Book Thread šŸ“š

Iā€™ve just bought the Silmarillion the other day in audio formatā€¦ donā€™t know if youā€™re in to Tolkienā€™s work.
Silmarllion

Iā€™m also thinking of buying this Star Wars book too some time soon since it sounds quite interesting and Iā€™m a little bit of a fan of the lore. Iā€™m quite hesitant in buying this though because unlike movies and video games, some books are really good at digging deep in to your psyche. What Iā€™m trying to say is, this novel is suppose to be a dark tale thatā€™s predominantly focused around the universe, philosophy and theme of someone whoā€™s meant to be really evil.

Star Wars

1 Like

Awesome! Iā€™ve never read Tolkien. Also never watched Star Wars either, haha.
More into spiritual books, tho!

sounds stunning. gonna take a look someday.

J.R.R. Tolkien isnā€™t a book; itā€™s just the name of the author whoā€™s written many books like the one I mentioned in my previous comment, ā€˜The Silmarillionā€™. Iā€™m assuming youā€™ve never heard of The Lord of the Rings trilogy. Go watch the movies first, and you might want to consider getting some of Tolkienā€™s books if you enjoyed the film adaptations. Itā€™s an epic war fantasy thatā€™s based around elves, dwarfs, hobbits, and goblins.

Star Wars has aspects of spirituality involved all throughout the trilogy, but it is geared more towards the Jediā€™s (light side) philosophy rather than the Sithā€™s (dark side).

Just to let you know, by the way, you can edit your comment if you want to add more to it rather than posting another comment instead, and you can also tag multiple users in it if youā€™re talking to more than one person. The moderators encourage this since it keeps the forum nice and tidy.

2 Likes

Is anyone here familiar with the books of Arthur E. Powell?

I am looking at these 4 titles:

• The Etheric Double
  • The Astral Body
  • The Mental Body
  • The Causal Body

@Gnosticmedic27 @UgniS
These books are Theosophy and Blavatsky based, maybe you know this author?
If yes, do you think this knowledge is kinda outdated?
Thanks.

3 Likes

One of the best esoteric books on the human psyche ever written.
Deep level stuff.
Read it when I was 17 and learned a lot.

Jane Roberts ā€“ The Nature of the Psyche: Its Human Expression

3 Likes

A.E. Powell seems like more of a scholar and less of a doer.

But he seemed to be very studious and detail oriented :+1:

https://www.amazon.com/Flying-Serpents-Dragons-Mankinds-Reptilian-ebook/dp/B00E2BYKDG

Flying Serpents and Dragons: The Story of Mankindā€™s Reptilian Past

ā€œA highly original work that deals a shattering blow to all our preconceived notions about our past and human origins. Worldwide legends refer to giant flying lizards and dragons that came to this planet and founded the ancient civilizations of Mesopotamia, Egypt, India and China. Who were these reptilian creatures? What was the real reason for manā€™s creation? Why did Adam lose his chance at immortality in the Garden of Eden? Who were the Nefilim who descended from heaven and mated with women? Why did the serpent take such a bad rap in history? Why didnā€™t Adam and Eve wear clothes? Why did the ancient Sumerians call their ancient gods USHUMGAL, which means literally great fiery, flying serpent? What were the boats of heaven in ancient Egypt and and the sky chariots of the Bible? This book answers all these questions and more.ā€

2 Likes

Reptilians seem to be everywhere right now.

I wonder if Tiamat is the Orion queen.

Hereā€™s a book thatā€™s caught my eye lately that I might consider getting in the futureā€¦

Disturbing sci-fi drama about a disgraced, unhinged scientist/doctor situated on an uncharted island in the middle of nowhere who was exiled for his unethical treatments and sinister ideas. Although he is hellbent on his motives and continues his wicked experiments in secrecy on his solitary island.

The story begins to gradually unfold when a young naturalist Englishman (Edward Prendick) unfortunately arrives at the remote tropical island, stranded after being a castaway from an earlier shipwreck. Yet little does he know of the deadly mysteries and discoveries to be expected there and the eerie inhabitants who await him.

Anybody read this book before or might be interested in getting it?

1 Like

Currently reading ā€œThe Brothers Karamazovā€.

At first I didnā€™t want to read it because it was sort of a lengthy book but Iā€™m all in and already loving the story.

Finished ā€œChildhoodā€™s Endā€, reminded me of ascension naut.

4 Likes

Reccomend books about anything but they canā€™t be negative because I want to reprogramm my subconcious mind lol

Ill start off ā€œArt of happinessā€ by Dalai lama

3 Likes

Try

Joe dispenza - Breaking the habit of being yourself

6 Likes

Everything by Neville Goddard

4 Likes

something that reprograms the subconscious made me think of ā€œThe Lost Teachings of Atlantis,ā€ by Jon Penielā€¦in the later chapters, he wrote about how movies shapes the minds of people and itā€™s mostly negative, so he listed some positive movies and also added a link to a website that contained more spiritually uplifting moviesā€¦that list was all i watched for some timeā€¦

but this thread is about books lolā€¦first book i read that reprogrammed my brain for manifestation was ā€œThree Magic Words,ā€ by US Andersonā€¦i like to listen to that audiobook from time to time while listening to this grounding binaural i made when taking breaks from fieldsā€¦

3 Likes

Illusions - Richard Bach & The Alchemist - Paulo Coelho

3 Likes

Heard a lot about him, is he legit?

1 Like

You got a link?

1 Like

sites no longer active, but here it is on the archive site

https://web.archive.org/web/20210622075015/http://www.atlantis.to/movierecommendations.htm

he reminds me of the guy in the movie the secretā€¦the guy in that movie was a pilot that crashed his plane and was paralyzed from the neck downā€¦he could only blink his eyes to communicateā€¦Doctors told him heā€™d be like that for lifeā€¦but he imagined his healing one level of his spine at a timeā€¦he eventually walked outta thereā€¦

something similar happened to Joeā€¦he got formerly paralyzed by someone crashing into him while riding his bikeā€¦

he did the same thing as the formerly paralyzed pilotā€¦he meditated for a few hours everyday visualizing his spine being healed

1 Like