Help with calculating paypal fees

Hello everyone,

I decided to make a topic for it since i’m selling some nft’s with PayPal but some people don’t have the friends & family option. Can some of you enlighten us on how to calculate the fees accurately? A lot of the time i’m ending paying a lot of the fess when people don’t have this option.

The person whom i have a deal with is from China. How to calculate the fees? There are a lot of PayPal calculator sites but to me they all sound chinese. :smiley:

5 Likes

PayPal charges at every corner they can.

Currency exchange rate is about 5 percentage points below the actual rate, transfer fee another couple percent. And I can’t make the USD default, or even if I do, it still forces me to exchange from euros. Hence any transaction is a big loss internationally imo. That’s from euro to US.

Afaik, not many Chinese people use PayPal. That’s because it is notoriously difficult to send money out of China. I have eventually found a way, if you need a middle man

4 Likes

yes please, that would be amazing!

can i add you to the message?

1 Like

Sure

1 Like

Ty

https://lili.co/resources/accounting/paypal-fee-calculator

1 Like

Thank you Haru!

The payment is for 290$. He’s from China and i’m from Europe.
I can only do minor changements on the site.

1 Like

Okay

1 Like

So you think around 310$ right?

These fees for PayPal China seem quite doable in comparison with other countries

2 Likes

I would about 315 to 320 US dollars

Maybe 310$ USD is enough

1 Like

The buyer is from China and it’s he who has to pay me 290$. Probably you understood correct though.

Another two things:

1. ask buyer to pay directly in EUR (workout a rate with him/her) so this way I don’t think you will lose out on currency transaction on your end, but probably the same for the buyer anyway

2. Tell the buyer to use credit card company/bank conversion instead of paypal conversion, to save some money on his/her end

2 Likes

Ok i always ask for dollars although i’m from europe. I only use my paypal for buying or selling nft’s. That’s why i directly ask for dollars. It’s way easier for me when i buy an nft and no conversion.

2 Likes