Berserkergang

I wanted to talk about Berserkergang and Berserkers.
I have practiced basic exercises some time ago and despite the numerous benefits, I believe they were the reason of me losing control over myself on several occasions, which lead me and people involved into trouble.
Whats Your opinion about this?
From my perspective the main difference between Berserkergang and Eastern Martial Arts involving energy is that Martial Artist seem to control energy more and not really get furious
While when You are In Berserk state its recommended to get furious then channel that fury, but its not really hard to lose control and having energy/fury controling You.
One of mental practices that make it easier to go rampage was convincing Yourself You are a Bear or She-Bear and something is threatening your youngs.
The usage of psychedelics were also not incommon in such practices.
The physical exercise I did the most was going to the forest, picking heaviest rock nearby, throwing it as far as You can, sprinting towards it, then repeating until muscle failure.
When Your muscles stared refusing to do what You want them to, You would get furious and did a few more reps again (as many as you can)
Interesting theory is that empaths have easier time learning this art.
Also, there is a debate wheter the Rage state that Berserkers fall into, is the result of possesion, induced trance, hormones or both.
Here is good source for those interested:

I wonder if those practices could help in energy work (mostly self focused, such as healing etc)
Also Berserkergang seems to rely on emotion of Anger, Rage etc.
What if we could invent similar practicies using other, intense emotions in connection with energy and physical exercises? Maybe Tantra is close to this but using Lust/Love instead of Rage.
What are You guys thoughts about this? Any other bererkers here?
5 Likes

First time I even hear of this.
Do you then do something with the anger, like release (and feel good after the release)?

If not, I think it’s… not a good practice if you’re putting yourself on purpose in a state of anger and aim to keep it up :grimacing:
I say this just based on your description, I don’t know much about the practice :D
It’s a “low vibe” an emotion <200 on the scale of Dr Hawkins and IMO it could negatively affect you the same way as consciously invoking love and acceptance and holding that can affect you positively.

However I have to admit it sounds cool lol

4 Likes

I think you would get interested in “THE ZONE” concept , its well knowed for athletes and people who like some kind of activities to get that state.

3 Likes

So getting mad to push yourself more in the gym ?
I suggest willpower or Ojas. Going motivated and excited, when you barely feel the pain. Mindfulness.

3 Likes

but of course
apply the concepts to different emotions and change them to suit
for example,
if you intend to be the saddest person in the world and have down putting, rock kicking, soaked in rain, sad back ground music aura that creates these ripples of sadness around you.
Then you for example, think of the saddest thing ever to get into that mind state.
then practice letting your self go in that state and letting the emotion control you.
Who know what epic tier sadness you can unlock there, the wisdom of tears.
I jest but its still a good example.

Is hulk simply a retelling of Viking lore. No wonder he and Thor got along so well in that movie.

19 Likes

Mimir’s a primordial.

Little tidbit.

2 Likes

Also if you remember berserk , the amount of time using the “Cursed armour” was limited because the self damage it was causing to obtain “that power” .

Pretty sure can like you this show btw Haha

4 Likes

It feels good when You do it, its somewhat euphoric anger where there is no single worry or care given. You feel calm afterwards and satisfied. Kinda like after sex.
@AkiraTheWild its similar but I feel the zone is of order, while berserk is of chaos lol.
Also Berserk is one of my fav anime/manga
@Dr_Manhattan even more mad, where there is no fear or limit left. Also I prefer working out in nature.
@Captain_Nemo the saddest person in the world ftw! Gotta think about something useful, ie calmness, confidence anchored with some physical practice

3 Likes

Also I live in area with many psychofans.
Often high, drunk, aggresive, on steroids etc.
I did not meet anyone with a gun but knifes and sticks, batons etc.
After some time runing away gets tiring You know.
Lets Just say they dont bother me or my friends anyomore :stuck_out_tongue:
I even get to know some of them, made some more “friends” lol
The fear could be paralizing even when long term solution is to fight (some times it is).
Also I feel It makes You more energy sensitive, and develops energy control a little bit.
Such altered states of consciousnes are also helpfull in practicing others i believe.
There are many experiments on meditating persons brainwaves, Im curious what brainwaves person in frienzy state would have.
Also @Captain_Nemo do You really mean there is wisdom in sadness, or tears? I believe there is some in rage, although IT seems counter-intuitive.

1 Like

Counter-intuitive wisdom is Odin’s biggest turn-on.

3 Likes