Youtube music

YT music lowkey a scam, don’t bother. If you wanna download use cloud music on iOS and download from your computer with patreon. You can move the files to your phone and play from the app.

2 Likes

I have written before how I was an ardent Google Music user (which was 100% free).

• I could stream it on my Sonos speaker, Home theater or phone
  • It also served as my cloud storage - as I could download the audios when needed

Of course, the google god struck down and this ridiculousness called YT music came around.

• Main issue, you can only upload audio but cannot download.
  • So now, I have to store the Mp3s additionally on Google Drive to avoid disaster if my hard disk crashes.
  • No way to edit metadata after the Mp3s are uploaded.
  • If you want to stream YT music on speakers like Sonos, you need a paid plan. I had to get that because I am super used to listening to Sapien playlist while I sleep on my bedside Sonos speakers.
  • Interface is very clunky - finding songs, creating playlists, etc.

As an android user, I have been looking for some alternative to Google Music, but don’t seem to be able to find one, so stuck with this mediocrity named YT Music.

Sorry for ranting lol…

4 Likes

I know they actually pushing it now, cant be just a money grab, cause they have no where to run off to after, they are still google (to live with the memory of youtube music being a failure)
so i expect they gonna make a lot more changes with youtube music and hopefully a lot that people actually like.

9 Likes

Amen to that!!

2 Likes

So there’s no way to downlad at alll

1 Like

Muzio Music Player

Its just like google play and free too

1 Like

But this one does not seem to have the ability to upload/download music to/from the cloud?

Yup, for now, no way… There are 286 pending enhancement requests from users for YT Music, hopefully someone will look at them at some point…

I download from patreon or when i buy an audio then they show in the app then i make playlists etc just like before. I only use cloud on the iphone, i keep the audios in emails when i dont want them on my phone because google drive uses lots of space too maybe thats why i havent had to check that

1 Like

Have you checked these?

1 Like

Yeah, unfortunately, unlike Google Music (and now YT Music) some of them don’t offer the ability to upload music to the cloud, and those that do are somewhat obscure and don’t seamlessly integrate with smart speakers, home theater, phones, etc.

At this point, iCloud and YT Music seem to be the only ones that play well with the smart home ecosystem.

Ah sorry about that, i guess because i do it how i said i dont need much. After Sapien theres no time for me to listen to music haha so i dont need a big cloud or space I just download from my email as i see it needed.

1 Like

Me too but some are not on patreon

But same when you buy an audio on teespring or gumroad you get the email with the link to download and that goes straight into the app

Yes sure
I’ve bought these albums from google play thought

Oh then i dont know

Albums bought from Amazon (or iTunes) thankfully are always available for download later. Also Gumroad keeps all purchased audios in its library.

Not Teespring though… I can’t login to Teespring and retrieve the audio at a later point in time. I wish Teespring did the same thing as Gumroad.

:open_mouth: Oh see? Thats why i download them on my phone then send them to myself by email, delete them to save space and just download them from email when i need them. you never have to deal with clouds or website changes.

Congratulations for 2K followers on patreon :clap::tada:

2 Likes

Album prices are extremely accessible so I’ve bought Love alchemy again on Amazon. Thanks for the suggestion

1 Like