A theology discussion

Have that direct experience of God/Oneness/Tao yet? :wink:

Yeah. It’s like a Zen Koan.
It’s supposed to be beyond the rational/dual mind/ego so that one can intuitively grasp the “greater” truth.
In other words, yeah, it’s kind of a mini-ego death, so it can seem like it’s “hurting”.

3 Likes

@_OM

Not direct experience yet, but did reflect on it hence my answer. Am I on the right track at least?

Bob Dobbs did create the multi-verse.And now ION is gonna destroy it! Relax and allow.

1 Like

I am by no means an authority on religion stuff, but my personal “headcanon” is that God is the sentient manifestation of all energy in the universe. The Universe itself is God, and all individual things in the universe are separate aspects of them, but they all are still connected to and by God. God themselves is genderless, being nothing but pure energy, but some view them as male while others view them as female. It may just depend on their personal values in life and what they need spiritually.

2 Likes

Is there something like the devil? The opposite with powers to destroy creation?

I like this thread,

My small humble views.
God is genderless, it is completely ridiculous to think it is either male or female
but it begs the question, what is god? in a limited human perception that sees the world in male and female, its easy to assume a gender. Oh woe be to the Hermaphrodite animals and creatures that even exist here.
this is all a limited perception, how can you know more if you cant see past the limits you have put in place yourself.?
It always easily to state something you read with a intellectual understanding. (ah it must be so)
but a realization is far more than an understanding of course.
I would state it leads to a complete understanding in reference to the absolute.
the absolute being not a abstract perspective, but one that transcends the limits of reality including the stated Planck distances and the function of relativity within our movement towards different spaces controlled by time, of course its folly to think time and space has any effect in other ‘realms’ of existence beyond ours, much less a gender.

33 Likes

gender is an illusion. Learn to see oneness in all. :grin:

1 Like

The masculine/feminine energies exist regardless of gender, they are another duality. The male gender is a mix of both energies, generally in an 80/20 ratio favoring masculinity. Same for the female gender being a mix of both, but heavily weighted towards femininity.

In the same way, “God” would have and express these energies as well. The masculine energies of “God” have been understood as God the Father, and the feminine energies of “God” have been understood as the Goddess/The Holy Spirit.

That doesn’t mean that “God” is either male or female, it’s just a human conceptualization to try and understand spiritual energies.

1 Like

Beautiful @SammyG and very much my experience. I have a question, just a nuance on the shiva/shakti embrace. I’ve never quite got my head around the feminine aspect as passive vs active. Just in my mind it seems like shiva as the passive, the container, the unmanifest and shakti as the active, everything that’s manifest, everything in motion. I know they’re just labels in the end, but I have a curious mind haha would you expand a little?

2 Likes

Great question. Because trantric yoga does refer to shiva as the passive and shakti as the active. The shakti is is the energy, the power. It is energy in which is active. Shakti is the driving force behind shiva’s actions and power. It is like the feminine is the behind the scenes while the masculine is the manifest.

So it’s a matter of perspective. Both can be seen as either passive or active which they both are depending from where and how perceive it. It’s like the yin and the yang, they are both one in the same.

I tend to see shiva as the active because it represents consciousness. But others may see it the other way and they aren’t wrong either.

11 Likes

Adding to this thread. This has been coming up for me for a while now and I would like some additional insight from others.

Question - It’s been stated in many books that our destinies have been already defined and cannot to be changed. We live the life that is written in the stars and we follow it as is.

Well… if that’s the case, then how do wearing dog tags/ listening to morphic fields fit in?
Aren’t’ we changing ourselves and our destinies? Our paths have changed course… correct?

1 Like

Maybe listening to morphic fields and acquiring the tags were part of that predefined path.

4 Likes

@mgsjarvis True… that is possible.

That opens up the bigger question about a predefined path. If your path is already laid out then does that mean you don’t really have any control over your life…?

1 Like

Maybe those books are wrong…
Find better books :slight_smile:

Yes. or was it your destiny to find SM and use his things :woman_shrugging: :wink:

10 Likes

hmm…What would you recommend to read?

If that is so, then I really don’t have any control of my life/path. Everything is already planned out in the bigger picture … ? The choices that I’m making are not really choices then. That’s a depressing thought

1 Like

If only there was some technique you could use the integrate the seeming polarities of Destiny vs Free Will. :thinking:

Pretty sure there’s a “OM” reading list around here somewhere… thought even in this thread but I might be mistaken.

4 Likes

ahhh yes…thanks for reminding me. :) I feel the question might still be valid even after reaching neutrality. :thinking:

Yes, there is one somewhere. I didn’t know if it tackled this subject. I’ll look for it.

Thank you!! :pray:

2 Likes

If you haven’t reached an answer that satisfies you then it hasn’t been integrated completely.

Meh, it should be beyond Neutrality. See our PMs about that.
True integration should leave one in a state of bliss, if not momentary ineffableness.

So, either there’s more “polarities” around the subject that also need to be integrated (which is very common with most issues)
or
the technique was taught to you inadequately.

4 Likes

3 Likes

It’s only depressing if you view it like that. I’m quite happy just being an observer of destiny. An observer of not just what will happen to others but also to me.

There isn’t anything I can do about it and whatever I have done and will do has always been part of destiny.

Although I have to pretend I have free will to function in society as a human. Still…I understand that destiny might be all there is. Could be completely wrong though.

1 Like