Endings that you didn't like

Warning: This Thread Might contain SPOILERS, so although I’ll try to cover (or not mention - in some cases) potential spoilers, you are still responsible for reading this thread.

So Game of Thrones Ending… , hmm, I think it could have been better, Much Better, I mean

Summary

Daenarys going psycho and burning every man, woman and child in King’s Landing is fulfiling her father’s wish: “Burn them all”…
I had such high hopes for her character, I expected some great things from her, she was like a Messiah (sort of) character, not a promised Prince, but a Princess, the Breaker of Chains, The Destroyer of The Wheel,…, and all she desteoyed were innocent souls… All to gain that damned Throne.

If they would have made one or two more seasons, expanding on her (potential) madness, it would have been more believable.

What is your view on

Summary

Daenarys

and on Game of Thrones?

1 Like

Game of Thrones was given to mankind to remind us that we are no slaves to scrolls written off the cuff by old men, but masters of our own destiny. We are the three-eyed raven!

3 Likes

Well, personally I found it kind of shocking, like the writers wanted to

Summary

surprise/shock us, it was definitely unexpected (for me) and some choices and actions result in immediate catastrophy for others and even for ourselves, in that sense she did break a Wheel, the wheel being our expectations …
It’s not necessarily a bad ending, it’s idk, different, way different then what I expected…
Well, she had her choice and Jon Snow had his as well…

1 Like

Hated it. I think the writers lost their nerve.

Summary

They couldn’t let Cersei win because . . . that would have been too consistent with the narrative logic of the show. It would have proved the whole point the mash-up of a fantasy world with a cynical, modern world view. I mean, that’s an HBO ending. Iron Throne . Not a recliner

That left Daenerys and the Starks. They couldn’t have Daenerys win b/c Jon or something. I think they felt the need to give all the remaining Stark characters a good ending, so they stuck us with a LOTR/Wizard of Oz/Chronicles of Narnia type ending, which undermined all the great GOT subversion of fantasy tropes.

1 Like

I agree with your points. They wanted a “good” ending (

Summary

the noble Starks/Jon Snow on top).

It would have been a great ending in a normal High Fantasy universe, but GOT worked because it had the look of High Fantasy but a cutthroat War of the Roses, winner takes all, logic. Terrible that they replaced opted for a high school Model UN project. Still hating it.

2 Likes

i didn’t like ozark’s

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. :pray:

Attack on Titan. The manga, at least. I’ll never watch the show again.

2 Likes

Firefly movie Serenity killed off three cast members, two of which were major. Joss could have just said he wasn’t going to continue the show, lol. Nevertheless, Firefly theme is still my ringtone

1 Like