Cant pay with paypal on gumroad/patreon/teespring šŸ˜”

Here we go again with the PayPal issueā€¦ :neutral_face:

They removed the option now completely, or am I overlooking something?

They have hidden the option in the past. Do a search (of this forum) for the various workarounds to find the PayPal option.

2 Likes

I tried the same method that worked in the past, but It looks like they removed itā€¦. Others folks have been reporting the same thing, Itā€˜s unfortunate!!!

You are talking about ā€œthe same methodā€ (singular). Iā€™m talking in the plural, because there have been several workaroundS that have been discussed.

1 Like

Do you know one that works right now, because the ones I tried donā€˜t work unfortunately? I think Itā€™s a change from Gumroad. If anyone got the right solution let us know, a couple weeks ago It was working perfectly.

1 Like

(Search is your friend.)

2 Likes

My best friend @WellBeing :slight_smile:

Iā€™m gonna experiment a little bit and some way.
Have a nice weekend!!!

Anyone got this message from Patreon?

Sorry! We couldnā€™t process your pledge!

Sorry! We had an issue trying to process your pledge on Patreon. No charges were processed on your account.

This can sometimes happen if your card is expired, no longer valid, has insufficient funds, or you deleted your payment information with us. If youā€™d like to update your payment info so we can properly process your pledge, please visit your pending pledges page through the button below.

I pay Patreon with PayPal and I have funds, didnā€™t delete payment info, card is valid.

1 Like

In what country are you located? Certain countries (such as India) have recently changed their national banking laws to make recurring transactions on certain cards (like debit cards) illegal.

From the reports posted on this forum, Patreon hasnā€™t yet found a way around this.

3 Likes

Iā€™m from Europe.

1 Like

You may well be facing a similar sort of situation. You might want to check with your bank or email Patreon customer service.

2 Likes

Thanks man. I ended up paying with that same card that is connected to PayPal.

3 Likes

by direct debit

1 Like

Not from India but I had issues in the UK subscribing, for me what worked was getting the Full Membership. The basic one didnā€™t work for me.

2 Likes

sent a pm also

Anyone found a new way to get paypal option back? :roll_eyes:

Send a DM to Sammy. Heā€™s offered to do a private transaction for those of us who are having problems with gumroad, et. al.

2 Likes

I think itā€™s mostly gumroadā€™s issue. Yesterday I tried to make a small purchase on gumroad. PayPal successfully debited, but gumroad hanged and responded with transaction fail. Perhaps try few days later?

Can someone help me out please. Today I tried to pay for a field with my debet/credit card on gumroad by changing the VAT to another country, like suggested here on the forum. But I got this message: We were unable to validate the location you selected. Check this one.
I also got mac Computer. Is it because itā€™s better protected or doesnā€™t it work with debet/credit card and do I need PayPal account??? :pray:

You canā€™t just change the country to change your VAT. Most sitessā€™ software will prevent that as thatā€™s against the tax law.

What was suggested to you was that you use a VPN to make it look like you were in a different country (and then enter into the software a ā€œshipping and billing addressā€ located in your selected country) and then the sitesā€™ software will allow the transaction to go through.

1 Like