Cold Water Therapy

Immersing yourself in cold water has numerous health benefits that we replicate here in the ‘Cold Water Therapy’ field. Taking cold showers or ice baths can improve your circulation, deepen your sleep, spike your energy levels, and reduce inflammation in your body. Cold Water can also reduce muscle soreness and boost the immune system.

The practice also releases norepinephrine, rapidly setting off a cascade of adaptive effects that influence aspects of metabolism, brain function, and genetic expression. It’s a BIG wake up to your mind, body and spirit.

It is certainly also a big wake up to the mind as it has also been found to alleviate depression. Due to the high density of cold receptors in the skin, a cold shower is expected to send an overwhelming amount of electrical impulses from peripheral nerve endings to the brain, which could result in increasing endorphins, or the feel-good hormones in your brain.

Cold water also makes you consciously attune to discomfort. Allowing ourselves to immerse into the discomforting reaction from our bodies and attuning to the temperature of the water. Doing this consciously, allows us to more easily endure the hardships of life and push forward with a strong mind. Cold water therapy builds resilience.

The fields in this audio replicate the stimulation of cold water and all these benefits as well.

83 Likes

Am guessing it includes the energy side of things too?

6 Likes

23 Likes

This is my next purchase, eek! A lot of my friends go wild swimming in super cold water, I always declined to join, hehe (I like my comfort) Now I get the benefits, from the comfort of my house. Thank you :blush:

16 Likes

i am out of commentz…

4 Likes

Another great field (I just checked Self Refresh)!
It’s so amazing to read about a project, then to watch that project/idea materialize(d)!

8 Likes

You can tell your friends now you go swimming alone!

10 Likes

Or you could invite your friends to join you at your home so that you all can benefit together. :smile:

5 Likes

Here it is more than 31 degrees Celsius.
I don’t have air conditioning or a ceiling fan.
That is helping me relieve the heat .:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

10 Likes

I have trouble to wake up early. Maybe this track could be used as an alarm tone at 5am in the morning, hehe!

11 Likes

So this field should stimulate the vagus nerves right guys ? And if that happens what is the beneficial impact on our chakras or rather the energy flow through our chakras ?..…am I drifting it correctly here :sweat_smile:?

What are the benefits of cold water therapy?

Cold water therapy has been reported to benefit the body in many ways, including:

• reducing muscle pain and stiffness after exercise, by reducing swelling and inflammation
  • improving risk factors for cardiovascular disease, such as blood pressure and cholesterol levels
  • boosting the immune system, helping to lower the risk of infection
  • improving general wellbeing, and possibly helping with depression

But the evidence is often quite scarce, and based on small studies or anecdotal evidence (people’s personal experiences). This doesn’t mean it’s not right. It just means that there’s not enough scientific evidence to support all the claims.

There has been some evidence for the Wim Hof method having a possible benefit in inflammatory-related conditions. But further research is needed to say for certain. And it could be the breathing techniques and meditation that provide the benefit, rather than the exposure to extreme cold.

12 Likes

Not sure but fitness of russians could be attributed to the extreme cold climates?

1 Like

In Russia, and probably not only is it quite popular to descend into an icy lake. Also, we had a school of Ivanovites. I was familiar with my grandmother, who wore a raincoat and thin shoes at minus 15. And they really don’t freeze. The practice of hardening and pouring cold water is very common. If you do this regularly, there is very little chance of getting sick. Very high immunity. Blood circulation definitely improves, skin tone increases. Incredible energy charge. It’s like a bomb has exploded in your body.

17 Likes

Just bought this field this morning. It’s very cold here where i live and i’ve been struggling getting out of the warm bed but this got me energized and ready to get things done. I think this one is gonna be good for me cause i’m pretty undisciplined and lazy during the winter.

4 Likes

i-knew-it-kevin-hart

Love Russia, must have been born there in my previous life.

4 Likes

Benefits of taking a cold shower:

1. Health immunity
  2. Anti-inflammatory
  3. Healthy brain and cognitive ability
  4. Stable mood
  5. Increase energy
  6. Accelerates Fat Burning
  7. Improve insulin resistance
  8. Extend life
6 Likes

Cold Water Therapy is my new “go-to” field whenever I’m upset, feeling down, or lacking motivation. Also, excellent field to start your day with.

Not pushing or forcing, but instead gently making me want to do everything I’m supposed to do (with a smile on my face) and more.

Thank you so much for making this!

9 Likes

He’s been doing this morning routine since middle school, almost 50 years.

6 Likes

Yeouch! He’s a better man than me.

2 Likes