Forum Ideas/Feedback/Suggestions

Congrats on gaining the shield man :shield:
The forum will be in good hands :raised_hands:t3:

10 Likes

itā€™s ok the other two I flagged them because the original one reopened

4 Likes

Congrats, @anon32464289.

6 Likes

Wow, I step away for a wee bit and I miss some fun. Thank you guys for thinking kindly of me! :heart:

11 Likes

Ahhā€¦ good choice. Congrats @anon32464289 !! :partying_face:

Donā€™t get taken over by the power of the shield. :joy:

6 Likes

Congrats man!

I see we have a new man on the forum congress now.
Time to start doing some lobby work :smirk: :grin:

grafik

4 Likes

I got really happy when I saw the new mods. Totally deserved.

6 Likes

Wishful Thinking :thought_balloon:

I wish there was a ā€˜disappearing inkā€™ mode here. Sometimes you want to just express something in a stream of thought / in the moment and have it disappear afterwards.

Yes, I know we have the ability to delete the comment but itā€™s something one has to go do manually.

3 Likes

@Abcd You donā€™t need to keep deleting your comments. You can just go back and edit them if you need to by clicking on the pencil icon. :slight_smile:

Haha thank you @Starlight, for some reason my answers were not linked to your message, that I was answering to, and it kind of bothered me so I deleted it.
Hopefully this one will go through.
There are many features of this forum I do not know of yet.
Thank you for telling me, still learning :muscle:

3 Likes

Yes, I have that happen as well. I end up adding their @ name just like you did above.

Ask questions if you are unsure or need help. Folks are friendly here and will answer.

1 Like

Thank you :sunny:
I have noticed, people have been very nice and kind, and welcoming as well.
I will let you, or someone, know if I have questions. :running_woman:

1 Like

Yeah, this bothers me, too, when my posts donā€™t seem to be linked to the message that Iā€™m replying to. I feel your pain (probably too strong a word).

So, hereā€™s a cool solution (other than deleting your post): You can go in and edit your post like @Starlight mentioned. Then in the upper left corner of that editing area, thereā€™s another pencil icon. When you click on that second pencil, you can change it so that your reply is actually linked to a specific post in that thread. Isnā€™t that cool?! (Well, I thought so, anyways. :laughing: )

Yep, Iā€™m still learning, too.

3 Likes

Thank you I am going to try with this message :star_struck:

Edit: Well, it is not allowing me to link this message as a response to another one. It says ā€œReply to a post by Abcdā€ and it reposts my unedited message when validating it.
Currently looking for a ā€œfeaturesā€ thread or category on the forum to figure this out !

Dear moderator @Divine_Lotus, first, Hello nice to meet you! Also, these posts are out of the conversation, should we delete them afterwards? And is there a place to figure out the forumā€™s editing features? I cannot mark a message as a response to another post after publishing it. Thanks a lot :pray:

1 Like

You can and itā€™s good practice for our community but for this matter I can instead move these to the corresponding topic: Forum Ideas/Feedback/Suggestions for future reference on solving issues. If thatā€™s OK @SammyG

Update: moved anyway since i trust that this is ok

No problem for deleting the posts and/or transfer them to the the ā€œForum Ideas/Feedback/Suggestionsā€.

But then my question is :
How do I mark a message of mine as a response to someone elseā€™s post after I have posted it?

Thanks @Divine_Lotus @SammyG :pray::sunflower:
:two_hearts::sparkles:

From my experience the only way (for a clean look) would be to delete it and post again but it doesnā€™t work at times, making sure that it shows the ā€œreplyā€ arrow icon indicator (shows the userā€™s profile pic as well) on top-left of the editing box

Another way is to quote them (like i did in this post) by selecting their text in their post then press quote for it to show in the editor, as a fail-safe method.

If youā€™re quoting multiple snippets of words from someone, be sure you have a random placeholder-character-text so that it doesnā€™t auto-clear the editor, to keep the previous quoted content

A more minimal way is to @ mention the user

3 Likes

OK got it!

Thank you guys for your help!
:nerd_face::woman_in_lotus_position::sparkles::nerd_face:

1 Like

What shall we do for the post limit issue on #journeys and anywhere else which may need the limit removed? @SammyG

Confirmed evidence of my experience with limited posts in the #journeys

Consideration: And non- #journeys related posts such as individual dedicated feedback threads

And other question for #journeys

3 Likes

I keep seeing comments (varying in response) of what is allowed to be shared from Patreon tiers, what can be accessed after different tiers are lowered or cancelled, what gumroad/teespring purchased audios (if any) are able to be shared and guidance on protected audios, yet nowhere do I see actual information from Sapien. Can you please guide me to the actual highlighted rules? I feel like I have done a search everywhere and comments are not in FAQ or provided by Sapien. Any guidance is appreciated.