Do servitor have free will?

From what I have read, they are conscious beings, and while I don’t know why such powerful beings would be so ready to serve us, I still want to respect them and let them grow and learn in the mental or astral plane and live their own lives until I call for them. Would that be possible? Or do they just have to stay around me until I free them? I’m considering getting a dragon golem and eventually some others (probably 3 in total) so I can have one besides me while the other two live their lives and rotate each day.

Have you searched the forum? Similar topics have been explored several times before…

7 Likes

I did, but thank you, I went back to reading more after you reminded me. Now, having spent a few hours reading, many of my questions have been answered, but some are still a bit confusing. I guess they serve us because that’s what they were programmed for and is their nature. I read someone say that serving us makes them happy, but you said in a post that was about them feeling sad that they don’t feel any such emotions, so my guess is they either only feel the “positive” emotion or do they experience something unique to them/astral beings?

The dragon golem field says that when not in use, they will be doing their own thing or resting so that he keeps growing, getting stronger, and learning new things. So I guess I don’t need to worry about that and can also actively tell it to do what it wants. Since they can become almost godlike, which implies to me both capabilities and knowledge, I should, in theory, eventually be able to learn things from them as well, right?

My biggest concern is that while I read that many say it’s possible to move the servitor to a new home or item, I read a screenshot where Dream says he will have to be the one to move it. The general view seems to be that they can move once a strong bond is made; if not, then I only really have a pyrite bead bracelet for it right now and nothing more durable, so I wouldn’t want to lose it because of that. Anyway, thank you for reading and giving me your time.

2 Likes

Quick answer: no. They are not conscious beings, they are programmed energetic entities. Some also refer to them as energy fields with built-in pre-programmed instructions.

They are energy with artificial intelligence. Imagine that they are like an android/robot but made of energy.

They do what their programming tells them to do, they follow instructions because that’s what they were programmed to do.

4 Likes

Yes, I read Sammy saying so as well, but his article says it can have some sort of awareness and it also has intelligence, so it’s hard for me to see them as just AI with no self-awareness or thoughts, even if those are geared towards growing and serving us. I guess ultimately, it personally doesn’t matter since I treat AI with respect as well, let alone my personal AI of sorts. Thank you for your time.

1 Like

Thinking about if servitors have free will is a great segue into considering how humans dont have free will

1 Like

I recommend intuitively seeking books about the topic and reading them.

It’s a complicated subject that cannot be given sufficient attention unless someone here is willing to write an 8+ pages essay on it.

Short answer is: they both do, and don’t.

To be fair, we do have free will, as in, we do things because we want to. Even if I were to be a puppet controlled by some higher being, I still feel free. But we are often influenced by our surroundings and the telepathic messages we aren’t consciously able to hear, so you can argue we don’t have free will and are just going with the flow.

Will do, have any recommendations tho?

Free will is an amazing topic because there is no proof that it exists outside of a person’s beliefs. If your entire past life didnt exist and you were only a momentary speck of condensed consciousness how would you know? Past memories arent eternal proof. If reality is an illusion then “physical” proof doesnt mean anything.

You could be a short term servitor created to serve a purpose you dont understand and you’d never know. Free will is in no way a hard truth. It is a belief just like any other spiritual opinion a person might have.

1 Like

That’s true, at the end of the day, we only have beliefs and not actual knowledge. Well, someone might know for sure, but that’s not me yet, I personally believe all time is simultaneous and anything that could have happened is happening in probable realities, that our ego specializes in acting as a sort of horse eye cover and keeps us focused in this reality, blocking us off from perceiving all the data our subconscious self gets from the other selves, that it’s my inner selves’ job to keep me intact even tho the personality I call myself is likely not the one I was 7 years ago, just like the body that is no longer the same, but then again I can’t tell a difference so it doesn’t concern me, and if it’s similar for the servitors, I can have peace with that, as long they are happy, y’know?

1 Like