Body moisture

According to the diagnosis of Chinese medicine, the body is heavy with dampness and the sweat in the body cannot be excreted. What can I listen to?

1 Like

I am not an expert, but maybe this here might help?

6 Likes

Five elements balanced or alchemical elemental ability, this will not change ur constitution but should balance out the doshas.

2 Likes

Here, the place I would start is to explore “why is the body heavy with dampness?” There can be a variety of factors causing this. (And your practitioner should be the one you explore this with.)

As you know, Chinese medicine works off an energetic model. Each organ processes one of the 5 elements, which we humans primarily experience as emotion. The emotion for Water (excess dampness) is fear. When we have problems in dealing with fear in our lives, our Qi descends to protect the vital organs. We tighten our sphincters, which cause cause our bodies to become heavy with dampness.

To what extent are you allowing yourself to acknowledge and experiencing the fear in your life? Where/how in your life are you not effectively dealing with fear? How might you learn how to better deal with the fear that you’re having in your life? Include in your answer both practices you might do and/or learn as well as fields you might use (because there are moments in your life where you might experience your fear when you can’t listen to your fields). Or where are you defaulting to fear (as a sort of habitual emotional reaction) in your life? What else could it be?

The “antidote” to fear is appreciation. How much are you feeling appreciation in your day-to-day life? And I highlighted that word deliberately, because we’re talking about emotions here. It’s not enough to say words of appreciation; they’re not emotions. How much are you feeling appreciation in your daily life? How can you find more ways, reasons and times to actually feel appreciation in your daily life?

In the natural creation cycle, Water feeds Wood. Heavy with dampness suggests that, for some reason at this time, this Water might not be feeding your Wood. How are you not taking action? Why might that be? What can you do to resolve those why’s so that you can go on to take your appropriate action (and allow the creation cycle to continue)?

The emotion of Wood is anger. Where ,ight you have anger that you’re not processing, which might be interfering with your Wood energy, which could then cause your body to become heavy with dampness?

We know, from your reports of your stomach problems, you have issues with Earth. (Don’t feel bad; it’s a rare person these days who doesn’t have issues with Earth.) And that makes sense, since the emotion of Earth is worry, which is a cousin to fear, is it not? So, not only will you want to explore how fear is a factor in your life, you’ll want to do the same for worry. Additionally, what are you not fully processing or digesting (physically, emotionally, mentally and/or spiritually) in your life? And on the flip side, where/how are you finding/allowing pleasure into your daily life?

All of my questioning might lead you to some ideas for fields, for sure. But more importantly, I’m hoping that my questioning might start you examining your daily experience to see how you can process these emotions which (it seems) you’ve been burying in your body. All your conditions are really wonderful alerts, letting you know that you have some habits which haven’t been serving you. Now you have an opportunity to explore and identify your habits and play with alternatives, to the benefit of your experience and of your body. Good for you.

12 Likes

you for being very complete, I will start reflection and insight, wondering if you have any recommended areas
I have thought about micro-motion therapy or shamanic medicine

I am more inclined to highly sensitive groups, and it is easy to absorb the emotions of others.

@WellBeing

2 Likes

Good. That’s where I would start, too. Your practitioner could be more better-equipped to guide you here because s/he will have a more complete picture of what you’re now doing with each of the elements and how you’re running them through your body.

Notice that I went to the emotions in my post and you went to fixing your body. We’re training different approaches. I’m not sure how either of these fields address the condition of heavy with dampness that you presented to us. So, I’m not following your reasoning. (And to be clear, I’m not saying these fields would be wrong for you. I am saying I’m not following your reasoning.)

Why have you selected these fields over, say, the kidney fields? (Kidneys being the principle organ of the Water system of your body. Other organs are also part of the Water system of your body. This is where your practitioner can better guide you.)

That’s a quality of Water. Water like to pool together.

And some of that could simply be who you are meant to be in this life, that you came into this life in this body, with a supposed (because I don’t know. I’m not looking at your body, hearing your pulses or any of that; I simply cannot know) strength of the Water element to fulfill your Ming. I can’t tell what’s “supposed to be” strong in you and what might be out of balance for you and why.

The Chinese system of medicine looks at the dynamic interplay of the elements, which is different from how you seem to use this system. You seem to jump to “Ah, I’m heavy with dampness; I’ll fix my dampness.” Chinese medicine would first want to know a) if you are, in fact, heavy with dampness (because an excess and a deficiency of Water can look the same on the surface) and b) what’s causing that imbalance. Is that Water caused because you’re not allowing your Water to feed your Wood (and why)? Or might your Earth (stomach) be over-controlling on your Water? (And there are other options there that I’m leaving out because this reply is too long as is.) And the remedies would be different for each, you see?

3 Likes

thank you i will try

no problem i will update😊

1 Like