Entity/Deity Thread

Okay everyone I have a question I could not answer myself because I cant find a way to confirm either possibility. So here it is:

In different cultures there are many gods/deities that are more or less similiar to eachother via their rulerships or attributes, lets say: Perun, Thor, Zeus, Jupiter, Indra etc. (I know I only named a few out of many Gods of Thunder, but just wanted to give an example) So the question is: Are they all the same being under different names? Or are they completely different and unrealted to eachother? OR There was one or few original ones and the rest are Egregores/Godforms that people created after interacting with an original? If thats the case, how do We determine sort of ‘‘manufactured being’’ (Egregore/Godform) from an actual, ‘‘original’’ one? or maybe majority of deities are just manufactured?(I honestly doubt all of them are) It appears to me that I have interacted with 3 Entities/Deities but I’m only 100% sure about 1, so thats definitely not enough experience to draw my own conclusions.
so what do You think?

9 Likes

i feel this comment as greek mythology is pretty popular in games, webtoons, books, and shows.

7 Likes

So which deities entities or angels have to do with time? I wanna use intercession for approaching the deities that have to do with it since I’ve been feeling like I’m “invited to” each time I say “time isn’t on my side now” or anything similar! I already know about one or two but I’d like to know about more of them if anyone around knows :)

8 Likes

Kali literally means time in Indian languages (kaal). So I’m guessing she would help with time related stuff.

@Maoshan_Wanderer would have to expand upon this.

7 Likes

I’ve had interesting connections with Kali when I first found out about mantras. Durga and Kali were there wherever I go, specially at times when I most needed them… but different energetic weatherings yield different results, let’s see how things are now.

@Maoshan_Wanderer I’d love to :)

7 Likes

The word Kālī has two connotations.

• One myth states that the celestial gods and sages and humans approached the Goddess once, who was Gaurī (literally means the one of fair complexion) and prayed to her that the cosmos was being overtaken by demonic entities who were destroying everything Good. Listening to their plight, she turned to a dark hue with anger and came to be known as Kālī. The word Kāla varna means pitch black color, and her assuming this form is to indicate her power as all consuming (black hole) - while her aspect as Gaurī, the creator and nourisher, is a different side of the same coin.
  • Kāla means time, as also death. As her grace helps transcend not only time (and space) but also a limited existence (life spent as a struggle to survive with a fear of death), she comes to be called Kālī.

Just like the color black absorbs everything else in the spectrum, She is what emerges when all duality, forms and names are absorbed into Nothingness.

Her energy is very intense, so some caution is needed when approaching her. Her state is to ascend fast and quick, cutting through obstacles and it is not always a pleasant experience.

22 Likes

i remember some time ago i was chanting one of her mantras and after a few days i had this sense ‘you’re not ready for this but here’s a sneak peek’ which led me to the worst disillusionment i have ever experienced. i didn’t make much sense of it but the way kali works sure is something

12 Likes

Or you can use a hotchiku :stuck_out_tongue:

12 Likes

7 Likes

@Maoshan_Wanderer 's knowledge on Indian Traditions deserves more :heart: :heart:

We don’t find explainations so succinct, accurate and freely shared on the internet. And the influence of mastering sanskrit did show in the high quality of infos in his posts.

Simply reading his posts saved my day.

19 Likes

Glad you found them useful. Spirituality is like a vast ocean, no one really knows it all. But then a drop of water tasted does give you a glimpse of the ocean. I am just grateful to my teachers who taught a dumb fellow like me and the Goddess who continues to take care despite all my stupidity haha …

22 Likes

There is only one taste in the ocean, isn’t it.

I don’t know who can claim to know more about eastern religions than you do here… Apparently well versed in both Indian and Chinese Traditions.

7 Likes

Bumping this just cause it’s very very enlightening.

1 Like

Recently when I felt a pull towards Lakshmi project thread and did some research on the goddess I felt a huge resonance with name Kisshoten - she is supposed to be Lakshmi’s Buddhist counterpart, but they don’t seem to be the same deity from what I feel. :point_down:
I have discovered that I have a strong connection with the Buddhist goddess (even though I had never heard of her prior; perhaps that was the reason why my intuition was leading me to that thread), while name Lakshmi doesn’t ring a bell for me at all, not even when I tried chanting her mantra.
Even though this is a single specific case it might very much be case-specific, and it’s really interesting to ponder on, although I suppose it would be too ambitious to pursue it just for the sake of curiosity’s satisfaction lol.

5 Likes

Interesting experience I had 2 years ago regarding this topic. I was going through a rough time in my life and I ended up listening to the mantras on you tube on my breaks for 2 weeks.One night as I am between the sleep awake state I saw a being that looks like Kali I think had a lot of hands and some had swords in them and was just dancing in a ritualistic way, I freaked out and tried to wake up, happened once again after I stopped a while the same entity showed up and I freaked out again so it disappeared , didn’t happen to me since then, I wouldn’t have minded interacting with It but that was scary ass way to present itself haha

1 Like

Thanks for pointing this out. I was following and reciting Dhyaanguru Dr.Nipun Aggarwal’s mantras daily, sometimes more than 3 hundred times a day. Mostly related to wealth. I thought he was legit. I guess it’s hard to find the right Gurus online.

1 Like

Not all of his mantras are made up, some are real, authentic, time-tested mantras. But yeah, not a fan of this guy because he makes up a lot of stuff haha… Especially seduction-related ones as he knows people will fall for that right away…

8 Likes
9 Likes

What are you guys and girls doing with your offerings? I mean you offer something to your Deity, and what after some time? do you consume it, throw it away?
With altars at home its hard to keep this in one place fore ever, right? especially food

1 Like

Is the following mantra for chakras (bhoom, Sam, vishwa, rida, hum, risham, dhyana) made up too?

Only on his channel I’ve found these sounds/Mantras, so Idk.

Again, I found them to be working (I think, although I haven’t really used them much), but Lam Vam ram yam ham ksham om (for example) I found to be better.

Also, I have to ask: weren’t most Mantras made up (although usually a long time ago)?

Or were they Revealed by Deities/Devas and maybe other beings too, like Nagas?

3 Likes