Cold Water Therapy

The Polar Bear Club

https://polarbearclub.org/pb-site/

Coney Island is in Brooklyn, N.Y., part of New York City.
It is an “outer borough”

3 Likes

Cold kills cancer.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-022-05030-3

3 Likes

Already showering ice cold for 2 years like a real Wim Hof :facepunch: :muscle:

I can comment on the actual physically stepping under a cold shower: you feel more stable in feelings, I’m also keeping my weight (i suppose the brown fat (which are ovens) is consuming the other fat), should also work on inflammation in the body (indeed this works on joints and muscles),…

Energy levels depend: mostly active increase in energy

Do note: sometimes in the beginning when I started showering cold i had a lack in energy (feeling sleepy)…

9 Likes

This + Unbreakable when you wake up
Start the day off right!

6 Likes

Welcome

And I like the name :wink:

3 Likes

Cold exposure makes us breath deeper… get in more prana… which is pure life force!

Prana is pure energy: light, electricity, magnetism.

If we get in more of the essence, the purest form we’re made off, no wonder we can heal… that is an inside job!
Prana can target any tissue or build up whatever we need… if we have the mindpower and thought patterns to build it up!

This is where powerful affirmations come in, and the high emotions of true belief.

Then… we’re #limitless #divine :innocent::pray:
(Kundalini awakening definitely helps becoming a divine human 2.0)

2 Likes

My body gets really cold when I do this :sweat_smile:

This make me feel like I want to go bathe in ice water like Wim Hof.

Ive heard you get a real good rush/high from it.

4 Likes

This field just made it to my top 5 list of all of Dreams fields, because of the wellness i get when I listen to it.

7 Likes

this is currently the first field in my playlists. really helps with waking up and being fresh in the morning

8 Likes

I wonder if its okay to loop this over night.

Not sure if it would be easy falling asleep to this

As a Wim Hof cold shower follower, I can state that submerging yourself in cold water becomes easier (after a period of 2.5 years cold showering) (easier in sense that my body adapts to the cold) plus a nice bonus what I notice for myself is that meditation after a cold shower is much easier. It calms the chattering mind.

(ps. i don’t own the field, so I don’t whether the field is capable of the same)

4 Likes

I own the field, and I use all the time, so I tried coldshowering first time today without using it and it was suprisingly easy.

7 Likes

i have noticed as well that whenever i shower with cold water, the first contact with the skin is not as bad as before, and feel less to no discomfort

6 Likes

A client just told me cold water therapy increases dopamine so is helpful in short term focus/ getting things done for her ADHD. Ain’t that great?

2 Likes

Yes, there are currently snippets online, videos of Dr Hubermann stating it releases dopamine for about 3h! ❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥

3 Likes

Thank you! I had no idea, though it sure feels that way. Not to mention it’s far more pleasant than the actual cold shower :grinning:

2 Likes

This gem and belly breathing is automated Wim Hof :grin: method .

5 Likes

Huberman on deliberate cold exposure

Other hormones Huberman mentions:
Epinephrine, norephinephrine, testosterone…
Deliberately choosing to go for cold exposure, stressing the body by choice, builds resilience… grit!

5 Likes

ChatGPT: Cold water immersion (CWI) is a therapeutic technique that involves immersing the body in cold water, typically with a temperature ranging from 10 to 15°C (50 to 59°F) for a short period of time, usually ranging from a few seconds to several minutes. CWI is often used by athletes as a recovery and performance-enhancing strategy, but it has also been used in the treatment of various medical conditions.

Here are some potential benefits of CWI:

1. Reduced inflammation: CWI has been shown to reduce inflammation in the body, which may help to speed up recovery from injuries or reduce inflammation associated with chronic diseases such as arthritis.
  2. Improved recovery from exercise: CWI is often used by athletes to improve recovery from intense exercise. Cold water can help to reduce muscle soreness and fatigue, allowing athletes to train harder and more frequently.
  3. Increased circulation: CWI can cause the blood vessels to constrict, which may help to increase blood flow to the muscles and other tissues. This increased circulation can help to deliver oxygen and nutrients to the tissues, promoting recovery and healing.
  4. Improved mood: Some studies have suggested that CWI may have a positive effect on mood, reducing symptoms of anxiety and depression.
  5. Reduced pain: CWI has been shown to reduce pain in people with various conditions, including fibromyalgia, multiple sclerosis, and arthritis.
  6. Improved immune function: Some studies have suggested that CWI may have a beneficial effect on immune function, helping to boost the body’s ability to fight off infections and illnesses.
  7. Increased calorie burn: Cold water immersion has been shown to increase calorie burn due to the body’s increased metabolic rate in response to the cold.
  8. Improved sleep: Cold water immersion has been suggested to improve sleep quality by reducing body temperature and inducing relaxation.
  9. Reduced muscle damage: CWI has been shown to reduce muscle damage caused by exercise, which can improve recovery and performance.
  10. Improved cardiovascular function: Cold water immersion has been shown to improve cardiovascular function by increasing blood flow and reducing blood pressure.
  11. Improved skin and hair health: Cold water immersion has been suggested to improve the health and appearance of the skin and hair by stimulating circulation and reducing inflammation.
  12. Reduced stress: Cold water immersion has been suggested to reduce stress by inducing a relaxation response and reducing levels of stress hormones such as cortisol.
  13. Improved lymphatic function: Cold water immersion has been shown to improve lymphatic function by increasing lymphatic flow and reducing lymphatic congestion.
  14. Improved respiratory function: Cold water immersion has been suggested to improve respiratory function by increasing lung capacity and reducing inflammation in the airways.
  15. Improved mental clarity and alertness: Cold water immersion has been suggested to improve mental clarity and alertness by stimulating the release of neurotransmitters such as dopamine and norepinephrine.
  16. Increased endorphin release: Cold water immersion has been shown to increase the release of endorphins, which are natural painkillers and mood enhancers.
  17. Improved immune response: Cold water immersion has been suggested to improve immune response by increasing white blood cell production and activity.
  18. Reduced symptoms of depression and anxiety: Cold water immersion has been shown to reduce symptoms of depression and anxiety, possibly due to its ability to stimulate the release of neurotransmitters and reduce inflammation.

It’s important to note that while CWI has many potential benefits, it may not be suitable for everyone. Individuals with certain medical conditions, such as Raynaud’s disease or cold allergy, should avoid cold water immersion. Cold water immersion may not be suitable for individuals with certain heart conditions, such as coronary artery disease, as it can cause the blood vessels to constrict and increase the workload on the heart. People with a history of heart attacks, arrhythmias, or other heart conditions should talk to their healthcare provider before attempting cold water immersion. Additionally, individuals with very low blood pressure or other circulatory issues may also not be suitable candidates for this therapy. It’s important to discuss any underlying medical conditions with a healthcare professional before attempting cold water immersion.

7 Likes