Alternative Payment Methods - What has worked for you? 💲

Hmm…

OK. I’ll finish opening my Revolut account and see if I can buy one field, for now…

Thank You for Answering.

You are welcome.

1 Like

F*** You, Revolut!

Good thing thst I did not added my complete address…

1 Like

I won’t use their services.
They lost a customer.

You have to provide such info eventually, it’s childish acting right now. And once again I have really strong discontent about all that recommendations to not pay VAT.

1 Like

No, I won’t…

I’ll just drop or delete my account. F em.

Why do they need my photo?
It’s not absolutely necessary…

This isn’t going to get you far in general, maybe on GumRoad for Sapien Medicine, but not everywhere.

It’s called biometric, they might have to verify your ID by the law. And yes fraud with cards is crazily widespread.

I find it to be way too personal…
Id or my photo, I don’t want that for buying stuff.

1 Like

You will get asked about it in real bank, government agency, etc. sooner or later. It’s due to how regulations are designed.

I know, but I just refuse.
I rather use other methods or just not buy from Gumroad.

There are many other possibilities.
Captain has Patreon shop, for example.

1 Like

And you need a card to buy on Patreon. Maybe it will not get blocked, that’s childish and unreasonable.

Also, no, no one will oblige me…

I just quit the account creation process.

I have a card and PayPal. I have used them before.

No problem.

It’s Fine that way and no one asks for ID…

1 Like

Eventually you simply will have only digital money, that’s not a sound acting. And PayPal eventually will very likely ask you for an ID.

Not necessarily…

We will see about that.

That’s governmental abuse.
I mean, dropping cash and making it all online…
All digital.

I’m sure Europe and especially the world will not just agree to Any rules some rich f… Set for us.

You don’t know what’s like. Strongly disagree. And these rules are set by Europe.

That’s another thing.
I meant I won’t just give my ID to any company…
Nor my real address.

This isn’t any company but a bank, they have different scrutiny and rules. It’s highly unlikely that you’re going to always get to a bank without eventually being asked this data.

1 Like