About Japan's official discharge of nuclear contaminated water today

It is estimated to be the most harmful disaster in human history, endangering life around the world. Is there something that can be done to reduce this danger?

1 Like

“The water will be released over 30 years after being filtered and diluted.”

:sweat_smile: That’s a joke.

There are other countries that actually have discharged more…

Plus the discharge is within range. It was approved by an international committee.

Again there are other countries that have discharged more and out of range.

So is this deliberately being spread just to make Japan look bad?

3 Likes

Why don’t you guys inform yourselves before spreading fear and misinformation?

2 Likes

If it’s safe nuclear wastewater, why doesn’t Japan keep it for its own use? It goes out into the ocean and affects the whole world. So far, the IAEA’s investigation has failed to produce a reasonable report.

For example, a glass of salt water, no matter how much fresh water is added, is still the same amount of salt. This is not unlike other complex methods of removing radioactive materials from nuclear waste.

The waste water contains dozens of radioactive substances with different half-lives and varying destructive power. The effects go a long way.

It wasn’t a natural disaster. It was man-made, avoidable.

No. My main point is to get other people’s opinions on how many people would like to have a field where we can avoid radiation damage.

1 Like
Do you want a field that eliminates radiation?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

But there are?

1-Radiation field on youtube
2-Elektrosmog album
3-Astaxanthin
4-Lightning in a bottle
5-Infrared Plasma Drink
6-Ganges Water

…

10 Likes

I have read it here:

1 Like

Dilution of nuclear particles is a common practice to reduce their potential harm.

It is not about the total amount of radioactive particles, but about the amount of radiation (measured in Sievert per year per kg) that a life form is potentially exposed to.

By diluting the radioactive water, any lifeform that comes in contact with this water will be exposed to less radioactive particles and thus be exposed to a smaller radiation dosis.

This is basic nuclear physics stuff that almost everybody learns in school :wink:

3 Likes

It’s standard practice with this type of contaminated water. The dangerous stuff will not be released.

I trust Japan way more than some other countries not to be named.

It’s planned before nuclear power plants get built, it’s common practice with this type of radiation. You most likely have “swimmed” in water like this many times before.

Charcoal power plant probably release more radiations that you will actually breathe.

6 Likes

This article, there’s a lot that’s been hidden.

First, the nuclear reactor core is still working, still needs a constant supply of seawater to cool down, and will produce a lot of nuclear wastewater now and in the future, really 30 years is enough?
Second, there is no mention in this article of the much more damaging carbon-14, iodine-129, whose half-lives you can search for, and others.
The article is cleverly written and avoids the important points.

And that’s what I’m worried about.

1 Like

Tokyo Electric Power Company, the company that runs the plant, has repeatedly made a habit of withholding data and reports.

1 Like

Ok

1 Like

I have also seen news reports about the distortion of seafood near Fukushima, Japan.
So, we still need to keep an eye on the problem and monitor the situation. :pray:

2 Likes

I haven’t checked any news about it, but I’m pretty confident that this isn’t done randomly at all, so I think the news loves to jump on anything that’s potentially divisive, hence this yeah:

1 Like

Maybe add this too

First, any fear or fight/flight will cease and they will begin to see the world with wonder and joy instead of negativity. They will feel closer to their fellow man, drawn to nature, and drawn to their own confidence, wholeness, and strength

2 Likes

Most importantly, for best version of Earth :earth_asia: :green_heart:

2 Likes

I’m sorry, but I seem to have confused the name and the concept. Fukushima, Japan, discharged nuclear contaminated water, not nuclear wastewater.

Normal nuclear power plant wastewater does not come into contact with the nuclear reactor core, so it is much safer than nuclear contaminated water.

Fukushima nuclear power plant because of the earthquake damage, nuclear reactor cores can only be directly flooded with seawater to cool. These seawater is in direct contact with radioactive substances, the extent of harm can be imagined. The current treatment of radioactive materials is very limited, and most of the radioactive materials in such nuclear-contaminated water cannot be removed.

That’s all I have to say about the facts. Judge for yourself.