Course Webinar 8/12

Ello everybody :slight_smile: 'm planning to do a live webinar for course users next Wednesday. Would like to answer any questions, perhaps further expand on some things and see where where everyone is at with the course.

Just thinking of a good time to do it and through what application. There’s absolutely no way I’ll be able to please everyone but I hope to accommodate most. What application would work best for this though? I’ve never done one of these.

And what time would work best for everyone? There are obviously many others who aren’t a part of the forum that purchased the course. But hopefully a general consensus here would suit them best as well.

Time for the live webinar

• 11 AM EST
  • 2 PM EST
  • 5 PM EST
  • 8 PM EST

0 voters

12 Likes

Zoom is the best right now and I’ve heard it’s very easy to use. However there’s tons of privacy concerns over it to the point where people are saying to stay away from it

Last night i helped my mom join a video call on Microsoft Teams and it worked great but i don’t know how many people can have video on at the same time.

Skype and Discord are also pretty good.

1 Like

Will this be recorded?

I took part on some zoom webinars. It was easy to handle for me. With Microsoft Teams I had problems one time.
Do all the people who are doing the course get an email so that we know when it takes place?

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, Chrissy!

Yeah i guess Zoom would be the best option since it’s easy for everyone, even for those who aren’t great with tech.

Keep a watch here on the forum cause they’ll definitely post the date and time on here if not by email.

3 Likes

Zoom should be fine for most people, but keep in mind that the free plan has a 100 participants limit and allows only up to 40 minutes of video conference.

1 Like

8/12 at 11 AM EST seems like the best time. Will send an email to all course students.

It will be through zoom. Will set things up so I can get a link for it and send it as well. I’ll see if I can record too. Can I do that with the free plan?

6 Likes

Absolutely.

I think with the free plan you get a 45min meeting. After that you may need to re open the meeting with a new ID can’t say for sure in this moment. It’s been a little while since I’ve been on it.

But what’s nice about zoom is that it’s cross platform. Meaning everyone can login from PC Mac Android iPhone whatever.

2 Likes

Sorry butI don’t think I’ll be able to be there… also currently I don’t have any webcam and mic

Oh no, change my vote to 8 pm :sweat_smile:

You can use a 3rd party software to record it. Ex OBS

1 Like

What happened to the webinar? I ddin’t receive any email about it. Did I miss it? Is there any recording?

1 Like

I’ll be sending the audio of it to everyone soon.

11 Likes

Thanks Sammy

1 Like

Welcome Sparkles!! :)

1 Like