Armor of the Berserker (Private Project)

INTERESTING Info

In the Middle Ages, Europe’s worst nightmare was the Vikings. This was the name given to the Scandinavian warriors who chose the sea for their raids. But there were warriors among the northern barbarians before whom the Vikings themselves experienced mystical awe. They were well aware that to be caught in the hot hand of a fellow-berserker was like death, and therefore always tried to stay away from these brothers in arms. The ancient Scandinavian sagas tell us stories of invincible warriors (“supersoldiers”) with superhuman abilities who would charge into enemy lines and smash everything in their path. Modern scientists have no doubt in their reality, but much of the history of berserkers to this day remains an unsolved mystery.

Berserks (or berserkers) were Vikings, from an early age dedicated to the service of Óðinn - the highest Nordic deity, ruler of Valhalla, where after death the souls of warriors who had heroically fallen on the battlefield and deserved the favour of Heaven were sent for an eternal feast. Before the battle berserks put themselves into a special kind of battle trance, thanks to which they were characterized by great strength, endurance, quick reaction, insensitivity to pain, and increased aggressiveness. The berserkers who mastered this state of consciousness became truly phenomenal warriors.

Berserkers were the privileged, elite part of the warrior class, a kind of “special forces” of the Vikings. They always opened the battle by conducting a showy, victorious duel in full view of the whole army. A few berserkers made their enemies tremble just by looking at them. As they stormed cities as a combat vanguard, they left only mountains of defeated enemies behind them. Behind the berserkers came well-armed, armor-protected infantry, putting the finishing touches on any battle.

Bringing themselves to the state of trance was not done without taking certain psychotropic drugs (tincture of fly agarics), which allowed berserkers as if “turn” into a powerful and invincible beast. Werewolfing is known among many peoples, when as a result of certain rituals or taking special drugs a person acquired superpowers. Victory over the totem animal, considered the ancestor and patron of the tribe, meant the transfer of the most valuable animal qualities to the warrior. Of course, the animal masquerade was by no means a know-how of the Normans. Berserks who roared and donned bear skins were actually becoming bears. Also, in combat, they were guided not so much by consciousness as by subconsciousness, which allowed them to “turn on” qualities that were unusual in everyday life - heightened reaction, enhanced peripheral vision, insensitivity to pain, and extrasensory abilities. Berserkers were shielded from throwing and striking weapons by a peculiar “wisdom of madness”, and they saw and anticipated any blow, managing to repel it or bounce off the line of attack.

A berserker is a mechanism blasted with ferocious passion, adrenaline, testosterone, ideational attitude, breathing techniques, sonic vibrations, and a mechanical program of action. He is not fighting for something, but only to win. The berserker does not have to prove that he will survive at all. He is obliged to recoup his life many times over. Not only does the berserker go to die, he goes to take violent pleasure in the process. By the way, that’s why he stays alive.

Of course, this NFT will not make a bloodthirsty killer warrior out of you. The design is based on the famous Berserk Armor, which will develop special psycho-physiological qualities in the owner, will teach the art of entering certain states of consciousness (combat trance), sharpen all senses and allow the latent possibilities of the human body to manifest, bypassing the limitations of the physical body. Increase of resource strength, manifestation of certain abilities, strengthening of bones, restoration and regeneration. No additional genetic modifications or serums are required - the transformation process is natural and effortless when interacting with this NFT! Also, the Armor is an elite, high-strength energy shield that deflects any negativity, curses, and redirects the blow to detractors.

Additional details of the project are hidden for certain reasons

Some details about Berserker Armor can be found on free resources (of course, the negative aspects are nullified)

The BERSERK Encyclopedia

Story

At an unknown point in time, the Berserker Armor was forged by the dwarf blacksmith Hanarr, who imbued it with an ominous od purposed for rousing its wearer’s negative emotions, namely rage and violence. The armor was eventually donned by the man who became the Skull Knight, used by him to combat demonkind. Eventually, he entrusted the dangerous artifact to his friend, the witch Flora. In her care, it remained locked away.

It is later entrusted to Guts after Flora’s spirit tree mansion is invaded by apostles of Griffith’s reborn Band of the Falcon. In spite of Grunbeld’s immense strength, even after his fire dragon transformation, Guts easily withstands his attacks after donning the Berserker Armor and overwhelms the apostle in their clash.

Abilities

The primary function of the Berserker Armor, by way of its Od, is to suppress the physiological and subconscious systems of the human body which would normally prevent a person from exerting enough force to injure themselves. The result is a significant augmentation of the wearer’s physicality, increasing strength and speed to previously unimaginable levels. The armor does this by eliminating the distress caused by pain; the wearer can still feel pain as a sensation, but the mind does not interpret the pain as being a problem, allowing for it to simply be ignored. It also invokes a tremendous bloodlust in the wearer, amplifying negative emotions like hate, fear, and anger that enable the wearer to fight harder. The armor also temporarily repairs debilitating injuries in the heat of battle. For instance, a broken arm will be pieced together by the armor injecting thin spines from itself into the broken bones, returning them to their proper places and restoring the limb’s functionality. The armor can also repair itself if damaged.

Upon inducing a berserker rage, the armor’s helm takes on a distinct appearance. In Guts’ case, the helmet and bevor are shaped like the Beast of Darkness; able to function as a mouth capable of biting enemies. When the armor is active, the helm’s eye sockets glow red and Guts’ face is completely obstructed; if in control of himself, however, the swordsman’s face is partially visible and the helm’s eye sockets stop emitting their red glow, instead showing his real eye.

In one instance, the Berserker Armor has displayed the ability to impart unto its current wearer a “blood memory” seeped into it of a previous wearer’s final moments.

Drawbacks

The armor’s power comes with significant drawbacks, the most important of which is associated with the od that gives the armor its power. If the wearer does not actively check their negative emotions, the od can consume the wearer’s psyche, turning them into a feral, bloodthirsty monster that can no longer differentiate between friend and foe. If this state is entered repeatedly, the wearer’s senses will begin to deteriorate until they are lost completely. Specifically, vision and taste are noted to be affected, along with the wearer potentially developing a hand tremor. It can also cause chronic mental deterioration, providing a hotbed for its wearer’s inner darkness to fester. In Guts’ case, the only currently reliable way to keep him stable while using the armor to its full effect is to reinforce his mind and spirit with a powerful magical presence, such as that exuded by Schierke’s astral body or the Moonlight Boy’s presence.

The armor’s ability to suppress pain allows the wearer to harm themselves through overexertion. In the same vein, the armor’s reinforcement of broken bones or other debilitating injuries can lead to death through blood loss.

Properties

• Imbued with an ominous od

• Suppresses its wearer’s pain and fear, allowing them to bypass the limitations of their body

• Forcibly reinforces broken bones and other severe injuries

• Berserkers possess preternatural strength, endurance and agility in battle

Notes

In Old Norse legends and lore, berserkers were described as warriors who fought in a trance-like fury.

45 Likes

inspirational

10 Likes

Damn the Artwork looks sick!!!

12 Likes

Indeed, congrats to the group.

sssss

8 Likes

Congratulations @Will-o-the-wisp and group :sunglasses:

11 Likes

Woof. That artwork is amazing :star_struck:

Congrats to the group. Looks awesome

10 Likes

@Benny

9 Likes

As a fan of the manga, great job to @Will-o-the-wisp and company!

This one looks epic.

9 Likes

:drooling_face: :drooling_face: :drooling_face:

6 Likes

After some time having this nft i can tell this is all and some much more that I had anticipated… the presence of the armor is physically felt for me, every time I call upon it my body reacts energetically, I also feel kind of its heaviness, in a pleasant way, a way of protection. (The protection part is huge)

My physical strength is so much more now, I lift heavy weights with ease and I notice that I find physical heavy tasks more pleasant.

Interestingly I have the sensation that my energy sensitivity had increased as well as my body sensitivity, my body is more alive and reacts more.
The fear reduction function works so strong as well, it makes my presence and mind grounded, no fear or even doubt… The way I look at life is different, the challenges of life don’t seem so overwhelming or difficult, also people seem to make my will encounter less resistance from their part. (I had observed this with other nfts too, namely General of the Legends, but I feel this keeps adding and adding in different nuances too)

Tbh, i remember some time ago me imagining how my days with this kind of tools (with these powers) would be like. And here I am… :crossed_swords:

23 Likes

Dm me brother @Will-o-the-wisp

2 Likes