Anxious thoughts

What do you guys do if you are feeling anxious about something … about future… maybe near future … some event. I am not asking essentially for field suggestions but just generally how do you make yourself positive and peaceful when you are having anxious thoughts

2 Likes

I was a worrywart, that’s something I inherited from my constantly nagging mother. My mind would imagine all possible terrible scenarios that might happen in the future and drill over them again and again.

Over time, I realized this tendency of mine, and I set for myself a rule of not getting worried about something that has not happened in real life yet. Whenever I have a negative thought about the future, I would catch it, and remind myself (or my ego) that it has not happened yet and that it would be a waste of emotion and energy to worry about an imaginary problem. And the fact is very few of my imaginations have ever come true.

At some points later in my life, when everything was a bit chaotic and many got out of control, it was hard to control my anxiety and fears. After a while, I just got fed up with feeling anxious all the time. Maybe because I had been depressed and suicidal for around 20 years of my life, and I did not want to live like that any longer. So I started a shopping spree on fields and did whatever I wanted. And after using the Ascensionnaut, I realized that I don’t need many things to be happy in life, and many of my anxiety and disappointments root in my desires and attachment to too many unnecessary things in life. Many desires are just FOMO or social fears or the manifestation of a lack of self-love. After releasing these desires, life is simpler and lighter. There are still a lot of ups and downs, but that’s my final goal in the future.

3 Likes

In the short-term:
Loop Amygdala Healing, Stress Reduction, Outlook Retrainer, Positive Power Waves and Oxytocin.
But not too much, because these are physical fields.
Also loop Angelic Intercession.

In the long-term:
Raise your vibration.
Acquire knowledge and wisdom about the afterlife.
Do astral projections to experience that your are not your body.
Learn to trust the plan, the support and the guidance of your Higher Self.

5 Likes

Maybe you can start by examining whether your habit of worry has actually benefitted you. You might discover that a brief, minor discomfort from worry might have been helpful to you, alerting you to a danger so that you could make adjustments to your plans and that intense, long-lasting discomfort from prolonged worry debilitated you more than it helped you. Or you might have discovered that your habit of worry has been all beneficial for you and that it isn’t the problem you may think it is. Who knows?

If I was in the throes of pointed anxiety, I wouldn’t set “positive and peaceful” as my immediate goal. That’s like driving 200 kph in that ( → ) direction and then suddenly attempting to instantly drive 200 kph in this ( ← ) direction. Trying to do that in an actual car is hard on the car and the contents of the car (including the driver).

Experienced drivers understand that if they want to comfortably and easily make such a safe change in directions, they first slow the car down and then change direction. When they are safely and stably going in the new desired direction, then they can accelerate to the speed they want.

And it’s the same thing here. You’re not likely to instantly go from the throes of practiced anxiety or worry, instantly to “positive and peaceful.” BUT you can slow your momentum down. You can start to withdraw your attention from that event or from the consequences of that event and focus instead on ANYTHING else that feels better.

We all have topics that are easy for us to feel good about. Some of mine are fluffy bunnies, frisky babies and adorable puppies. Other topics might be putting your feet in a warm bath or snuggling under the soft covers of your bed. Bubbles. Rainbows. Bubbles. Anything that is easy for you to feel good about. Pick one (and you DO have such topics for yourself) and focus on that.

Now, at first, when you’re unpracticed at this, that focus might be a little difficult. That’s understandable. Sit down with the intention that you will focus your one thing for 15 minutes. Set a time and commit to that. During that time, ask yourself about all the reasons why you like your one thing. Maybe it’s the soft fluffy fur. What do you like about that soft fluffy fur? Is it the smell? The touch? How have you touched that fur before? Did it feel better when you touched it with the palm of your hand? Or the back of your hand? Or maybe you like that fluffiness against your smooth cheek? Can you remember times when it was better than other times? What made it better? Maybe it wasn’t just the fluffiness of the fur but you could also feel the gentle, rhythmic breathing of the bunny under that soft fur? Maybe you allowed yourself to experience all of that–the fluffy fur and the gentle, rhythmic breathing and the steadiness of that bunny–all together. And maybe, as your stroking hand sunk into that soft, fluffy fur, you noticed those big, calm, loving eyes–so big and open. And as you stared into those big, open, calm, loving eyes, maybe you felt like you were sinking into them and it felt to you like you were sinking into the most calm, delicious, warm, still pool–a pool of love–so big and open, where you were free to swim and breathe your gentle, rthythmic breathing. Maybe you allowed yourself to experience and to sink into that experience and really enjoy that experience just for the pleasure–your pleasure–of that experience. And maybe as you experienced all of that together, as you sunk into more and more of that experience and you became more aware of all the wonderful qualities of that experience, you also found yourself becoming more and more aware of your body and how your body was softening and relaxing, relaxing into that same gentle, steady rhythmic breathing of that fluffy bunny, so still and so steady. And so on.

Now, I don’t know what your one thing will be or how it will delight and pleasure you, but whatever it is, you can recall and explore and enjoy in much of the same way that we were recalling and exploring and enjoying my bunny.

Usually, at this juncture, someone will say to me, “Yeah, but WB, that’s just pretend. There’s no bunny there. I’m just making stuff up.” And they’re right. You want to be making it up and you want to be making it up to such an extent that you actually recall and feel and enjoy the many aspects of that one experience. (The “one” part is key so that you give yourself time to really feel it as best you can.)

Because here’s the thing: the stuff that you’re worried about, that future stuff, that’s pretend, too. That hasn’t happened yet. That’s all stuff that you’re making up, too.

And I get it. Of course, you have “reasons” for making that stuff up. I understand. But if you’re going to play pretend, then don’t you want to play pretend in ways that bring you ease and openness (through which you might allow your solutions–but wait until your timer goes off) rather than ball you up in fear, worry and doubt?

2 Likes

Watching movies. Distracting myself if I feel anxious. Eating sweets or tapping head

4 Likes

You know that all of these are cope and not actual solutions? :neutral_face:

3 Likes

That’s what she does, she’s just upfront about it lol

5 Likes

Thanks duongtho88, JAAJ, WellBeing and Imogen for your very valued suggestions.

… and @WellBeing…. wow you have beautifully walked me through a whole meditation… when I was reading about the fluffy fur I could actually feel it … thank you so much… infact and although the fluffy fur is not my one thing and yet I can re-read through your message and maybe it calms me down because it’s so detailed. :pray:t2:

@JAAJ … thank you and you are right about afterlife thing as whoever I start to think in these terms sone of my fears go away.

@duongtho88 … tired of feeling anxious ! I know what you mean … and it works too. Thank you

@anon25711007 … thank you

2 Likes

That’s great. That means, when you will do it with your one thing, you will feel it more specially for you!

1 Like

Whats your diet like?

I am a vegetarian and eat pretty healthy… less oily less sugar … veggies, fruits, lentils
I am low on exercise though these days

Movement movement movement my dear
Sing, dance, jump up and down, 10 pushups, 15 pushups.
Still too many thoughts swarming all over? Then
Clap your hands- touch your skin ; feel the essence of your 5 sense- touch the ice cube and with your tounge make click clack sounds
Now back to it
Back to those pushups

“No i cant. My heart rate is already so high from my anxiety im too far in my bout”

Ok, no worries; lets do anulom vilom (prynama variation)

Sit down- on the ground.
No socks please
Sit in padmasana; criss cross apple sauce; there are variations in padmasana; either 3 are fine

Make sure your spine is errect
Keep the left hand, on top of your lap (which is still in padmasana) in yoga mudra pose.

The right hand, is going to do the following:

Place your thumb on your right nose. Take a deep breath in through the nostril.

Whilst the thumb still holding down on the right nostril, take the index finger and place it on the left.
Hold.

Release the breath via the right nostril; this means your thumb now should be off your right nostril but your index finger thats been firmly placed on the left nostril should still be holding it down.
Now breathe IN from that same right nostril,
Hold with that thumb and index finger so both nostril are closed
And release, exhale from the left nostril; the index finger is released but the right nostril has back on it the right thumb.

And Repeat the process ^ total of 16 times

Quick summary:
Left, breathe in
hold
right, breathe out
Right, breathe in
Hold
Left, breathe out
And repeat

Again, 16 times
Slowly. No competition;

(I soent few years under the training of an ustadini who hailed from an ashram in india for yoga)

I have two other prynamas we used to do which I will make sure to add later; later because kinda hard to type out rather than just demonstrate lol

Next:
Gong
Or bell (like the type from temples but a mini version)
You place the bell right over your head; let it ring
Move the bell in a circular motion above your head; then i start moving it around my body as if I were placing agrabathi all over me :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

also try this

2 Likes

And surya namaskar
Literally thats all you need

I used to practice 50 a day. But 100 if I was good.

Anyways it really helped
(But doing 7, 11 -or was it 12? Idk I forgot- or 21 a day is more than enough)
(But 50 to 100 is something so profound, I kid you not; your mind and body will become more disciplined; not only that, but they’ll better work, listen, & understand you)

But do not practice that if:
You have had a laminectomy/cranioectomy, have spine issues, CSF issues, or issues on issues (medical)

1 Like