the field. The sounds are the carrier for the field. The sounds just let us know when we’re actually playing one of Dream’s fields.

With this field, no one’s going to get much satisfaction from a wallet with a token. They’ll want something they can experience, like the image.

(And someone please correct me if I’ve completely misunderstood this process.)

4 Likes

Oh no way I’m selling then. Lol.

1 Like

I just taped it behind my bed. I’m sitting right in front of it now and it feels so beautiful in here. Feels like I’m in nature!

3 Likes

Thank you for your answer.

I suppose he could but, as I understand it, all he would be keeping is a pretty picture. When he sells the NFT, the field moves with the token.

If that is the case, I don’t see the point in buying NFT tokens. No one will ever want to sell his own token.

2 Likes

Yeah, so many questions about this new technology.

1 Like

how did you do? I received the wallet but now I don’t know what to do

You download the little pic in the original email from tee spring after you bought it

I see it as the same thing as buying a limited edition physical tag. We usually don’t buy them with selling in them in mind. In fact, as I peruse the Classified section here when someone is advertising tags for sale, very often one of the first posts in those threads is someone asking/commenting, how they would never sell their tags. (Haha) But sometimes our decisions change, right? And this new technology gives us an avenue to allow us to later change our minds and legitimately sell our field.

You’re asking the fair question of “what’s the point in buying the NFT token?” Well, that’s the way to get this field. I’m sure @Captain_Nemo has had a number of reasons for doing it this way and I’ll let him share what he wants to share about that. (I can’t speak for him.)

He has shared in recent posts that the issue of “black market” oversharing of his work has been troubling him (for a variety of reasons). I can imagine that this could be one avenue he might be playing with to see how he could address that issue, making his work available to us whilst reining in some of that illegitimate oversharing. (Plus it might be fun to play with shiny new technology, right?)

Edited: to @ Dream (to let him know I was talking about him, which he may want to adjust).

2 Likes

does not download it

Here’s how I would think of it (and someone please correct me if I’m wrong), think of your field as a physical tag. If I were to give my tag to a family member, they’re wearing it, not me. It’s kind of the same here.

Dream has said someone better with quotes can probably dig up the for exact quote for me) that intention plays an important role in his protection. If you’re buying an item (this one, a tag, an audio) with the intention of using it for yourself and then, down the road, you notice that a family member might be in need of your item, that’s one intention.

If you’re buying an item and taking a collection from each of your family members to reduce your investment in the item and so that you can all share your sort-of-communal purchase, I think you can sense how that’s another intention, right?

In another thread, when Dream was discussing his protection practices, he mentioned that intention plays a factor in whether the protection kicks in or not. From my reading of his comments, I took it to mean that my first scenario (giving your field to a family member who becomes in need of your field and you, out of the goodness and pureness of your heart, wish to be of benefit) seems to be cool with Dram and his protection.

If you were copying your image a thousand-fold and sending to all your family (even distant relatives you might never have spoken to), with that very different intention, the NFT is likely to kick in.

Is that making sense?

3 Likes

This is not very understandable

Specifically which part are you not understanding that you would like to better understand? I’d be happy to clarify, if I can.

Because in my opinion, both the examples I reported of what you wrote are actually the same thing: people belonging to the same family group and therefore “deserving” of sharing, both in the first case (family member in need) and in the second (members with participants in the purchase), indeed I would also say that if a member buys for himself and then wants to share it within his family unit, he can do it. Of course, outside the family, things change.
All this, however, would be a discourse that can only be applied to audio tracks.

yes it works if you share it, but just as an energy form.
meaning they may get some effects of course.

But surely if you have a tree in the yard and you offer somebody a leaf, there is a large difference between having it growing in your yard and giving somebody a leaf.

(i will get the full sized image to all purchasers as well)

33 Likes

Thanks for the answer @Captain_Nemo
Sounds good.

1 Like

Then perhaps I didn’t express myself clearly.

You see, in my world, there’s a big difference between

“I’m going to buy this field for $X because I think it’s cool and will help me” and then later on, I notice that "my little brother, Joe, needs this field more than I do, so I’ll generously gift him my field to him to help him out of his jam.’

and

“I want this field but it costs $X ?!? and there’s no way in hell that I can afford that. I know! I’ll round up 19 of my relatives or friends (including some I’ve never talked to before in my life) so that they can each chip in and I’ll distribute copies to all of them because, well, even I can tell $X/20 is a hell of a lot less than $X. Sure, Dream’s not getting the $20X he would have gotten if we had all bought our fields for ourselves, but Dream will never be the wiser.”

(I’ve made these examples dramatic to more clearly illustrate my point. Speaking of illustrating my point, I think that’s been done, so let’s return this discussion back to the regularly-scheduled topic of The Divine Tree of Life field. Thanks!

@mods, @AkiraTheWild [I keep wanting to edit that to AkiraTheGreat :laughing: ] if you’d like to split off these posts on NFTs, protection, sharing, etc. into a Big Thread of Protection/Sharing, etc., please feel free to do so. Thank you!)

5 Likes

I don’t buy anything like that anymore, it’s crazy, you don’t understand anything…I can’t get my tree, never again

2 Likes