Astrology Affecting Genes?

In a conversation with @anon36920264 and other friends (gonna ask them if they want to be tagged), I found out about something interesting, that supposedly Astrology effects genes as well.

Personally I can not understand how is that possible, but maybe is there truth to such theories?

What do you say?
Thank you.

I guess that what you inherit from your ancestors is the genotype, while astrological influences can have an effect on the actually expressed phenotype.

1 Like

Thanks.

It must be possible, can’t say to what extent. Just like electricity and plasma affect our bodies, planets which are electromagnetic, with their electromagnetic rays affect our bodies. There is one ancient text from India which exclusively talks about electromagnetism of Sun alone which runs into several thousand verses.

1 Like

I am learning new things almost daily around here.
Thanks.

:+1:

1 Like

That’s not how astrology works at all in my opinion and this ancient text makes no sense in terms of modern astroscience.
The planets are too far away from each other for their electromagnetism to have any effect onto anything.
The only electromagnetic waves that planets emit are infrared.

1 Like

A research I didn’t do much on and was quoted in a book talks about how a russky scientist correlated storms in the Sun to the revolutions and major changes on the planet, this is how I think ancient would have recorded and how astrology was born.

To me astronomy must have been been given lesser importance and it was developed to understand more about astrology and planets because kingdoms and their safety was more important than anything else.

In Sanskrit the word for planet is graha, everyone must know already which means that which seizes, in my opinion it happens through electromagnetism and nothing else.

Agree too far, so the electromagnetism must be weak, but isn’t gravity the weakest force in physics? But it keeps everything going on in order in the cosmos. So, weak need not mean it doesn’t have any influence probably it has more than we can handle.

1 Like

Yes, this is an astroscience fact. Because it is the sun and it emits all types of stuff.
But planets are a different thing. They only emit infrared (warmth) and reflect what they receive from the sun and other energy sources.

Yes it is. However it is a self-sustainable gravitational field.
Everything that has mass has also the gravitational field.
There is no energy required to sustain the gravitational field.

But for an object to emit electromagnetic waves, this object must somehow sacrifice energy (or reflect energy that it received from somewhere else).

About astrology:
In some other esoteric non-scientific text that I’ve read one shall not take it literally as “a physical influence of the planets”, but rather that everything in the universe follows certain patterns and certain probabilities on earth correlate with certain locations of planets in space-time, and vice versa.
It is an invisible correlation of patterns, probabilities and potentials.
But not a direct physical influence of planets (except for the sun and the moon, those have many physical effects on life on earth).

PS:
Let’s see what the astrology experts will say, I am curious to know myself about their understanding.

1 Like

I forgot what I read in school, then probably Sun must be giving some of its energy to each planet and Saturn and Jupiter must have their own energy sources because they are outer planets very far from Sun, both gaseous but have the largest number of moons surrounding each of them, and one of the Saturn’s moon has been the object of fascination for movies and conspiracy theories.

On this how astrology works, it is a different discussion, once you see the evidence of astrology and planets working, it is better to know how to make use of it. All planets must be something like watchgods and care takers of any civilization on the planet, including the bygones, that is why all civilizations have astrology as a very key common thing.

1 Like

I would think that the position of the Earth relative to the sun and the moon are very important. The moon triggers waves and tidal forces, so I’m pretty sure it affects the fluids in our body and in the DNA molecule. The amount of the Sun’s energy that lands on us varies by the time of day. As for the the influence of other astronomical bodies, I’m sure there is a connection that operates along similar principles, but the physical effect would be less obvious.

However, if you were to view the various bodies in the solar system as conscious and connected (you could think of it as an impersonal information net manifestations such as light, position, gravity are conveyed to entangled information nodes), it’s pretty easy to imagine that there could be effects that are not correlated mass/distance on a 1:1 basis.

3 Likes