Book Thread 📚

Feel free to share some of your interesting titles, I’m intrigued and look forward to hearing about what stories you’ve read/listened to?

Currently right now, I’ve just bought ‘Tales from the Perilous Realm’ by J.R.R. Tolkien in audiobook format…

What about you?

7 Likes

Recent one that left an impression on me was The Choice by Edith Eger, great read

1 Like

Those 2 are pretty good and I keep coming back to them once in a while.

blue

1 Like

@anon75179789
@rigel

Here are some popular ones from my collection…

alchemist

I’m also thinking of getting some of Stephen Kings books that have caught my eye lately…

tommy
salem

The Langoliers story is supposed be very weird and disturbing. I heard it’s quite spine-tingling… I hope it doesn’t make my anxiety worse than it already is lol

3 Likes

It’s been almost 10 years since I’ve read the Alchemist, I really loved Coelho back then… I might revisit it now
When I was in my teens I was very into Gaiman’s work, my favorites were Ocean at the end of the lane and The Graveyard Book (Stardust also great!!)

The main reason why I don’t read him lol

2 Likes

I have only seen the TV movie of Langoliers, an amazing story, intense and gripping. King is the King!

1 Like

I’ve read it a couple of times, such an inspiring story and I thought the ending of it was great after everything he’s learnt throughout his journey or adventure.

The author has another book called the Pilgrimage or something but not too sure what that one’s about.

This one sounds interesting, I’m assuming this is a ghost story right?

Yeah but I might just try one of his books out to see what they’re like. They’re some other diluted books like Thinner which aren’t too scary and are worth a read too. I might just buy either Salems Lot or The Tommyknockers

One of my favourites is Pet Sematary but because I’ve seen the movie (1989 version) so many times, reading the book won’t be as engaging since I already know the story very well. It might be a bit different compared to the film but I wouldn’t pay to get the book if I’ve seen the film more than 3x. Apparently Pet Sematary is supposedly a spin off or inspiration from the story ‘Monkeys Paw’ written by W.W. Jacobs in 1902.

I’ve watched The Green Mile too before as I think that’s a great story and the book would be even more of an interesting read as well but I don’t think I could experience some of the R-rated scenes in it again to be honest.

Especially that death penalty scene where that security guard/officer character (Percy) doesn’t wet the sponge in a effort to gain revenge for a prison inmate he didn’t like which leads to a horrifying unprofessionally carried out execution, leaving the victim slowly getting fried to death in front of everyone. I remember one of the guards shouting and fighting each other to switch the power off while some of the others were shouting not to do it while he was still alive. That scene was very graphic and traumatic to watch is all can say. The book apparently goes in to even more gruesome detail in this scene, so I’ll probably cross this book off my list.

3 Likes

And of course, whole Harry Potter series :smiley:.

1 Like

@marauder

I’ve never really been a fan favourite of Dan Browns work or books that are like The Da Vinci Code but I do have a book in my collection (doesn’t belong to me) that you might be interested in if you like this kind of genre…

templar

In fact believe it or not actually, come to think of it I might have some of Dan Browns work in my bookcase somewhere which are along the lines of these two (not mine though)…

I’m not too sure if you’ve read these before but they’re highly rated.

1 Like

I’m quite the opposite. I rarely like books, but I find Dan Brown’s writing style really interesting.

My mom has Inferno book, I guess I’ll have to steal it :smiley:

1 Like

Not really reading novels anymore, but I´ve enjoyed these.

Not very high-vibrational tho.

metro books.PNG

1 Like

Didn’t they make a horror game based on this novel? It’s about a post-apocalyptic life set in Russia with like monsters in it or whatever…

1 Like

Yes, three in total. Tho they´ve changed the story after the first one.

1 Like

Why don’t you get in to audiobooks?

The beauty about these is that you can listen to them while doing chores, long tedious boring activities or whenever you’re doing some light exercise like walking.

I´ve used to, but got pretty strict with what I put into my subconscious.
The novels I´ve used to read, are usually set in pretty negative settings of fear, lack, violence etc.

Pure text doesn´t have the same impact as audio/video.

1 Like

brasil

I’m looking in to getting this book. Anybody here read this?

Basically it’s a thriller novel that delves into the dangerous science of cloning. It also explores the idea of what would happen if a group or society of powerful neo-Nazi’s that try and create a new breed of superhumans in an ambitious attempt to relinquish the Third Reich.

The story follows a Nazi hunter (Yakov Liebermann) in Paraguay who eventually uncovers a sinister plot lead by the notorious WW2 evil Nazi Dr ‘Josef Mengele/Angel of Death’ and a group of few other former SS officers in an attempt to clone Hitler and raise a new generation of Nazi leaders. As Liebermann tries to stop their plan, he is pursued by a diabolical enforcer who will stop at nothing to protect the project.

Sounds like it’d be a great story and an interesting read. I don’t know much about the author but I’ve heard he’s good writer.

1 Like

It’s Tolkien’s bible and history book on Middle Earth.

As a ‘hard fantasy’, this book would probably be a difficult to read for many folk as it’s extremely in depth focused and detailed. As a big of LOTR fan myself, I would probably enjoy reading it but I would either need more reading experience or knowledge from his other works like The Hobbit or Unfinished Tales etc.

Anybody here like books at all? it’s quite sad these days that nobody like reading/listening anymore…

It’s not subliminal or any form of hypnosis though… it’s just a book lol

It can do, you’re just not use to it, reasons why I recommended audiobooks which usually come with a skilled narrator, music and dramatise effects.

Films/movies aren’t exactly impactful though because anything built for screen isn’t story/narrative driven like a book is, since a films primary focus are the visual effects/art rather than story. Not to mention that you’re also at the mercy of the directors vision, so if the directors has no imagination, creativity, completely incompetent or outright crap… then the film will be crap. Films and TV shows lean themselves more towards been experimental and only add the most important features from the adaptation (lacking details and way more from the story).

It’s like the story in the Blade Runner movie, which is literally just a small part/section from the actual book (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep) itself.

When you read a book or listen to an audiobook; you direct it yourself, you cast your own characters and you imagine your own setting without interference. Overall most books will never be adapted unless they have a large fan base or they know they can make ‘squillions’ out of it… thank god.

Yes, hence I’ve mentioned that text doesn’t have the same impact. Still, our subconscious saves everything we interact with.
If you want to have a good life, it’s important to focus on healthy and empowering things.

After listening to the self love stack for some time, I’ve deleted more than 1.500 songs in one day, bc their energy and suggestions aren’t congruent with me anymore.

The Metro books for example, were the perfect fit for my traumatized, past-self. A horror world, polluted with no hope for salvation, dangers at every corner, violence, strictly limited resources…

But it’s not the world I want to experience anymore, hence I focus on more positive/productive content.

They are build to engage you emotionally = making you suggestible, and feature subliminals / frequencys.

It’s even worse when you watch them on Tvs, they make me really aggressive, my body is sensing the negative energy it emits.

Ive stopped watching TV years ago, and when I compare myself to my family members who spend most of their freetime in front of it, the difference in mental/physical health is shocking.

It’s the same with music. We are here, trying to improve our life with fields, while energy work and subliminals are literally everywhere.

If you don’t choose the program, others will choose for you, and we both know that most don’t have our best interest at heart.

That being said, I am currently listening to audiobooks like rich dad, poor dad or the ones about the work from Robert Greene.

Also I like listening to 20.000 miles under the sea to relax.

1 Like

I’ll start with some topics I already found so far:

Best spiritual growth books. Gain knowledge on how to live your best life?

Daoism: A search for a good book entry

Best books

1 Like