Anyone here practice qigong?

what benefits have u seen from this practice?

4 Likes

calmness, more vitality, balanced left and right brain, better digestion, better concentration and focus.
Right. And I forgot the main reason I do it. Less stress.

I am doing it lightly. Like 15-20 mins a day, specific set of practices I found work best on me / my body needs.

4 Likes

Are you taking a formal class, or other?

2 Likes

I did classes in the past. I just now do by myself a basic routine which I find works for me.

I found the actual classes very beneficial though. You learn things about your body and energy pathways. I believe it helps with your energy sensitivity as well.

5 Likes

I practice Qigong starting this year, tried some forms before sticking with current one that I feel is very effective. Actually I keep telling my forum friends about this in PMs.

Benefits:

• Fixed my posture (took ~2 weeks), I feel like I have a new neck now, never had injuries on my neck but decades of bad posture had its tolls. During one session I feel blockage removed from my neck then energy flowing into my head and my speech actually improved ! (in terms of second language, not native language)

• Almost always calm, not bliss, just feeling calm

• Increased energy sensitivity, felt this more than Sapien Course imo. Lots of blockage removed.

• Increased strength, not much but noticable, especially my arms. There is definitely no increase of muscle mass during this period, more like how force is being used.

Like @morph said I also practive 15~20 min a session, once or twice a day, not time consuming.

9 Likes

Is there any Qigong style that you follow or any teacher on YouTube?

1 Like

If you still use them/remember them, and they are available freely in a video demonstration, could you please share the forms you used for fixing your posture?

1 Like

please could u send a link?! sounds asesome

1 Like

Sure, all the links are public info, it is not like I pirated anything. I just spent lots of effort to find them

18 Lohan Hands (supposely invented by Bodhidharma the first patriarch of Shaolin/Zen Buddhism etc.)

Demonstration of each movement:

https://shaolin.org/video-clips-15/eighteen-lohan-hands/overview.html

Full video demonstrtion of form

Doing just the form is not the most effective, the 15~18min version is the most effective. Here is a demo:

Basically breaking down into:

2 min relaxing body part by part then heart meditation
2 min movement #1
2 min movement #2
2 min movement #3
2 min spontaneous qigong
2 min standing meditation
2 min finishing set like massaging face etc.

Or use this link for a free demonstration, if you buy his book like 10usd there are some videos with detailed explanation on how to do what I just described, but really it is not complex at all [Free] Learn the Best Qigong Exercise EVER

8 Likes

thank you!!

1 Like

so do u just practice that video forever or do u switch between routines ?

1 Like

of course not I would get bored haha

I just cycle through every day like do morning move #1 ~ #3, night #4 ~ #6, tomorrow morning #7 ~ #9 until #16 ~ 18 then back to ~#1 ~ #3, or depend on my feeling when it is time to do qigong. I also do Sinew Metamorphosis (Yi Jin Jing, yes this one has been made into a field, and real thing always better than fielded ver)

2 Likes

I have anemia and feel tired most of the time, I can’t even meditate properly as I will just fall asleep within minute.

I have been practicing TaiJi QiGong since January everyday, 20 minutes per session, I no longer feel tired and have been pretty energetic the whole day, also better energy sensitivity. Sometimes I even do 2-3 sessions per day as it feels so good! My IBS symptoms are getting better as well.

Besides that, I also practice the basic skills of Tai Ji Quan + DanTian Breathing to strengthen my body.

8 Likes

Awesome, I am so happy for you! :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

this is excellent. thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Thank you :blush: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

My two cents :
Qigong connects us to our innate rhythm. I started practicing it since last year on and off.
Only simple movements with awareness can literally bring lot of difference to our energy system.

I have done yoga and Surya namaskara since childhood which worked well for me on all levels.

But when I tried Qigong it has completely given a different view how energy works ! It gave me instant results too. Even thoughts shift and makes you calmer. I love the way it is so gentle and can be customized to our needs when we learn basics.

Sometimes, even simple Qigong exercise also causes over-heat in my body, when I overlook my body needs and just go with some random exercises. So, it’s very important to listen to our body needs.

Some Qigong + tai chi practices are deep into spirituality and can be dangerous if we don’t know what we are doing. I never practiced those though.

If you are interested, there are many videos on YouTube but go with intuition :sparkling_heart: All the best.

May be it’s also a reminder for me to get back to Qigong practices :relaxed:

6 Likes

Hi @Rosechalice , love your collection of images! They look so serene :pleading_face::sparkling_heart:🫶 Is there a page where I can get to see them all together :relieved:

4 Likes

ah, no
they are everywhere lol

4 Likes

just did my first practice after a couple years

i feel a lot more peaceful, I kinda had a mental break down last night and was just really stressed but did a 15 minute routine and im feeling calmer

energy system has defenitley expanded and I can feel chi circulating around my body and I feel grounded wow

6 Likes