Does Ascension destroy the ego and give inner peace?

@_OM I somehow stumbled on to this thread and have a simple question if I’m understanding your answers correctly.

Are you saying that our WHOLE point of existence in this lifetime is to transcend (add any other word here) our Ego? This is the game?

7 Likes

Ha! You setting me up to trigger a whole bunch of people? :wink:

I’m not saying WHOLE anything … that feels too black and white and as you know…that becomes another duality that would need to be transcended.

I’m saying for THIS part of the game… (guys…there are SOOOO many other games out there to be played) transcending one’s ego UNLOCKS allllll those OTHER games out there to be played.

And before people freak out over this idea…
Buddhism, which has been around a looong time, has described 31 planes of existence.
Humans are at level 5 of 31…
Contemplate how much OTHER game play is out there…
(Other philosophies will describe it in different ways with different numbers of “levels” but it’s still the same concept)

15 Likes

@_OM hahah… not trying to trigger anyone. Just trying to find answers for myself. :wink:

Oh wow…really? I didn’t know that. So, this is part of the reincarnation process…the cycles you spoke about elsewhere on this forum? As you clear up one part, you move to the next plane of existence in your next lifetime and work on clearing up the next piece?

I found this wikipedia article that speaks about the 31 planes of existence.

Are these planes / games which you are speaking about?

5 Likes

That article adequately describes the Buddhist concepts of the 31 planes…yes.

To be clear as I sense some confusion…

Enlightenment (aka Transcending one’s ego/ego “death”) breaks the reincarnation process aka the wheel of karma aka being reborn into plane(s) of suffering.

And pointing to one of your other questions in another thread.
Enlightenment = TRUE Free Will.

17 Likes

@_OM Yeah, I am confused here then. :confused:

From what you’ve written, If I’ve transcended my Ego then would that mean I won’t need to be reborn into any of the 31 planes then…?

When you say the below, which games are you speaking of?

7 Likes

Whew! Somebody’s Conceptual Realizations has kicked already! Nice.

Yes that’s exactly correct!
See this post here tho…

So again, you have TRUE free will to play or not play this game or other games.
Also remember, these other planes of existence are exponentially more peaceful and loving if you DO decide you would still like to keep playing.

19 Likes

@_OM Wow… this is deep. Thank you for clarifying it for me. So, it IS about transcending the Ego for starters, hence Ego dissolution audio. Need to sit with this one for a bit. :smile:

11 Likes

16 Likes

That is exactly what I was thinking when I watched the Westworld series - it is a hidden guide to become sovereign and develop TRUE Free Will.

4 Likes

Does the ego also despise itself? Right now, i’m thinking, “i wanna kill this bastard and live my life already” but i’m pretty sure that “I” would never think that way and so it’s the ego hating its own self?

5 Likes

yes. the ego knows it’s an “imposter” for the True Self and has a deep self-hatred for it’s own lies/facade…

14 Likes

Like an abusive spouse with self-esteem issues then.

5 Likes

have used this exact analogy many times in the past

9 Likes

Haha sometimes I laugh at my own issues and I feel like that’s the “I” talking for a split second. Although one can never be sure because it could also be a fake ego created I. Only way is to get to the “I” organically and integrate the ego’s patterns.

2 Likes

This making me happy just to read this!

3 Likes

Where is Lady @Starlight (read it in GoT tone) lately? Busy perhaps… :slight_smile:

5 Likes

She said shes taking care of herself so she can come back to shine much brighter :blush::blush:

5 Likes

Glad for you :) Sammy is one of my favorite writers of all times. It’s rare to find such an elegant, sharp, yet humanistic style.

10 Likes

If the main plot is Ascension, how does a tag like BPIL play out?

Wondering if it’s worth for me buying as my main goal is spiritual growth/ascension.

11 Likes

It’s for a reason we call him Sammy the gansta :slight_smile: The guy has some mad spiritual skills that he does not openly talk about… :sunglasses:

15 Likes