Entity/Deity Thread

Wait a minute…just like Darth Vader!

9 Likes

vader is also dutch for father.

7 Likes

:exploding_head: the rabbit hole gets deeper!

3 Likes

Lucas has said “Darth” is a variation of “dark”

So Dark Father
but he claims it means dark lord.

… when do they start referring to him as just vader instead of darth vader.

14 Likes

lol i should seriously watch star wars

2 Likes

The German V is pronounced F so Vater ist pronounced ‘Fater’ :slightly_smiling_face:

Its not that much of a rabbit hole, check out the indo European language tree, English is close to a lot of languages (at least compared to my language which is not even on this tree :D)
Dutch is kind of like a mix of German and English so it makes sense basic words like this would be similar.
If you speak German and English, if you read something in Dutch, you can pretty much understand it. Spoken would be difficult, they pronounce a lot of things differently :D

4 Likes

@Maoshan_Wanderer

Well said bro. Explaination like this is needed because people in this ‘new age’ tend to confuse ‘maha mantras’ to just affirmations. These are powerful yet heavenly concentrations of ‘sound’ which manifest the diety/god or being.

2 Likes

May I ask if this is safe ( is it the correct pronunciation ), I think I already know but wanted to double check.

3 Likes

Yes! This is a very benevolent mantra. Invokes Krishna or Vishnu and is considered to be very good in aiding spiritual progress, meditation, etc.

Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya - this is the Dvadashi (twelve-letter) mantra. The phrasing “he bhagavan” is not a mantra, it simply means “O Lord”.

She uses a lot of different verses and prayers - but I don’t see anything wrong in them. Pretty good. Also love her voice!

8 Likes

I mean her pronunciation, chanting the Mantras :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I know :blush: exactly my first reaction :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Mantras and their relationship with deities:

8 Likes

arent Lithuanian and Polish the most similiar languages to Sanskrit tho?
I could give the countless examples:
Veda=Wiedza=Knowledge(Wisdom)
Agni(God of FIre)= Ogień= Fire
Śata=Sto=Hundred
Para Veda=Prawda=Truth
Nabhas=Niebo= The Heaven
and so and so on
Sorry for off topic but Im fascinated in this stuff thats the exact thing that got me into ‘‘rabbit hole’’
Could not keep my mouth shut :stuck_out_tongue:

sometimes I understand basic words without translation, if written in Latin Alphabet.

12 Likes

yeps

but i was just showing they are all rooted in a far bigger unity than the mental borders we create :slight_smile:

21 Likes

I was thinking that but couldn’t keep myself quiet, sorry Sensei :smiley:

7 Likes

it was an awesome bit of knowledge man.

12 Likes

In modern Lithuanian it would look like this:

Išmintis
ugnis
šimtas
tiesa
dangus

:slight_smile:

5 Likes

Are You Lithuanian? I Was giving Polish examples.

4 Likes

WIjsheid en waarheid

Are one.

1 Like

These deities were once referred to as Eurasian - and there is a reason for that haha…

At some point, I got a message from Athena that some of the old world deities will return (sounds very Lovecraft lol) after the currently popular egregores fizzle out… Let us see how that goes haha…

23 Likes