Being Spiritual for the WRONG Reasons

denzel-washington-boom

@SoulStar33 There is a verse in some yogic text which says using siddhis is like doing make up and putting nice clothes for a dead body (verse not applicable to necrophilics). In any kind of spiritual practice you will end up eventually with some sort of siddhis, but they are just temptations they are there for your downfall. It may feel great to be surrounded by lots of beautiful women who are ready to do anything at your command but once your siddhis are lost, you will reach a place from which you will have to undergo god knows how many incarnations to rise up again and get onto some sort of spiritual practice.

Besides siddhis are like fuel for ascension, the more you have them and you don’t use them the faster you would have ascension. If you use you them you will have to start all over again. These are guarded by laws as I see it, only a higher being can save you in case you are so thoroughly lost after you have abused siddhis for power and lust.

There is nothing wrong, no judgement from higher beings or the universe but the laws will work whether you like or not.

2 Likes

Don’t worry mate.
All roads lead to Rome.
Eventually.
Some path are longer, some are shorter.

My experience has been so far:

Many of the materialistic egoistical desires are things that the Higher Self wanted to experience in the first place in order to collect those experiences.

The Higher Self will often “trick” its incarnational selves into hidden spiritual development by using the incarnational selves’ ego, limbic system, genetic programs, materialistic desires etc. as a motivator and incentive.
So while you think that you are pursuing a purely materialistic goal, your Higher Self has already laid out a secret long term plan in the background that will lead you to a lot of spiritual growth along the way and you will only become aware of it afterwards when the path is almost completed.

The Conceptual Realizations field helps to recognize these earlier than initially expected and allows for better alignment with your current goals with the Higher Self’s goals, as well as can give you a bargaining power with your own Higher Self about what shall happen next.
You can only bargain with your Higher Self, which is basically with yourself, once you realize the FULL plan.

And finally, those desires, spiritual and egoistic materialistic do not necessarily exclude each other. You can strive for BOTH at the same time with a healthy balance and alignment of them to each other. Being spiritual for soul growth and just being materialistic for the fun of it.

10 Likes

I agree.

3 Likes

Well, I don’t know, if a bear finds honey, should he not eat it?
Still, there may be a catch - Free Will, perhaps?
If a woman is attracted to me, without me doing any special mojo, then I don’t see a problem in that, win-win situation?
Idk… Yet, again, IF I abuse Spiritual Powers (First I have to get them, I don’t currently have them, except for an ocassional preminitory dream, from time to time, but that is not in my control), Then Yeah, I find it Fair to lose them, at least I agree on that…
Also, I feel like reaching Enlightenment is kind of forced, it almost feels unnatural (while seeking pleasure is perfectly in my nature), but it may be because I’m not close or used to that level…

I like all your points, I find them valid, especially the last one :grinning: - well, being materialistic and fulfilling my dreams, while also pursuing something for the soul/spiritual? It’s Game ON, then.
Again, the only problem that I have with spirituality is that it does not feel that easy, it takes effort, while breathing or drinking doesn’t take any special effort, but again, this might be perfectly fine, after all, we are (also) material beings with more urgent, material needs (?)…
I feel like these desires, materialistic and the others, sometimes clash…

There is, still, another question, how about my hate (first, it’s much more smaller then 10 years ago, yet I still can’t love someone who hates me - again, it feels natural to have dark thoughts, unfortunately…), my darkness, my “imperfections”?
Some of them, I don’t want them, yet they exist somewhere, on a certain level - OR some of them are not mine, but just accumulated “dirt” (?)

Edit: speaking of hate, you know what I also hate? When I have a question or a point or something to add and I forget it…
Perhaps hate is a strong word, I’m not that hateful, at least not all the time. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

ANOTHER Edit: well, I see that point of no return works, I definitely feel more joy and I feel better overall, yet (for now), it’s not possible to feel joy All the time - or is it?
There is still darkness (I like this word, darkness, lol, sounds cheesy, yet ominous) within me, perhaps I’ll always have it?
At least until I reach enlightenment (good joke? - no? Ok).

Jesus, another edit: just to clarify a previous statement, Power is much more appealing to me than sex, so if I want power is for All the good and opportunities it brings. Plus it feels Awesome, to feel powerful, to have power (now I really sound cheesy).

Also, Some people may find me gross and rude And that’s OK.
Also, I didn’t make this thread to say good things about me, but the truth, unfiltered truth…
I am not a Saint, BUT I still feel/have gratitude, love, joy, etc., I also have these, and ocassionally I may even do some good deeds, it’s not like I’m purely materialistic in my approach, it’s just that I do what I do BECAUSE I like it, Not because it’s necessarily good.

And I hope no more edits for this reply: one of my earlier posts was titled “are we ai” (something like that) - what I wanted to say/convey back then (but idk If I said it) is that we may not be so different from A.I., we have our own programs (instincts, likes, dislikes, wants, needs, ambitions, etc.), so it feels that I like something because I am programmed that way and that’s not true fulfilment nor true freedom, so perhaps enlightenment is not such a bad idea, if it’s the ultimate freedom…
It may be above these petty wants, ambitions or pleasures.

Also, this doesn’t sound bad at all.
Forget enlightenment, I Want this (or is this it?).

First you have to get one thing decided is which type of universe and belief system you are subscribing to? In Hinduism there is nothing like higher self (HS) but only soul, takes birth with a human body to pay its karma and finally gets liberated from being born again. There are many ways to do, in this context sticking to Yoga and spiritual practice the soul with a human body can and will end up with lots of siddhis but as mentioned they come at a price.

In Hinduism universes undergoes cycles of creation and dissolution infinitely. Even in Buddhism, an offshoot of Hinduism and especially Tibetan Buddhism there are so many entities and beings which will aid you in your spiritual growth or pull you down by giving you siddhis.

HS is a new age term and different channeled authors though say different things but most of them do agree to one thing that this universe is continuously expanding and everything is a learning experience there is no punishment etc. The closest thing to a HS in Hinduism or even Shamanism is your ancestors who act as guides.

In this framework of universe and belief system as you ascend you will get siddhis which will help you in manfiesting anything you want but the only caveat is you can’t do anything which your HS doesn’t allow. No matter how great you become spiritually ego is powerless infront of HS. Once your HS decides your script is all played out, it will assimilate all the life experiences and then you as an individual will no longer exist.

My first post was all in the context of yoga but in the framework of new age universe, you can have your cake and eat it too but as you ascend higher and higher your basal drives go away and you will work as per the direction of your HS, and this you can see here in the forum played out well.

1 Like

@Kalacakra Well, right now (and probably for the foreseable future) I’m not subscribing to any relious view, since my first guide is experience itself, yet I appeal to anyone who wants to help, from Jesus, Angels and Saints to Shiva, Kali or Buddha; If I like an idea, a model, a ritual, I’ll borrow it lol, so no such thing as hard beliefs from me (the Gods can’t count on me for such things :pray:), for me, it’s all about me and those that are close to me and the world in which I’m living, since, well, it affects me and I want this Universe and Earth to be filled with goodness for everyone, since I know or rather I have a soft belief in all of us being united, since the Universe is united and I am a part of It (again, I don’t know how many realms there are, how many universes - perhaps an unlimited amount), plus everything has a soul, everything has something beyond the material, physical, so, I know that everything is connected, especially on a subtle/energetic level; again, what happens once I reach Enlightenment (who knows when…), I have no idea, I’ll see it then, but I don’t believe that I’ll cease to exist, just being absorbed by the Absolute, that belief would not be ok for my mind/wellbeing…

As a conclusion: I have soft beliefs, I believe and do/practice whatever helps me and YES, It is all about me, that I already admited both to myself and on this forum (yet, I have an interest in this world, since I live in it…).

Edit: I also don’t want (more/to add) “bad karma”, since that would mean more struggle, more suffering and less good stuff for me.

:thinking:

I just don’t relate to the categories that are being used…

I never had a sense of “fitting in” anywhere—and this goes back to the Kindergarten and Preschool years. I never had a sense of rapport with the world as it was. So I spent many years being in my own head trying to figure things out since nothing else in the world felt right or made sense.

There was always a draw to religious things, even when I was too young or ignorant to understand them. But that also never felt quite right since most people in religions seemed as ignorant as people in the “everyday” world.

I picked up Yoga/meditation because I’ve always had a scientific bent to my own thought processes. But, seeing how corrupt religions and new age things seemed to be, I kept to myself and just stuck with things that seemed to get me one step beyond different things that perplexed or limited me.

I don’t have a full sense of what spirituality might be or encompass. But I do know core elements of what can move me forward, and I understand the general trajectory and the sorts of things that emerge. I can’t say that siddhis or psychic abilities are problematic, though. They happen and they tend to be active all the time once you get them. —And, to me, they seem more natural and normal than the limited bandwidth most people live within.

So I don’t really relate to the categories. And I don’t care much for “worldly” things since they all seem to show up in that same limited bandwidth of awareness that has always felt so alien to me.

4 Likes

Before joining here I meditated sometimes, sometimes I prayed too but I wasn’t an expert and didnt have a lot knowledge about spirituality.
After joinning here my interested increased, I signed up for the energy course (I didn’t finish it completely, read all chapters and did some practices) and bought some books related light workers, spirituality and psychic abilities and such stuff and of course a lot fields.
I think I have increase my spirituality but I will never achieve a complete spirituality or reach that enlightment maximum level and I’m ok with that.
It’s better to be realistic and rational and accept facts.
It’s difficult to be completely spiritual in a western society and you need full dedication and a follow a lot practices and principes I think even though fields can shorten that a lot.
But reach an intermediate point regarding spirituality is not bad, better that than nothing.

2 Likes

I dont think you’re a fool. I think that’s admirable that you have the courage to admit to yourself what’s really going on; when you confront yourself in the eyes and hearts of others, you won’t need to run anymore; you won’t feel alone. So yay :)

A suggestion maybe:
Ask yourself perhaps
“Why is it that I want power.” Because
you’re going to eventually go and so will those “powers”, make no mistake; death is the great equalizer. You don’t even exist- so why prolong the inevitable or waste time in something that really holds no importance, no relevance.

And maybe ask yourself these rhetorical questions:
Wouldn’t you like to unravel the mystery that keeps you separate from yourself, the mystery that puts a veil between you and It
The It that even grants powers.
The It that brought you to existence and the breaker of bonds and attachment, the maker of this cosmic play, the Light that brings solace?

Sit with those questions and play ego dissolution perhaps.

…Imma keep saying perhaps, maybe, and idk btw cause I’m not tryna get anyone of y’all upset lol

1 Like

These are some great suggestions; still, Idk, I feel like I exist lol

Look, I’m even typing… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

But, I will listen to Ego dissolution and think/meditate on your words
Thanks.

Maya
This is all an illusion. A solid illusion
This world is a dream and nothing more.
That’s not to say not to partake in this world- but that’s another story
I’m also taking some very abstract concepts right now- i thought bringing that to the forefront would help but i dont think so anymore lol

Just go about on your journey, George
What is meant to occur, will. Just observe and go along. And like you did right now, always remain truthful to yourself- that’s something that takes courage
So kudduos to you

2 Likes

So perfectly said :pray:t4:

1 Like

Desire mutates, it’s not always the same.

To quote Lacan, one of the best psychoanalists,

The unconscious IT IS NOT nor IT IS, it’s status is unfinished and un-realizated.

This argument is anti-ontological (against being as such or non-being).

It’s pre-ontological (it’s what shapes existence, ego, others and the world).

Which means that we are always changing and mutating.

One day we may want something, the next few minutes we are up to something else.

And the more driven we are by desire, the more unconscious we become.

2 Likes

It is a good way to start like that but experiences follow your beliefs and your internal mind settings. In order to overcome them and prevent new beliefs from forming you have to live spontaneously which is a recommendation from Tantra but a very complex thing to do.

1 Like

Yep, pretty much; in fact, sometimes it changes so fast, I’m like woah, I suddenly don’t like/want this…
So, yeah, desire is not the best guide lol, still, what feels natural (and some of the things that I want, heck, all of them, come naturally) is what I observe to be a part of me, although I mutate, desires and all, some things are (overall) clearly needed (for/by me)…

Edit: even though I might like a certain food, I can’t eat only that lol, same with other desires (and desires in general) and all…

Just chimming in to say this thread has been enjoyable to read so far, I dont feel like my comment would encapsulate something that wasnt already discussed, hence I will just keep :eyes:

@SoulStar33 so cool to see you engaging with the community and growing man, kudos to you for opening up :muscle:

5 Likes

@shadowhunter176 Thank you, brother! :pray:

2 Likes

if you want siddhis if i could help a bit, Do kundalini yoga¡¡¡
there you start to awaken your siddhis quite quickly if you are disciplined and committed to practice like a jedi.

Or at least it is in the only practice where I could see the awakening of my siddhis, but I think that the siddhis go hand in hand with approaching enlightenment, enlightenment allows and gives you access to all siddhis.

Hope this can help you a bit ;)

1 Like

Nope, don’t. Kundalini yoga when someone is in that state of confusion or not knowing things is bad. Kundalini makes you more of what you already are.

1 Like

Well, I started doing mantras and focusing on the chakras and meditating on their respecting color for the past 5 years, so although I might have a little bit of experience regarding/with the ebergy and chakras, I’m far from advanced level; I’m not in a rush for siddhis, since I barely have time for fields now…

Right now, time management is one of my lowest points, so I can’t do it right now, as I can’t add anything more to my schedule/what I already do/my activities; thank you, I will probably contact you, when I’ll can.

After my life settles a bit, and my health and finances improve a little bit more, then I will start the search for spiritual powers.

That will be at least a year from now.

Thanks, guys, for your advices and beautiful words.

I agree with that, now that you show things from that perspective; desire is not necessarily that much trouble, we are born from desire lol.