Women,Life,Freedom

Over the years, with different significant world events that have taken place, I had been glued to the news. Since it became apparent that a lot of news was uninformative, I decided to build a huge news aggregator that was organized by region/language.

Since I don’t know other languages, my ability to get an international scope was limited. But, one thing I noticed was that many small news sources were bought out by big news companies and they either showed articles from big news companies or they had journalists who only talked about other news articles–they had nobody on the ground to talk about actual events. And, even among the big news companies, they all tend to cast things in the same editorialized script–so it become obvious that their own journalism isn’t generally original.

So pulling news sources from thousands of places and seeing these trends, it became pretty clear that news isn’t about informing people about world events. It tends to be propaganda that is delivered to influence collective behaviors. It might be different in other countries, but the English-speaking places seem to follow this pattern with very few exceptions.

We don’t hear about Pakistan because special interests (who control the media) don’t gain much by talking about Pakistan at the moment.

7 Likes

Same here. Pretty much same pattern everywhere in Western and Central Europe.

3 Likes

Happy Women’s Day
I wish you all women of this forum and the world a long healthy and joyful life.

6 Likes