Chapters 12-16 Discussion (Confidence Section)

Discussion on chapters 12-16 general discussion

2 Likes

@SammyG There is something that I want to mention after reading chapter 14. We see many times in movies or books, where the main character struggles with an emotional or mental blockage. They overcome it and they come out on top or win (keeping it simple here). For example, Karate Kid.

My association with overcoming blockages based on my past experiences is winning. But that doesn’t always happen. Overcoming blockages doesn’t necessarily mean you will win. You can still lose. I don’t know if that makes sense? When I say ‘i still believe in myself’ and then fail in what i was going to do, that creates an additional mental block. That statement loses meaning.

What’s the best way to overcome that?

1 Like

It depends on what you define as success. If you define success as only getting the result you want, then the mind can get discouraged when you ‘fail’ and be like ‘TOLD YOU YOU’RE A FAILURE, HAHA THIS IS WHY YOU DONT BELIEVE IN YOURSELF.’ But remember starlight, journey before destination. Allow me to share with you another form of success.

Success can simply be when you are working towards what you want. It is the journey itself. And within the journey itself, whatever steps you take forward, including the steps that feel like failures, can each be seen and felt as a step forward.

A deeper layer of success is when those ‘failures’ happen and your old negative patterns pop up… and you manage to accept those feelings and feel okay with the result you got.

The result you got at the end of the day taught you more about what works and what doesn’t, strengthens your resilience (with this attitude of falling and getting right back up again and moving forward) and is progress towards your goal in general.

If you tune your perception to percieve success as progress towards your goal, your entire mentality changes and ‘winning’ is simply doing the work. This fundamentally dissolves your patterns over time much more quickly. The journey itself becomes what heals you, not the destination.

And then the intended result comes naturally because with this mentality, you work towards this goal with unlimited encouragement. You get relentless and effortless determination because every step forward feels like winning. So it genuinely becomes inevitable that you will reach your end goal. The odds are in your favor that if you keep trying to something over and over again, you eventually get a better result (especially from learning what you did wrong before).

Persistence is the most consistent magic to the world. It’s how I’ve gotten everything I’ve wanted out of life. And well, I’ll end with this quote.

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill.

Overcoming obstacles is more about the journey and persistence, rather than the immediate outcome of winning or losing.

5 Likes

Also, remember that the 2nd part to all of this will be different trials/challenges that I will be setting up so that people can test and dissolve their blockages in a supportive environment. Anyone with the guided path gets the first month free which might be all that you need.

I do recognize that experience is also essential to reprogramming so that is why I’ve been working on setting up a way for people to have guided experiences.

That being said, remember starlight; journey before destination. Always.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, this was drilled into my head growing up by family and extended family. If I wasn’t successful or #1 in anything then I failed. I’m spending my lifetime unlearning EVERYTHING I was taught.

Success can simply be when you are working towards what you want. It is the journey itself. And within the journey itself, whatever steps you take forward, including the steps that feel like failures, can each be seen and felt as a step forward.

A deeper layer of success is when those ‘failures’ happen and your old negative patterns pop up… and you manage to accept those feelings and feel okay with the result you got.

The result you got at the end of the day taught you more about what works and what doesn’t, strengthens your resilience (with this attitude of falling and getting right back up again and moving forward) and is progress towards your goal in general.

If you tune your perception to percieve success as progress towards your goal, your entire mentality changes and ‘winning’ is simply doing the work. This fundamentally dissolves your patterns over time much more quickly. The journey itself becomes what heals you, not the destination.

Thank you! This is so beautifully stated! :purple_heart: Yes, I need to continue to learn this form of success. This needs to be taught at an early age so we grow up understanding the real meaning of success.

1 Like

It seems like I am getting better at defining my feelings. What was said here “You manage to accept those feelings and feel ok with the result you got”. This is what I want but I didn’t know it.

2 Likes

Yeah, this is one of those limiting beliefs that you got to dissolve. It will get in the way of success. I used to have several of those. For one, big fear of rejection. Also, had this weird fear that if I get too excited for something, it would manifest it to not happen. Those two were in my way for years and were one of the first ones I got rid of along the path because they got in the way of me moving forward to get rid of the deeper ones. That’s why I say work on the lighter blockages/limiting beliefs in the way first. Because those lighter ones get in the way of us even managing to dig out the deeper ones sometimes. (you don’t have to though, just a suggestion)

Perfectionism is still a limiting belief I have. It’s strange though. It’s a limiting belief I kind of like cause it pushes me to do the best I can at anything I do. But then it limits me because it leads to me having way less output. I have like 300 ideas I haven’t even got to because of it and it annoys me so much lol.

2 Likes

yeah, this will be in my second round. lol!

Same! working on this one now

Omg… same! I’ve been also told ‘don’t get too excited otherwise you jinx it’ etc. Ugh! all these small things that creep into your subconscious and stop you.

This also! I’ve been chipping away at this but still ways to go. I think the limiting belief of being successful or number 1 and perfectionism go hand in hand.

2 Likes