Being Spiritual for the WRONG Reasons

This is not true at all.

If my biggest desire is for truth and raising my consciousness/awareness how would that make me more unconscious?

We can always exhaust and transcend desires. That’s how people turn to spirituality.

2 Likes

that’s why you do it with a teacher and in a safe space and not alone.
Obviously doing kundalini yoga when you are alone and confused, etc. can be dangerous.

I am a Kundalini Yoga teacher and I know what I’m talking about.
Kundalini yoga empowers you in all aspects, not just siddhis and it does not focus only on awakening the kundalini (those are prejudices that are made from the outside) but on the development of consciousness.

kundalini yoga is not ascetic like hatha yoga but quite the opposite, it is to be in the world, enlightened, empowered “you don’t need to go to a mountain to be enlightened” it is to be in the world living all aspects of life. “If you can’t see God in everything, you can’t see God in anything”

1 Like

empowers who are you in the moment, to change after kundalini can be 10 times harder. Becoming more powerful doesn’t mean you change it means you become you but more you.

Don’t know about yogas, I know about the kundalini audio from teespring I got that I started throwing up for 3 days after hearing it. Nothing happened after too it was the same me.

if your teachings do good to people and have effects on them then good for you though. Just wanted to state my opinion on this because I wasn’t having any body problems nor “blockages” or whatever spiritual there is.

yes, it is okay to say your opinion, but here you said kundalini yoga, and you are talking about kundalini energy, not kundalini yoga. And to say that kundalini yoga is bad is a very generalized and uninformed point of view.

these are not my teachings, they are teachings from thousands of years ago.

1 Like

Desire splits subjectivity to the core because it needs to fracture and shape reality in order for it to be plausible and exist, which means that you become parasited the moment you want anything.

Even becoming more spiritual.

To be fully conscious it would mean the extintion of desire and non-splitted consciosness, which means that you cease to exist with all your desires, dreams, patterns, etc.

1 Like

Don’t buddhists and some hindu yoggis (also) teach this?
I mean, no desire, since it leads to suffering And Being (fully) Present.
It’s a valid point, Yet, perhaps it’s not the only way, since desire can help us so much, from surviving in the body, to acquiring whatever spiritual goal we want?

Edit: also, If I understood correctly, there is not one way but many ways to reach enlightenment, according to yoga (or am I remembering it wrong)?

Edit: we should drink/take a shot everytime I say Enlightenment. :joy:
I said it waay too many times, I might change my goals, but first I need the money. :dollar:

2 Likes

So many people have said we should acquire spiritual powers and not use them.

I find this as useless and ignorant as I find most if not all organized religion.

3 Likes

Acquire the cake, but don’t eat it. :grinning:
Now, I guess it all comes down to How we use any power (?), not that it’s bad to have it.

2 Likes