Activities and practical things to do to make one smarter?

Idk thought this would be a cool thread as ive been trying level up my intelligence for 5 months now through varipus techniques like learning a new language, verbal fluency excercises and reading

what are some things you guys do or topics youd reccomend learning about? I’d love to do more things to help me become smarter as my job doesn*t require much brain power lol

6 Likes

3 Likes

Anything that you are remotely interested about

Watch videos about it, read about it, ask questions about it, etc.

It’s surprising to see how even the smallest things we learn can make a big difference in our lives.

For me… it’s health, diet, working out, philosophy (consciousness :stuck_out_tongue:), psychology, mental health, money, etc.

5 Likes

That’s a nice thread to collect ideas :bulb:

I would say anything that wires new brain connections:

Learning a new language
Learning an instrument
Dancing
Cooking
Singing
Chess
Using your left hand when you’re right handed
Books that explain specific world concepts
Maths
Programming
Painting
Meditation
Sudoku
Certain board games that require you to answer questions
Discuss, debate
Write

Essentially, do as my nephew does: always ask why. And then ask why again. And again. Think think think, deeper and deeper. (The other day he told me he thinks we can create a quantum level star collision to create a mini black hole, and when we enter it we can use it as a teleporter across time and space. I told him to become a rocket scientist.)

Specific techniques I’m not sure about but what helps is a clean lifestyle, a fun and creative attitude and a playful desire and curiosity. Plus a really good sense of humour;)

8 Likes

Just to add what nice2 know said, pick a field and really try understand it or learn a tiny bit of history and why they chose what they done, just general knowledge wouldn’t make u smarter but more wiser in life

3 Likes

https://brainscale.net/app/dual-n-back/training

4 Likes

Quitting all short form content online (twitter, YouTube shorts, reels, tiktok etc) has been #1 for me. No amount of meditation or learning new skills even came close to what quitting these harmful online habits has done for my brain.

I would generally suggest spending as little time online as possible, I’ve only had benefits from it in terms of focus, ability to form deep thoughts, worldview, mood and social interactions. Again, for me no amount of meditating, learning languages, learning instruments and reading ever came close to reducing online time in terms of benefits. For a while I thought I had ADHD and autism, but guess what - it was just YouTube shorts frying my ability to focus and form deeper thoughts, and lack of real world social interactions.

8 Likes

videogames that require logical articulations for performance.

i play WoW classic and you need to know a lot about timing, raid bosses, gear, stats, abilities and all that stuff combined to produce top performance on each context.

that’s exercising your mind a lot.

2 Likes