Can I somehow be Sent a fake nft?

ive recently bought an nft off some1 on this forum and im sure he hasnt Sent me a fake 1 but im just natrually a really paranoid person haha

is that possisble somehow ?

1 Like

There are ways to verify whether you have received a genuine NFT.
What you wrote so far is not enough to know though.
Ideally, you should check whether you have received a genuine NFT before you send your NFT or money to the other side.

Is it a Matic or Solana chain NFT?

Do you know the # of the particular NFT? For example if there are 12 copies of a particular NFT, then all the genuine copies will be from #1 to #12. And each of them can be tracked and checked whether they were purchased from the official Matic / Solana minting wallet.

4 Likes

Yes its possible, please contact a forum mod and provide details.

5 Likes

yeah its #3 and the nft is kinetic quasi aura. Ive just checked and it says there are 795 unique holders so im guessing its legit? also the network is solana

thx for the advice man as always

1 Like

From what I can see based on the data that you provided, #3 of the Quasi Kinetic Aura is a genuinely minted NFT copy.

Are there any particular reasons why you assumed that your copy would not be genuine somehow?

Also, have you received both, the image and the audio, from your trading partner?

2 Likes

Nah there isnt tbf i just have a lot of trust issues lol , im natrually suspicious man

thanks tho and yeah I Have

1 Like