The Magic Lamp

Okay… I don’t know if this would be something that could get made, given the controversial nature of Jinn lol.

I like the idea, though. So I’m willing to explore it. It would be in a similar vein as the Elemental servitor makers that exist (e.g. The Undine, The Salamander, The Gnome, and The Sylph). But, in this case, it would be a genie.

—It wouldn’t draw on the negative aspects of Jinn lore that exist, but it would draw upon the positive elements that have shown up in the 1,000 nights/ Arabian Nights and the I Dream of Jeannie series.

And, for the sake of novelty, I’d like it to be a project that could function as an item maker—in my own mind, I think it’d be pretty cool to have the ability to link to an actual genie lamp/bottle:

And, depending on whether people would like to step into the world of Aladdin or the world of the 60’s sit-com, it could also have the option of specifying whether the genie would take a male or female appearance.

Would anybody be interested in this? should it have a larger number of copies, similar to the Elementals?

• Interested

0 voters

4 Likes

It wouldn’t be made bro

I don’t think he wants to make anything revolving this, too much negative spot light…

3 Likes

Maybe so… the Crimson Moon was made though…

I think it’d be nice to give the finger to the masses of people who get bent out of shape with their imaginings

1 Like

Is this about manifestation?

1 Like

Personally, I like the idea!

As for Crimson Moon:

All the vampire stuff was taken out and changed.

Also, there’s a genie lamp/wish functionality in the Financial Freedom NFT. I know this project has a different angle on it though, just making you aware of it.

3 Likes

Jiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnssss !!!

6 Likes

^

I’ve been advised to not pursue it, which is fine lol

But, if Dream’s ever in the mood to stick-it to all the people who complain about Jinn, then I’d be game to try

or maybe I’d make a personal project with my own servitors if I ever get the skill for it…

2 Likes

Reddit is about to go wild…

2 Likes

Bro you can just Mage Light it up, i’m sure you can create something akin to a Magic Lamp if this project can’t be made :grin:

3 Likes

Does anyone actually take reddit seriously? it’s a virtual cesspool lol

2 Likes

I sure don’t lol

I don’t go on there ever

I just know what’s going on there against our community

2 Likes

Me neither

2 Likes

Personally I think it could be dangerous, not only for the indirect reference to the concept of Genius,
but also for the elementals.

1 Like

I’ve stepped away from it… but I do still like the idea. I actually can’t imagine that it would be dangerous. If it is similar to the Fae servitor, it carriers the likeness but wouldn’t be the same exact thing. And, even in the lore, there are all kinds of Jinn—some even became Christians and Muslims—meaning that not all were bad lol.

But, anyways, I mostly liked it as a type of homage to the I Dream of Jeannie series, with the idea of drawing on lore/history to add more depth.

But, given the near-immediate backlash, I won’t pursue it… I mentioned it in a different thread so that this one could fall to the bottom of the activity queue.