Exercises, Routines, Practices for Spiritual/Magickal Development

In this thread I ask You to share with us things that You do or did in the past that helped You advance in Spiritual/Magickal/Occult/Psychic terms.

I will begin:

Prāṇāyāma:
You dont have to sit still in your room to practice Prāṇāyāma, especially if You live a busy lifestyle.
I personally began with simply counting my inhale, hold, exhale time using steps whenever I walked.
I would Inhale for 5 steps, hold for 2, then exhale for 5.
That Routine alone after just a few days made me more calm, my behaviour less compulsive, and greatly incerased my mental functions such as memory, the quality and speed of thinking etc.
I was feeling better and much less stressed also.
My ability to remember dreams and frequency of Lucid Dreams also incerased significantly.
As a more Advanced version of this exercise I would Synchronise My breathing with my Heartbeat
inhale for 5 (beats), hold for 2, exhale for 5 etc.
My opinion is that synchronising breath is in some way more beneficial when You are refering to something about You (steps, heartbeats) than to something outside (seconds).
And of Course 5,2,5 model was just comfortable for me. Dont push Yourself in it, For You it Could be like 3,1,3 or 6,3,6. Dont push Yourself.

Lucid Dreaming:
Well, To be Honest, any practice that is done to improve your ability to lucid dream is bound to, sooner or later develop You spiritually .

Dream Journal:
While its primarily used to improve Your dream memory, after some time helped me understood my subconscious mind more. When You read Your dreams and compare it to what You have experienced later(that day, that week, that year) You will find a very interesting similarities and Your ability to decipher Your subconscious (think conceptualy) will improve greatly. Not to mention intuition and precognitive abilities. That alone is a very powerful routine for sure.

Reality Test/ Every Day Awareness:
Once the ability to remember at least one or two dreams every night is developed, it is time to take control of your dreams.
I did this with succes in two ways.

The First Being Reality Tests:

You can hold Your nose with Your fingers and try to inhale several times a day
The thing is, after some time this will become Your routine, and You will also do this in Your dreams.
But, if You will try this in Your dream, You will actually be able to inhale via closed nose, that way You will realize You are in dream.

You can also double chceck what time it is.
If you do this while dreaming, You will discover that the time will be very different on the second check, and often some hilarious hour like 81:512 etc. That way You will also realize You are in dream.

There are various other methods of reality testing, the two mentioned above should give you a general understanding. Side benefit of such a practice is incerased awareness, and that leads me to a second, somewhat more advanced method:

Every Day Awareness.
In this practice Every moment becomes a reality test. You are fully aware of Your body, and Your environment, and constantly test Your reality via everything you are aware of. ''Could this, this and this happen only in a dream, or is it real? This method realy explodes Your awareness to a very high level.
You will also notice You are more receptive to something even different than ‘‘energy’’, You will Notice the ‘‘Interconnection of Everything’’ on a daily(and nightly) basis.

I have some more to share with You, I will do it in a few days.
Now its Your turn to share Your knowledge, Im waiting ^^

11 Likes

Meditation, Yoga, Cold Showers, walking before bed but only if it warm outside, Dream Journaling, Wim Hof breath technique, beeing thankful for food, water and other stuff, sometimes I do ekadashi fast

3 Likes

Mantras:
I have read somewhere that mantras work both as an intent and as an energy output.
Well what I know for sure is that mantras are surely effective and easy to practice rountines for creating specific outcomes.
Visualization was not needed in my case, neither was fancy clothes or specific rituals.
Yes, they help- but even just chanting mantra 108,54,27 times a day showed a great results both for me and in reality around me.
Here are some of my favorite mantras:

Om Namah Shivaya: Awareness/ Clamness; this mantra is prostation to Lord Shiva
Om Tryambakam Yajamahe Sughandim Pusti Vardhanam
Urva-Rukamiva Bandhanan Mrytyor Mokshya Ma Mritat; this wards off negativity, ilness and bad luck.
Its kind of Mantric Shileld if You will. This mantra is also adressed towards lord Shiva (The Three- Eyed one)
Om Dum Durugaye Namaha; Boosts Energy and Burns negativity
Om Kleem: Attraction of things
Om Shreem: Abudance/Prosperity

-Planetary Beej(Root) Mantras, for attracting the benefits and nullyfing the bad effects of both Natal and Transitional planetary placements:

Sun: Om Hraam Hreem Hraum Sah; Suryaye Namaha
Moon: Om Shraam Shreem Shraum Sah; Chandramase Namaha
Mars: Om Kraam Kreem Kraum Sah; Mangalaye Namaha
Mercury: Om Braam Breem Braum Sah; Buddhaye Namaha
Jupiter: Om Graam Greem Graum Sah; Guruve Namaha
Venus: Om Draam Dreem Draum Sah; Shukraye Namaha
Saturn: Om Praam Preem Praum Sah; Shanischeraye Namaha
Rahu: Om Bhraam Bhreem Bhraum Sah; Rahave Namaha
Ketu: Om Straam Streem Straum Sah; Ketave Namaha

4 Likes

My daily practise?

1. Pranayama (PY)
    Breathing is vital to get better grip on thoughts!
    Before that, I’m still at the mercy of the weather, with it, I get above the clouds… where it is always sunny! (Gotta love Tarot there, esp.Osho Zen, as swords/mind/thoughts are presented by clouds).
    It also helps in clearing energy from others (if I notice I’m affected), or prevent it by making sure I did my PY first!

2. 1h Cardio

3. Weights
    These two to get the hormones running/balanced, as well as make sure I optimize my body for now & next life. “Use it or loose it” is still applicable…

4. Recently added Kriya, initiated for that in December. Simple technique, yet I need all my focus every time…

5. I also try and keep my mind on positive things, so I listen to inspiring people, that preferably have a Brahmin mindset too.
    Oldies like Earl Nightingale, as well as Tom Bilyeu, Ed Mylett, David Meltzer, Mel Robbins, Myles Munroe (rather biblical), Goggins, there are sooo many!

6. Affirmations, affirming the truth behind everything/all : I am Light, I’m an Infinite Child of God, there is nothing but God, we’re all One, …

What I also did before:
• Guided Meditations (my PY is my meditation now). I love Steve Nobel (Soul Matrix) loads free online. As well as Sarah, from Reality Awareness, also plenty of great clearing, connecting and growing tools there free online.

• Yoga, Access Bars (Great to clear mind, company toooo American -pyramid-type stuff- for me though, just went for that awesome technique, not be 1 of theirs…) all kinds of Reiki, Self attunements, asking within if I can attune to certain shrub/herb/crystal.

Do sing Moola Mantra from time to time, to keep mind focused in right direction when it has wandered off…

1 Like